Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-19-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Got back in the boat last weekend after a set and a couple of "sinus busters"....and had some pain in my lower right knee, near the top of the shin. Thinking I strained some ligaments, and I've been iceing, wrapping, and taking Motrin and Triflex supplements all week. I noticed some guys wear these neoprene supports and not the full CTI. 20 years of MX and luckily I did not have significant knee injuries, other than a broken knee cap and a couple of knee sprains, so they're beat up, but not wrecked yet. I'd like to keep them strong. Any recomendations on a brace or support just for riding??? Price doesn't matter, I just don't want to spend the big bucks for a CTI yet.

DC
Old    buckettim            04-19-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
http://www.kneeshop.com/fusion.htm

I look at this one as a good all around knee braces...YOU were lucky 20yrs no knee injury in motocross...must of been nice..my knee ended any chance of going pro when i was younger.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-19-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
my girlfriend's dad rides with that Breg brace and he swears by it. It's really light.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-19-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
I'm pretty happy with the EVS sx01 that Buywake sells for $100. Good for a cheapy non-custom support.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-19-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
After two acl surgeries I finally went to a store and bought knee braces. They're made by Astrisk. They come in many sizes, cost only $500.00 for the pair, and I was told they're made by the same company that makes the CTI2. They sort of look like them too. Oh, and they're comfy for wakeboarding.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-19-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
How can I get my insurance company to pay for a good brace?
Old    buckettim            04-19-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
yeah i was always curious about the Astrisk i wasn't sure if they would be good in the water...
As for Insurance if you get subscribe one by your doctor your insurance will cover it..Unless if you have crappy insurance like i had when i had my last knee injury.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-19-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Just have your doctor write a script for one.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-19-2006, 11:26 PM Reply   
buckettim I sent them an email a while back about wakeboarding with their braces and they said its fine, you just got to dry them before you store them like any brace.
Old    buckettim            04-20-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Nice i need a brace for my knee and i dont want to have to go back and forth trying to get a CTI brace.
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-21-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
Two very short twins standing behind your bindings with their arms straight up make great shock absorbers
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-27-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Dude...never thought of that! I have two year old twin girls! Perfect....as long as they don't get too dizzy on the spins. lol

DC