Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bdew)      Join Date: May 2009       06-16-2014, 1:37 PM Reply   
We have an 03' Calabria v-drive and the upolstry could use some work. Does anyone who has had their boat reupholstered know about how many yards I would need to buy to do the entire boat? Also is there a good place to find quality marine grade vinyl at a decent price? I am looking at just doing one color throughout the boat. Thanks
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-16-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
Check out this thread. Ask him, he redid his Hydrodyne, which is the same as a Calabria. They may be a little different because of the year difference, but I bet it'd be similar.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799667
Old     (bdew)      Join Date: May 2009       06-16-2014, 9:00 PM Reply   
thanks for the link, it took some reading through that thread but that was an impresive rebuild! Im glad i came on here first, was thinking i would need around 30-40 yards, glad its closer to the 20 range.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-16-2014, 9:24 PM Reply   
Yeah just like that except this is a 150K boat!
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-16-2014, 9:45 PM Reply   
If it's your first time and your doing it yourself get A LOT of extra... u will want it.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-16-2014, 10:16 PM Reply   
Find a small upholstery shop. A one man operation type. I had my old boat done for me for less than I could have bought the vinyl for. I don't know where professionals get their vinyl but the stuff they sell to consumers must be marked up by 10 times or more. I paid less and the guy did a better job than I could have ... oh and I didn't have to do the work either. Carpet is the same way.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-17-2014, 6:34 AM Reply   
viper customs out of tn. Send them the skins, the copy and send back, and then you reinstall. Much cheaper than you would think. They did mine and the results were great.

Last edited by williamburell; 06-17-2014 at 6:37 AM.
Old     (bdew)      Join Date: May 2009       06-17-2014, 10:03 AM Reply   
William, those skins look great! I love the look of the cross stitching. I dont think i have the time to take off and send in and replace, unless I do it over next winter.

James, I'm fairly certain i would sew my fingers together if i tried to do this myself, we have a small shop that has done a ton of furniture for us, but they specialize in custom car work. they are also in the hood and pretty cheap, so i think thats the rout i will go.

Does anyone know a good place to find marine vinyl online? and anything i should look for or stay away from when buying?