Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-02-2005, 8:12 PM Reply   
Sorry if this has been asked before. But my skyski is anodized red/black w/ red on the wings. It looks really cool, except I have a blue suit, blue vest, blue rash guard, blue towels, a blue boat, and a yellow helmet (don't ask). The skyski just doesn't quite fit in as it should... lol

Is there a way to get a skyski anodized blue w/o spending a fortune?

Maybe this pic. will help...
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-02-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
Do I look like a loser here or what...
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-04-2005, 8:00 AM Reply   
I think it would cost ALOT of cash to make it blue . I'll take your ski, if you do not like the color . Is your ski a LEX ?? what year is it ? I ride a 2004 ST pro 2 piece billet. Here is a pic, my board is blue .
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-04-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
lol, I love my ski and although it seems to be the odd man out of my gear, i'm in no position to pay a whole lot to do anything. We got it used off ebay, all i know is its a LEX. We then had it shipped out west to get anodized. Then, first day riding back in the northeast, my dad hit bottom, and ski had to go right back out west to get fixed! So this ski has had enouugh money put into it, lol
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-04-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
WOW , I would LOVE to have a LEX !! I have been foiling for 2 summers now. I'll trade ya, my polished 2 piece foil for yours . Its even blue !!
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-04-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
Here is a pic .......
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-06-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Haha...

goochy, I really like your ski a lot! When the foil is polished nicely, it looks great! We were too lazy to polish, thats why we went with the anodizing in the first place.

BTW, how did you get a blue board? I guess thats next best thing for me, lol.
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-06-2005, 4:31 PM Reply   
blue boards are the 2004 models, the top half is chrome so no polish, but the bottom I do have to polish, but with the new billet, its so easy. No more buffer or wheel to clean it. Some mothers polish and a rag thats all. Its a sweet looking ski when the sun hits it on the water. Lets trade tops then , board and shock tower ! . I want a LEX BAD !!! Here is a lazy boy, ( NO hander) let go then grab the handle again !!
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-06-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
As far as I know, the boards are the same right? Or is the LEX a little longer?

I don't think a board trade would be fair on your part, lol. My uncle was swinging the rope about ready to throw. But, he missed,(kinda hard to miss the water isnt it...) and the side of the handle put a nice "nick" in the ski! Noticible, annoying, but doesn't change performance luckily.

But hey, if the boards are the same, and we both got the shock tower, I'll get a big box and a lot of bubble rap!

P.S. We have the cinch footstays also, if that matters... ;)
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-06-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
boards are the same, your shock tower is alittle different, not much, and I also have cinch. The Lex strut is longer than mine, so that means BIGGER air !! Thats why I want a LEX !! We need to trade bottoms and tops . What year is yours, when did you buy it. Here is a blackfip CRASH !!!
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-06-2005, 5:24 PM Reply   
Right, I'm no skyski expert. But I did find out that mine is carbon fiber or something, and thats different.

So I'm starting to notice goochy, you like showing off a bit a little in each post!

I'd be the same way if I had good pics.
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-06-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
I just love hydrofoiling, I quit wakeboarding , so I could only foil. I have 2 summers on a foil so far. How long have you been foiling ? I think the pic of you looks good, just go biger every year. I finally got a few blackflips last year, ( like 10 out of 40 tries ) still have a long way to go. Carbon fiber rocks, yall must paid ALOT for that ski ?? Now here is some BIG AIR, and showing off, I'm just a want to be
Here is a pic of Phill going BIG !!

(Message edited by goochy on March 06, 2005)
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-06-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
I would not call a head skidder show in off !!
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-07-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
The showing off is not the head skidder, but the pain after the fall.

I'm telling ya, if my folks had to pay a lot for our ski, I wouldn't be on it right now. Ebay is the solution for everything!

I actually took on the challange of taking on hydrofoiling, while not losing any time slaloming. This means twice the time on the water. Also, I did somewhat drop boarding a little, and this season I hope to take on the challange of picking boarding up too. That way, I'll be a slalomer, boarder, and foiler! I think thats something to be proud of itself!
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-07-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Foiling is the way to go. have you checked out www.foilfreaks.com yet ?? My friend has a NEW 2004 on e bay for sale , listed today !! I might go foiling this Sat !!!
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-07-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
Yeah I check foilfreaks once in a while. I wanted to be an admin for his forum site, but I think Brain said he didn't need it.

I don't know if you remember, but a while ago I posted a potential hydrofoil site called "The SkySkier" or "The Hydrofoiler." It was an advanced forum site like what Brian has now, and recommended it on Yahoo, but wasn't a hit at all, so I put it down. Thats why I was a little suprised when I saw his site... lol

You're so lucky you can go on the water. My lake's still frozen and we're probably not getting it summerized til Apr. 1st.
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-09-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
Water temp is in the mid 50 s ( I think ) last Sat was around 68 outside, my friend went , but I did not. I hope to be on the water soon.. Got any more pics of ya riding or pics of your ski.
Here is my friend Bryon in a huge laid out gainer
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-09-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
Nah unfortunately not.

Nobody seems to ever have a camera around unless its my last run in november. This year I not only plan to always have a dig. camery on the boat, but a dig. video camera also.