Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-23-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
Hey im heading down to murrays camp in the next few weeks. I was just wondering if anyone has been there and what to expect. thanks
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-23-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
My wife and I went in April. Expect that you will ride alot...like until you are sore daily! I would recommend riding kinda light the first day. Don't go and try to ride to impress Shaun and Travis by doing "ironman sessions" on your first day. Also...wear a lot of sunscreen and reapply liberally throughout the day. Also, be prepared to have a really fun time. Both those guys are great coaches and are really cool and easygoing.

If I had to do it all over again...every afternoon session would have started with a beer and I would have brought my cooler out for some refreshment the rest of the afternoon.

If you're legal age, there's a cool Irish bar in St. Cloud too.

Eric
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
I went to The Boarding School close to two years ago shortly after they first went into business. It was a great experience; both fun and educational. As like with Eric, the long days of riding left my body pretty banged-up and sore, but it was surely worth it. The only thing that could have made it better is to have rented a car. With no ground transportation we were stuck at the boarding house every night with nothing to do but eat, watch televison and take Advil.
Old    jdbyron            08-24-2005, 6:50 AM Reply   
I'm a 22 year old guy from Minnesota in my 3rd season of wakeboarding once a week or so from May to Sept. I'm able to land a backroll and 360, and on the brink of other inverts. I feel like a camp like this might be something fun to do next season with some friends. This is the first I've heard of a camp that's not for younger kids. Does this sound like a good camp for me? And, where can I check it out more?
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-24-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
www.theboardingschool.com

We don't even take anyone under 18 unless they are with a parent or older brother or something.

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

T