Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2016, 2:15 PM Reply   
Finally, an explanation for some things that are going on! The Dunning-Kruger effect:
http://addictinginfo.org/2016/10/02/...says-probably/

Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-03-2016, 2:16 PM Reply   
I know its been posted, but can we all just let the headline soak in for a minute.....

"New York Attorney General: Trump Charitable Foundation Violated The Law"

So we now have Trump University was a scam, now this is a scam. I mean Hillary sucks, but this pretty much closes the "whos worse" argument.

You guys had 16 other potential candidates, how did you all arrive at this one?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2016, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
You guys had 16 other potential candidates, how did you all arrive at this one?
Because they all sucked.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-03-2016, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
I know its been posted, but can we all just let the headline soak in for a minute.....

"New York Attorney General: Trump Charitable Foundation Violated The Law"

So we now have Trump University was a scam, now this is a scam. I mean Hillary sucks, but this pretty much closes the "whos worse" argument.

You guys had 16 other potential candidates, how did you all arrive at this one?
You think that closes any argument? LOL No way. She is the poster child for why we don't trust politions. Just wait for the wikileaks thing on her to come out.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-03-2016, 4:04 PM Reply   
I keep hearing that people hate Clinton but haven't actually heard any arguments about what she has done that is so terrible that can't be dismissed with a quick internet search. The "her people killed witnesses" thing is WAY stupid and super easy to prove wrong.

On that note how can she be incredibly incompetent and able to get away with a string of murders at the same time? Just a stupid argument.

Give me some details? I know why I don't like her but I haven't heard anything coherent from the right.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-03-2016, 4:07 PM Reply   
That's because there isn't anything coherent from the right. The only reasonable people are the ones who've since come out and admitted that Benghazi was a taxpayer-money-wasting witch hunt.

Some of it is chauvinist bs, some of it is legitimate anti-establishment sentiment runamuck, and some of it is tinfoil whackjoberry.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-03-2016, 4:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You think that closes any argument? LOL No way. She is the poster child for why we don't trust politions. Just wait for the wikileaks thing on her to come out.
Just like the last one was going to "end" her? It's just hype.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-03-2016, 7:08 PM Reply   
Ha ha, this fool is trying pretty hard to not get elected:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2815752
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-03-2016, 10:03 PM Reply   
https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/...the-thousands/
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-03-2016, 10:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Again, no evidence. Just a link to a .org site whose single goal is to push voter fraud lol.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-04-2016, 7:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You think that closes any argument? LOL No way. She is the poster child for why we don't trust politions. Just wait for the wikileaks thing on her to come out.
I was going to reply last night but your comment sparked some thought. You're right, she is another politician with an agenda. But wouldn't that just make her a bad president, we've had those and would survive. To your point, yes an outsider could be a great agent of some positive change. But sorry, Trump has given way to many scandals and/bs to qualify in any form of public service. His GD charity does not even do charity work! Trump vs. Clinton: Sorry but Clintons scandals just don't hold water. Every preceding politician has had the same. Bush had 60 ambassadors killed under his reign, and his White House email scandal. So get over it already.

As for WikiLeaks..... yeah we'll see... I'm skeptical of any "this is going to end her" propaganda. If Julian had anything that would "end her" he would have released it last night.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-04-2016, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Because they all sucked.
So true... just think if both current potus candidates didn't suck so bad, this election could have been the biggest landslide victory in the history of this country for either party.

This is only a contest because the choices are turd burger or shiut sandwich.
Old    deltahoosier            10-04-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
Hey Delta.... Remember saying this:

Since your boy Trump hasn't paid taxes in years, where does this put him in that argument?
I would say you don't understand taxes or government.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-04-2016, 10:53 AM Reply   
At the end of the day, if a Republican or Democrat wins, it will still only be their party voting for their agenda. Neither Clinton or Trump is going to get bipartisan support on 99% of their agenda.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-04-2016, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Is anyone else curious about the surprise that wikileaks was supposed to release on Wednesday? Now it's been cancelled for "security reasons." Makes me wonder if he received death threats from Hildabeast's cronies.
LOL

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/10/04/p...ise/index.html

Again. Hype. And you guys fell for it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-04-2016, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Just wait for the wikileaks thing on her to come out.
Poor Mark.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-04-2016, 6:35 PM Reply   
Things are looking up for the Drumpf camp... Pence won the debate before it even happened! Lol

http://www.vox.com/2016/10/4/1316838...nce-won-debate
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-04-2016, 8:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
I would say you don't understand taxes or government.
Hahaha.... two days and that is what you came up with? Taxes are a joke anyway. The gov't just runs on good will, freedom, and the good lords grace right.

Question, since you can't afford to live in SF why don't you move to the middle of the country and claim welfare? It's legal right you can do it. If that is that is the case then why do you complain about all these immigrants on public assistance. Why do we need a wall?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-04-2016, 10:26 PM Reply   
Wes : your a educated guy. Why turn to news to figure out who won? It's like you decide the pulse of the nation based on what news tells you.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-04-2016, 10:29 PM Reply   
Wes here ya go!

Omg bill has a done from a black hooker
http://www.inquisitr.com/2794613/dan...tons-campaign/
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-04-2016, 11:08 PM Reply   
Grant you missed the joke. The GOP put out a press release ready to go saying that Pence won and WHY before the debate even started lol
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-04-2016, 11:12 PM Reply   
And did you even read the BS site you just linked (which is from February) and even itself says the claim is bogus. Total Alex Jones click bait - right up your alley I guess.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-04-2016, 11:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Wes : your a educated guy. Why turn to news to figure out who won? It's like you decide the pulse of the nation based on what news tells you.
Oh man.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-04-2016, 11:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Oh man.
Right? Sigh.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-05-2016, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Grant you missed the joke. The GOP put out a press release ready to go saying that Pence won and WHY before the debate even started lol
So funny! They're a such a dumpster fire. I just wonder if republicans will at least admit it to each other?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2016, 8:01 AM Reply   
I guess I was not very articulate in getting my point across. My point is, Yes my Bill Clinton (kid link) was/Is total media National Equirer trash. I have said it before how lame the after debate spin doctors are "on both sides" the new or media trying to tell you what you just saw and heard.
Old    deltahoosier            10-05-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
Hahaha.... two days and that is what you came up with? Taxes are a joke anyway. The gov't just runs on good will, freedom, and the good lords grace right.

Question, since you can't afford to live in SF why don't you move to the middle of the country and claim welfare? It's legal right you can do it. If that is that is the case then why do you complain about all these immigrants on public assistance. Why do we need a wall?
two days? Have not been on for nearly a week prior to that and your commentary is mostly narcissistic anyway so why bother.

Taxes are set up by the government to shape policy and social goals. I have zero issue with the way someone uses the tax system because it is LEGAL. Should somethings be fixed? Sure, but I am sure you know these things as a business guy?

Go to the midwest and live on welfare? Interesting idea. I don't live in San Fran so not sure what you are speaking about.

So let me get this straight. You are going to tell me to go live in the midwest and live on welfare because it is my right and then ask me why I complain about people on welfare as if I am doing it? Do you even read what you type? Do you get so emotional hijacked that thought bubbles pop in your head and ***** reigns down from your fingers?

I lived in the midwest growing up and guess what we more than qualified for welfare yet my mother would not get on it. SO put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Also, I am against ILLEGAL immigrants and not too fond of moving muslims to the front of the line for simply being muslims when other immigrants have been doing it the right way. It is called fairness and protecting our system of government.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-05-2016, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I guess I was not very articulate in getting my point across. My point is, Yes my Bill Clinton (kid link) was/Is total media National Equirer trash. I have said it before how lame the after debate spin doctors are "on both sides" the new or media trying to tell you what you just saw and heard.
So if I am following along, your analysis goes like this: "if some news is fake then no news can be trusted." That about right?

Because the national enquirer exists, the christian science monitor is garbage?

Because Hannity is an unabashed Trump shill, Meet the Press is just an hour of lies?

Regarding the spin doctors, if you watched Fox after the presidential debate last week, the conservative spin doctors were saying Trump lost. It's good to recognize or be sensitive to potential bias in reporting, but it's also good to be sensitive to bias in your own perceptions. I've taken to listening to conservative talk radio and watching Fox a lot more lately, just to see how "the other side" sees the Trump implosion. Grant, you might want to tune in to NPR or read Politico from time time, to measure how your personal biases measure up against how moderates see things.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 10-05-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-05-2016, 10:48 AM Reply   
I, like usual, don't have time for a well organized post.
but here are some thoughts. Hopefully someone else that doesn't lean democrat, can expand upon it

for those that are bothered by Trump allegedly losing a billion and claiming that he is a poor business man, I call BS. Venture capitalism and pursuing the entrepreneurial dream costs money. Success doesn't always come from the first venture. Most people would give up after a huge loss. Trump apparently didn't. I would imagine that he made back the lost money with his TV shows and real estate.

Also, what about all of the tax payer money that Oblummer etal lost from the bailout money. Money invested in companies that went south, businesses that only stayed afloat due to gov't money. Isn't calling Trump out for losing $$, kind of a double standard?


just some thought....
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-05-2016, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
I lived in the midwest growing up and guess what we more than qualified for welfare yet my mother would not get on it. SO put that in your pipe and smoke it.
So if Trump legally taking advantage of the tax code to not pay taxes "makes him smart," what does qualifying for but not taking advantage of welfare make your mom?

(casting no aspersions at your mom in particular, Delta)
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-05-2016, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
businesses that only stayed afloat due to gov't money.

* * *

just some thought....
Would it be reasonable to wonder whether Trump "only stayed afloat" because of his ability to carry forward is loss deductions?

Tax deductions are really a form of government money if you think about it. The government can collect money and then dole it out in the form of a subsidy or the government can subsidize directly by declining to collect taxes from certain individuals in the first place.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-05-2016, 11:02 AM Reply   
my problem isn't with those that take advantage of the system, although my #1 pet peeve is laziness, it's the fact that no one seems to want to fix it.
The dems want to expand things instead of reduce and eliminate waste and abuse
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-05-2016, 11:03 AM Reply   
so yes, both tax code and handouts, need reform.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2016, 11:08 AM Reply   
Shawn: I watched the debate and then turned off the TV BUT for the next 3 days after I got to hear about how this side won and this side lost on Every news channel on the air. I even Learned about Ralph's "Coke Addiction" with TRUMP post here! Example I watched the debate and never picked up on Trumps sniffing or deep breathing. It was only after you "tune in" to the peanut gallery to hear what others wanted you to hear.(not pointing out Ralph) I know it was a Howard Dean refferance but just a example of the Aftermath.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-05-2016, 11:17 AM Reply   
sorry. It's noon here and I let a key cook have a day off...yes, paid. Have 60 steaks on my grill

so quickly

Trump is called out for his loss, but Oblumma, Pelosi, reed etal, aren't called out for theirs. It should be in the same conversation, or not brought up
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-05-2016, 11:17 AM Reply   
How the heck could you watch the debate and not hear his sniffling? Must be that you were mesmerized by his say whatever is on his mind approach. Neither one of those clowns won the debate and even worse, America lost because of it.

The VP debate was pretty stupid too, Tim Kaine basically imitated Trump by interrupting Mike Pence every chance that was remotely possible.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-05-2016, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Trump is called out for his loss, but Oblumma, Pelosi, reed etal, aren't called out for theirs. It should be in the same conversation, or not brought up
Pretty sure that the only reason any of us know the name Solyndra is because the Obama admin was in fact called out on it.

Being called out and being burned at the stake are two different things. I mean shoot, some people are saying Trump is a genius for goodness sake. Reasonable opinions regarding the same facts can clearly differ.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-05-2016, 11:29 AM Reply   
maybe he sniffles because he realizes, that either he will have to clean up all of olummer's crap, or that Hillary will win and things are about to get even worse
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-05-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Shawn: I watched the debate and then turned off the TV BUT for the next 3 days after I got to hear about how this side won and this side lost on Every news channel on the air. I even Learned about Ralph's "Coke Addiction" with TRUMP post here! Example I watched the debate and never picked up on Trumps sniffing or deep breathing. It was only after you "tune in" to the peanut gallery to hear what others wanted you to hear.(not pointing out Ralph) I know it was a Howard Dean refferance but just a example of the Aftermath.
You're still missing the original joke.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-05-2016, 12:39 PM Reply   
3rd party candidates Johnson/Weld give up; Weld (former republican governor of Mass.) says his sole focus is on preventing a Drumpf presidency and he will actively work to elect Clinton. Would then like to work with Romney, Barbour, etc to rebuild GOP.

"Trump has Weld’s “full attention,” he explained, because his agenda is so terrible it’s “in a class by itself.” “I think Mr. Trump’s proposals in the foreign policy area, including nuclear proliferation, tariffs, and free trade, would be so hurtful, domestically and in the world, that he has my full attention,” Weld said. "


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...residency.html
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-05-2016, 1:42 PM Reply   
Proud to be a valued member of the peanut gallery. I think I'm valued. Hmmm, maybe not now I think of it. Bloody foreigners.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2016, 7:28 PM Reply   
Solyndra great example of Obozo & the Hilda beasts administrations policy's at work.OUR government giving [B]Hundreds of millions of dollars [B]away to a de funct Bankrupt company. Our Democratic s leaders offering up Millions to a company that says "Hey we are bankrupt" please don't give us any more $. OMG you think the woman in a Pant Suit is gonna do any better then "O"bozo china is Laughing at us! The Pant Suit ruler strikes fear in the hearts of so many LOL hill Lie rey is such a toxic beast.s
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2016, 8:40 PM Reply   
Ralph:Luv ya you dam Kiwi I have to complement you. You always get your point across with out getting personal or going dark a quality I wish I could copy.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       10-05-2016, 9:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
maybe he sniffles because he realizes, that either he will have to clean up all of olummer's crap, or that Hillary will win and things are about to get even worse
Lol, good one.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2016, 4:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Would it be reasonable to wonder whether Trump "only stayed afloat" because of his ability to carry forward is loss deductions?

Tax deductions are really a form of government money if you think about it. The government can collect money and then dole it out in the form of a subsidy or the government can subsidize directly by declining to collect taxes from certain individuals in the first place.
That's the difference in liberal thinking and conservative thinking. The conservatives think if you go out and work the money you"earn" is yours to distribute as you wish. The Liberals think the Government is entitled to part,some or most of the money you earn to distribute to whomever and whatever they wish. Including giving money to countries who hate the USA. (Why pay them to hate us when they will do it for free) . We have plenty of disabled and needy veterans here in the USA that would appreciate the government doing what they promised. Also the Government distributes money to the poor to buy votes. Say what you will but who needs a cell phone and twinkies?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
That's the difference in liberal thinking and conservative thinking. The conservatives think if you go out and work the money you"earn" is yours to distribute as you wish. The Liberals think the Government is entitled to part,some or most of the money you earn to distribute to whomever and whatever they wish. Including giving money to countries who hate the USA. (Why pay them to hate us when they will do it for free) . We have plenty of disabled and needy veterans here in the USA that would appreciate the government doing what they promised. Also the Government distributes money to the poor to buy votes. Say what you will but who needs a cell phone and twinkies?
You are against farm subsidies then?

How does the military get money to buy stuff in your alternate reality? How will the government pay to serve those disabled vets?

Last edited by shawndoggy; 10-06-2016 at 7:32 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 7:31 AM Reply   
A small, but very stupid thing. I'm convinced that this same issue is what sunk John Kerry in the silver state in 04:

Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-06-2016, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
That's the difference in liberal thinking and conservative thinking. The conservatives think if you go out and work the money you"earn" is yours to distribute as you wish. The Liberals think the Government is entitled to part,some or most of the money you earn to distribute to whomever and whatever they wish. Including giving money to countries who hate the USA. (Why pay them to hate us when they will do it for free) . We have plenty of disabled and needy veterans here in the USA that would appreciate the government doing what they promised. Also the Government distributes money to the poor to buy votes. Say what you will but who needs a cell phone and twinkies?
You realize that vets usually get less when conservatives are in charge right? You really should go look at the stuff you guys have cut and left vets high and dry with before you comment on conservatives helping vets that much.

Do you think living in the country is free or what? How do the cops get paid? How do we bomb those counties who hate us? You think POTUS funds that from his piggy bank he saved up with since he was a child or what. Lets slash taxes and let you guys distribute your money into a thriving economy like in the Bush era, that worked really well.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-06-2016, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Solyndra great example of Obozo & the Hilda beasts administrations policy's at work.OUR government giving [B]Hundreds of millions of dollars [B]away to a de funct Bankrupt company. Our Democratic s leaders offering up Millions to a company that says "Hey we are bankrupt" please don't give us any more $. OMG you think the woman in a Pant Suit is gonna do any better then "O"bozo china is Laughing at us! The Pant Suit ruler strikes fear in the hearts of so many LOL hill Lie rey is such a toxic beast.s
1. If China is doing as great as you say they are, then move there. 2. Do you not realize that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is what pulled us out of the recession by helping local business to grow, first time home buyers, and entrepreneurs start new businesses. The energy investment portion alone was $27B!

You also missed the fundamental reasoning behind 3 branches of government. The Legislative checks and balances the Executive branch and vice versa. However, all but 3 republicans voted against it! Guess you guys can't show up when the opportunity presents itself. [Case and point picking Trump to win the White House. That was just plain stupid]

Republicans talk about bringing jobs back and Solyndra was creating jobs, then when the govt invest in a renewable energy source, and job creator, you complain. WTF man? Manufacturing is gone, and it's not coming back. If you want jobs, then we have to innovate and invest in the long game. Some are going to win & some are going to loose. If you think Solyndra is bad, when do you think was the last time Amtrak turned a profit?

But given you're also a guy who picked Trump over any other choice of candidates, I'll assume; that along with your conspiracy that Obama & Hillary are running around with an unrestricted govt checkbook. Then you also think that NASA is a sound gov't investment. Proof you can't argue with ignorance.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-06-2016, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
That's the difference in liberal thinking and conservative thinking. The conservatives think if you go out and work the money you"earn" is yours to distribute as you wish. The Liberals think the Government is entitled to part,some or most of the money you earn to distribute to whomever and whatever they wish. Including giving money to countries who hate the USA. (Why pay them to hate us when they will do it for free) . We have plenty of disabled and needy veterans here in the USA that would appreciate the government doing what they promised. Also the Government distributes money to the poor to buy votes. Say what you will but who needs a cell phone and twinkies?
WOW! This is so short sided I don't even know where to start. But if you're comparing liberal and conservative thought process in helping the military, then how do you explain Republican resistance on the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act a.k.a. First Responders Act?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-06-2016, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
WOW! This is so short sided I don't even know where to start. But if you're comparing liberal and conservative thought process in helping the military, then how do you explain Republican resistance on the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act a.k.a. First Responders Act?
You can honestly go on and on. With GOP shafting vets.
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So if Trump legally taking advantage of the tax code to not pay taxes "makes him smart," what does qualifying for but not taking advantage of welfare make your mom?

(casting no aspersions at your mom in particular, Delta)
She did not believe taking handouts from something that she did not pay into. Trump did what is legal as well. Just so we get this clear. The money you make is your money not the governments by definition. The government works for us, not the other way around. Do you take your personal allowance on your taxes? Do you write off your interest if you own a home? Do you take the state tax allowance off your federal taxes if you itemize? If you do, then you must be an anti-government cheat.

How does that tie into Trump except for a cheap shot that further makes democrats look like the violent stoop to the lowest of the low people that you are?
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You are against farm subsidies then?

How does the military get money to buy stuff in your alternate reality? How will the government pay to serve those disabled vets?
Farm subsidies is a interesting topic. My buddy who has a long time family in farming in Wisconsin says that the subsidies are killing farming. The farmers are paid not to plant certain crops to control costs. They actually produce too much of it so the government is basically picking winners and losers.
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
1. If China is doing as great as you say they are, then move there. 2. Do you not realize that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is what pulled us out of the recession by helping local business to grow, first time home buyers, and entrepreneurs start new businesses. The energy investment portion alone was $27B!

You also missed the fundamental reasoning behind 3 branches of government. The Legislative checks and balances the Executive branch and vice versa. However, all but 3 republicans voted against it! Guess you guys can't show up when the opportunity presents itself. [Case and point picking Trump to win the White House. That was just plain stupid]

Republicans talk about bringing jobs back and Solyndra was creating jobs, then when the govt invest in a renewable energy source, and job creator, you complain. WTF man? Manufacturing is gone, and it's not coming back. If you want jobs, then we have to innovate and invest in the long game. Some are going to win & some are going to loose. If you think Solyndra is bad, when do you think was the last time Amtrak turned a profit?

But given you're also a guy who picked Trump over any other choice of candidates, I'll assume; that along with your conspiracy that Obama & Hillary are running around with an unrestricted govt checkbook. Then you also think that NASA is a sound gov't investment. Proof you can't argue with ignorance.
Solyndra created jobs long enough for the government startup funds lasted. That is a lot of what Silicon Valley is anyway. Lots of misses and some hits. Either private or government is dumping money in without payback in many cases. You have to take some chances.

Amtrak should be allowed to die. Really does not provide a service.

Manufacturing can come back. We thought that prior to 80's too. Japan was taking all ours. We decided to make good products instead of junk and now Japan exports jobs to us for manufacturing. It is all a mater of value which part of that is fiscal policy from the feds.

The three branches of government are for checks and balances, however all laws originate in the House and move from there. The president routinely forgets that.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
She did not believe taking handouts from something that she did not pay into. Trump did what is legal as well. Just so we get this clear. The money you make is your money not the governments by definition. The government works for us, not the other way around. Do you take your personal allowance on your taxes? Do you write off your interest if you own a home? Do you take the state tax allowance off your federal taxes if you itemize? If you do, then you must be an anti-government cheat.

How does that tie into Trump except for a cheap shot that further makes democrats look like the violent stoop to the lowest of the low people that you are?
violent? puh lease explain how any of my posts has ever advocated violence, let alone in this context?

Of course I take all of my deductions, and if you look at my posts on this issue earlier in the week, you'd see that you and I are in complete agreement on that point. I do not begrudge Trump his deductions -- though the optics of it sure look bad for him.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 11:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
the government is basically picking winners and losers.
This is what every single deduction/loophole/subsidy/credit does. All of them. Clean energy, corn, cadillac health care, mortgage interest deduction, etc etc.

As noted previously, Trump should've held up his billion dollar loss carry forward 6 months ago and said "look at the crazy loopholes the feds let me get away with. Help me end these!" Pretty sure that'd get bipartisan support, at least among the bernie-crats and the trumpublicans.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-06-2016, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Solyndra created jobs long enough for the government startup funds lasted. That is a lot of what Silicon Valley is anyway. Lots of misses and some hits. Either private or government is dumping money in without payback in many cases. You have to take some chances.

Amtrak should be allowed to die. Really does not provide a service.

Manufacturing can come back. We thought that prior to 80's too. Japan was taking all ours. We decided to make good products instead of junk and now Japan exports jobs to us for manufacturing. It is all a mater of value which part of that is fiscal policy from the feds.

The three branches of government are for checks and balances, however all laws originate in the House and move from there. The president routinely forgets that.
AND ITS DETLA CHIMING IN FROM THE REAR!

Solyndra - Good to know you agree on something.

Amtrak- It's the only long distance commuter train service in the country and considered a public service. Would be okay without, probably. Will there ever be a day that we need it, probably not. So yeah, I would be okay if it went away.

Name a single manufactured good we export to Japan? Just name one! Secondly, are you saying everything made in China isn't quality? When's the last time you bought an american made consumer electronic? A TV or even a cell phone?

The President of the United States forgets that Bills start at the executive branch? Do you know the difference between an executive order and a bill? Probably not, because if you did then you would realize your hero GW signed into effect 291 to Obama's 235.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-06-2016, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
She did not believe taking handouts from something that she did not pay into. Trump did what is legal as well. Just so we get this clear. The money you make is your money not the governments by definition. The government works for us, not the other way around. Do you take your personal allowance on your taxes? Do you write off your interest if you own a home? Do you take the state tax allowance off your federal taxes if you itemize? If you do, then you must be an anti-government cheat.

How does that tie into Trump except for a cheap shot that further makes democrats look like the violent stoop to the lowest of the low people that you are?
You do not have a leg to stand on here. Earlier in this thread you said the Govt runs on taxes and how we should all do our part. Yes, there are legal deductions but the corporate tax code has lots of room for interpretation. In short, you can stretch the flow of cash through a long enough chain to make any type of spending legal in the eyes of the law. Do I write of the equipment I buy for my business, you bet your ass I do. Do I count on govt deductions so that I can pay myself fat bonuses, no. I, and my businesses pay our fair share. I'll even release my tax returns to prove it.

It maybe legal to funnel revenue into payroll/bonuses but it's hardly ethical to do it at the tax payers expense.

An example: After Facebook's IPO company finances showed Zuck spent $4M a year on personal items such as use of the jet, a corporate home, etc. However, he does pay taxes when the stock he sells to cash in his "paycheck". On the other side, Steve Jobs paid himself $1 per year but took other payments that were tax exempt.

You, as a tax payer should be furious that Trump has used a string of businesses, bankruptcies and "charities" to pay himself under corporate expenditures opposed to paying taxes. You should be embarrassed for pushing a narrative that public assistance is a burden for the rest of us while your parties nomination for citizen #1 has avoided paying any taxes.

How about the fact his real estate company leased space in Trump Tower to his Campaign Headquarters, and then quadrupled the rent! Who do you think benifits from that form of campaign spending? More expensive rent isn't helping him get elected but it is funneling donations into his pocket.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-06-2016, 12:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
You do not have a leg to stand on here. Earlier in this thread you said the Govt runs on taxes and how we should all do our part.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2016, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
AND ITS DETLA CHIMING IN FROM THE REAR!

Solyndra - Good to know you agree on something.

Amtrak- It's the only long distance commuter train service in the country and considered a public service. Would be okay without, probably. Will there ever be a day that we need it, probably not. So yeah, I would be okay if it went away.

Name a single manufactured good we export to Japan? Just name one! Secondly, are you saying everything made in China isn't quality? When's the last time you bought an american made consumer electronic? A TV or even a cell phone?

The President of the United States forgets that Bills start at the executive branch? Do you know the difference between an executive order and a bill? Probably not, because if you did then you would realize your hero GW signed into effect 291 to Obama's 235.
We export Snap on Tools to Japan everyday. They prefer and appreciate Quality. Quality they can't get in Japan.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2016, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You are against farm subsidies then?

How does the military get money to buy stuff in your alternate reality? How will the government pay to serve those disabled vets?
Distribute in my example means the "people" have a say in how the money is spent. Do you actually think Republicans and Democrats care what the average citizen thinks? Why should we subsidize farms when people are starving all over the world? It seems the posters on here think conservative means republican and Liberal means Democratic. Imagine this either term could mean independent. Then the conservative or Liberal voter could decide which party or candidate aligned the closest with them.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2016, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
You realize that vets usually get less when conservatives are in charge right? You really should go look at the stuff you guys have cut and left vets high and dry with before you comment on conservatives helping vets that much.

Do you think living in the country is free or what? How do the cops get paid? How do we bomb those counties who hate us? You think POTUS funds that from his piggy bank he saved up with since he was a child or what. Lets slash taxes and let you guys distribute your money into a thriving economy like in the Bush era, that worked really well.
I didn't post that we should live for free. Only that we the people actually have a say in how and where our taxes are spent.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-06-2016, 12:56 PM Reply   
Top 10 US Exports to Japan

America's exports to Japan amounted to
$62.5 billion or 4.2% of its overall exports.

1. Aircraft, spacecraft: $7.1 billion
2. Medical, technical equipment: $7.1 billion
3. Machinery: $6.5 billion
4. Electronic equipment: $5.2 billion
5. Pharmaceuticals: $3.5 billion
6. Cereals: $3.1 billion
7. Meat: $2.8 billion
8. Organic chemicals: $2.2 billion
9. Plastics: $1.8 billion
10. Oil: $1.8 billion
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-06-2016, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
WOW! This is so short sided I don't even know where to start. But if you're comparing liberal and conservative thought process in helping the military, then how do you explain Republican resistance on the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act a.k.a. First Responders Act?
You're assuming Republican and conservative are one in the same. Republicans are a political party. Conservitives are a group of people with a similar view as each other.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-06-2016, 12:57 PM Reply   
" I'll even release my tax returns to prove it. "

Lets see it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-06-2016, 12:59 PM Reply   
Just for balance:

In 2012, the United States exported $118.49 billion in goods and services to Japan.

In 2012, the United States imported $178.78 billion in goods and services from Japan.

http://www.asiamattersforamerica.org...e/importexport
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
AND ITS DETLA CHIMING IN FROM THE REAR!

Solyndra - Good to know you agree on something.

Amtrak- It's the only long distance commuter train service in the country and considered a public service. Would be okay without, probably. Will there ever be a day that we need it, probably not. So yeah, I would be okay if it went away.

Name a single manufactured good we export to Japan? Just name one! Secondly, are you saying everything made in China isn't quality? When's the last time you bought an american made consumer electronic? A TV or even a cell phone?

The President of the United States forgets that Bills start at the executive branch? Do you know the difference between an executive order and a bill? Probably not, because if you did then you would realize your hero GW signed into effect 291 to Obama's 235.
You don't read too well. You should not post while drinking, your narcissism kicks in.

I did not say we export to Japan. In the 80's we lost our manufacturing TO Japan. We got it back for the most part (mainly the auto manufacturing)

Keep in mind regarding executive action. There is one thing to sign off on a few small parks and their is another to completely bypass congress on major policy. Of course you have trouble with relative rational when you been drinking.
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 2:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
You do not have a leg to stand on here. Earlier in this thread you said the Govt runs on taxes and how we should all do our part. Yes, there are legal deductions but the corporate tax code has lots of room for interpretation. In short, you can stretch the flow of cash through a long enough chain to make any type of spending legal in the eyes of the law. Do I write of the equipment I buy for my business, you bet your ass I do. Do I count on govt deductions so that I can pay myself fat bonuses, no. I, and my businesses pay our fair share. I'll even release my tax returns to prove it.

It maybe legal to funnel revenue into payroll/bonuses but it's hardly ethical to do it at the tax payers expense.

An example: After Facebook's IPO company finances showed Zuck spent $4M a year on personal items such as use of the jet, a corporate home, etc. However, he does pay taxes when the stock he sells to cash in his "paycheck". On the other side, Steve Jobs paid himself $1 per year but took other payments that were tax exempt.

You, as a tax payer should be furious that Trump has used a string of businesses, bankruptcies and "charities" to pay himself under corporate expenditures opposed to paying taxes. You should be embarrassed for pushing a narrative that public assistance is a burden for the rest of us while your parties nomination for citizen #1 has avoided paying any taxes.

How about the fact his real estate company leased space in Trump Tower to his Campaign Headquarters, and then quadrupled the rent! Who do you think benifits from that form of campaign spending? More expensive rent isn't helping him get elected but it is funneling donations into his pocket.
Again you don't read to well. I will post the opening statement the copied text of mine that you used as the talking point of your drunken diatribe against me.

Quote:
Government is made by the people and the people are taxed to pay for the government. It is for the common good. It was supposed to be a support structure, not a ruling structure.
No where in there did I say people should pay their "fair share" (liberal tripe statement) or define what share that anyone should pay into the system. My overall point was about how you can only take so much away from the people to pay for those who don't pay into the system before the system collapses.

So let's talk about legs to stand on......

Is it ethical for Soros and Buffet to short markets to make money? Is it ethical what they do to manipulate markets? Hillary and her Clinton Foundation?

If you actually read about Trumps deal about losing 900 million was actually written about by Trump in a New York Times article in 1997. So much for the democrats finding this hidden mystery. You guys are a joke.

n December of 1997, the Times published the first chapter of Trump's book "The Art Of The Comeback" in which the real estate mogul discusses the financial woes he had experienced during the housing crash of the early 90's and his subsequent comeback.

From the article:

Trump writes:

One day, while walking down Fifth Avenue, hand in hand with Marla, I pointed across the street to a man holding a cup and with a Seeing Eye dog. I asked, "Do you know who that is?"

Marla said to me: "Yes, Donald. Heís a beggar. Isnít it too bad? He looks so sad!"

I said, "Youíre right. Heís a beggar, but heís worth about $900 million more than me." She looked at me and said, "What do you mean, Donald? How could he possibly be worth $900 million more than you?"

I said, "Letís assume heís worth nothing (only from the standpoint of dollars)ĖIím worth minus $900 million."

Trump continues, explaining that his empire began "hemorrhaging value" due to federal intervention in the housing market:

My net worth had been in the billions. By the spring of 1990 I was deeply in the red; my empire was hemorrhaging value. When the Supreme Court upheld the retroactivity provisions in 1992, I knew that not only for me, but for my colleagues as well, prospects were grim. Even for the awesome Olympia & York, headed by the powerful Reichmann family, the future looked bleak.

Ö

In 1989, with approximately the same debt, I had a net worth of almost $2 billion, maybe more. By the end of 1990 I had the same debt levels, but I was in the red. The problem: property values had plummeted so dramatically that many of my projects were worthless. In retrospect, it all seems easy to understand. Nevertheless, at the time, it was one of the toughest meetings Iíve ever had.

Finally, Trump details his comeback:

By 1993 I began to feel more like Chavez than like Taylor. My personal debt of $975 million had been reduced to $115 million, and I had two years to finish cleaning it up. There was no way to deny that things were going really great. Piece by piece, deal by deal, a beautiful picture was beginning to emerge. What my people and I had already achieved was astonishing.

The details of Trump's losses in the 90's were right there in Black and White the whole time. Declaring such losses would have been standard practice for any business.
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
violent? puh lease explain how any of my posts has ever advocated violence, let alone in this context?

Of course I take all of my deductions, and if you look at my posts on this issue earlier in the week, you'd see that you and I are in complete agreement on that point. I do not begrudge Trump his deductions -- though the optics of it sure look bad for him.
You posts don't advocate violence but the people you vote with do.....
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
This is what every single deduction/loophole/subsidy/credit does. All of them. Clean energy, corn, cadillac health care, mortgage interest deduction, etc etc.

As noted previously, Trump should've held up his billion dollar loss carry forward 6 months ago and said "look at the crazy loopholes the feds let me get away with. Help me end these!" Pretty sure that'd get bipartisan support, at least among the bernie-crats and the trumpublicans.
He has stock holders. You can not just do that. Interesting thing that billion dollar write off. It was caused by a government law change that was challenged all the way up the Supreme Court. Funny. The government changed the rules that cause the loss, made the changes that allowed the market to overheat and screw us all, made the rules that allowed Trump to take the write off, but the party of more government is pissed as hell at a private citizen who is rolling with the punches provided by the government. Can't make this up.
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
violent? puh lease explain how any of my posts has ever advocated violence, let alone in this context?

Of course I take all of my deductions, and if you look at my posts on this issue earlier in the week, you'd see that you and I are in complete agreement on that point. I do not begrudge Trump his deductions -- though the optics of it sure look bad for him.
Also I agree that if the optics as portrayed are true; then yes, the optics don't look that great to person.
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 2:30 PM Reply   
Surprised you folks are not talking about the outstanding leadership by the democrats on Obamacare and how ol Bill let the cat out of the bag? Now I am reading articles that the architect of Obamacare is trying to blame the Republicans for it's failures because they will not open up the government checkbook to bail out the insurance industry. Unreal...........

Bill Clinton calls Obamacare 'the craziest thing in the world,' later tries to walk it back

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/politi...ing/index.html

ObamaCare’s Meltdown Has Arrived - Wall Street Journal

http://www.wsj.com/articles/obamacar...ved-1475709560


Bill Clinton on Obamacare: 'The craziest thing in the world'

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-06-2016, 2:32 PM Reply   
I don't really like Trump but at least he's not making millions a year and claiming that he's devoted his whole life to serving us tax paying voters and fighting for the poor and middle class.
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
AND ITS DETLA CHIMING IN FROM THE REAR!

Name a single manufactured good we export to Japan? Just name one! .
This is too good...This was not even the intent of my comment yet you had to go on a drunken diatribe against me (again) for some reason and got owned.

Let's just leave this here again so that you know that I saw it after you said it. (thanks psudy)

Top 10 US Exports to Japan

America's exports to Japan amounted to
$62.5 billion or 4.2% of its overall exports.

1. Aircraft, spacecraft: $7.1 billion
2. Medical, technical equipment: $7.1 billion
3. Machinery: $6.5 billion
4. Electronic equipment: $5.2 billion
5. Pharmaceuticals: $3.5 billion
6. Cereals: $3.1 billion
7. Meat: $2.8 billion
8. Organic chemicals: $2.2 billion
9. Plastics: $1.8 billion
10. Oil: $1.8 billion
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
He has stock holders.
Does he? I mean I know The Trump Organization is a corporation and all, but it's not public. To the extent he owes fiduciary duties it's to himself and family members, right?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 3:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Distribute in my example means the "people" have a say in how the money is spent. Do you actually think Republicans and Democrats care what the average citizen thinks? Why should we subsidize farms when people are starving all over the world? It seems the posters on here think conservative means republican and Liberal means Democratic. Imagine this either term could mean independent. Then the conservative or Liberal voter could decide which party or candidate aligned the closest with them.
Robert what does "people" (in quotes) mean? Is it breathing humans of voting age, or something more expansive (i.e. citizens united type definition)?

Your political beliefs are pretty scatterbrained so it's hard to get a handle on what you actually believe, but it sounds like you'd like US farmers to feed the world's hungry? I'm not sure what that really has to do with anything. Plus I'm sure you know that we do indeed provide a lot of food assistance around the world.

Simply put, it sounds like you aren't happy with the constitution and the representative form of government created thereby? Sounds like you want to put budget line items to a public referendum rather than having congress decide matters of taxing and spending as the constitution provides?
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Does he? I mean I know The Trump Organization is a corporation and all, but it's not public. To the extent he owes fiduciary duties it's to himself and family members, right?
I thought about that after posting. It is a private holding company for his investments according to Wiki. I would think if he has invested, he has others he has some responsibility too.

For instance:

Trump Hotel Las Vegas: A joint development with fellow Forbes 400 members, Phil Ruffin, and Jack Wishna. Trump's stake is valued at $162 million.

It still does not change the fact that the whole billion dollar loss issue was caused by government intervention and the write off was another government thought of avenue to shape corporate spending.

So who are people really angry with? The guy who employed many people to figure this out after the government caused it or the government? If you say the government like you should, then would it be wise to vote for less of it?

Last edited by deltahoosier; 10-06-2016 at 3:18 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
I thought about that after posting. It is a private holding company for his investments according to Wiki. I would think if he has invested, he has others he has some responsibility too.

For instance:

Trump Hotel Las Vegas: A joint development with fellow Forbes 400 members, Phil Ruffin, and Jack Wishna. Trump's stake is valued at $162 million.
Each of the properties (especially to the extent it's a joint venture) is going to be in its own entity (typically an LLC for real estate), and The Trump Organization (the mothership) is going to be a direct or indirect investor in that entity (there could be an intermediate subsidiary that holds all hotel assets, for instance). From what I've read, based on facts that are publicly known (not many) Trump is more a licensor of its name than an actual developer. So it licenses the right to use "Trump" on the hotel in exchange for X percent of the deal.

If we assume that that's true, and if we assume that Trump is as shrewd of a business man as he says he is, he's going to significantly limit the scope of his fiduciary duties by contract in the operating agreement for the LLC that owns the project. Unlike corporate fiduciary duties in the public company context, fiduciary duties in a privately held LLC can be significantly curtailed or eliminated altogether by express agreement. Since he only negotiates the most favorable possible deals to himself, we can assume that his fiduciary duties are nonexistent or at worst very weak.

If you listen to what he actually says he's been pretty coy/careful to NOT say anything about a duty to stockholders. He says something like "duty to company, family, employees" (none of which is a technical legally enforceable duty). It's kinda fake near-corporate-speak b.s. that all boils down to "I have a duty to me to make as much money as I can."

Last edited by shawndoggy; 10-06-2016 at 3:28 PM.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-06-2016, 5:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Again you don't read to well. I will post the opening statement the copied text of mine that you used as the talking point of your drunken diatribe against me.



No where in there did I say people should pay their "fair share" (liberal tripe statement) or define what share that anyone should pay into the system. My overall point was about how you can only take so much away from the people to pay for those who don't pay into the system before the system collapses.

So let's talk about legs to stand on......

Is it ethical for Soros and Buffet to short markets to make money? Is it ethical what they do to manipulate markets? Hillary and her Clinton Foundation?

If you actually read about Trumps deal about losing 900 million was actually written about by Trump in a New York Times article in 1997. So much for the democrats finding this hidden mystery. You guys are a joke.

n December of 1997, the Times published the first chapter of Trump's book "The Art Of The Comeback" in which the real estate mogul discusses the financial woes he had experienced during the housing crash of the early 90's and his subsequent comeback.

From the article:

Trump writes:

One day, while walking down Fifth Avenue, hand in hand with Marla, I pointed across the street to a man holding a cup and with a Seeing Eye dog. I asked, "Do you know who that is?"

Marla said to me: "Yes, Donald. Heís a beggar. Isnít it too bad? He looks so sad!"

I said, "Youíre right. Heís a beggar, but heís worth about $900 million more than me." She looked at me and said, "What do you mean, Donald? How could he possibly be worth $900 million more than you?"

I said, "Letís assume heís worth nothing (only from the standpoint of dollars)ĖIím worth minus $900 million."

Trump continues, explaining that his empire began "hemorrhaging value" due to federal intervention in the housing market:

My net worth had been in the billions. By the spring of 1990 I was deeply in the red; my empire was hemorrhaging value. When the Supreme Court upheld the retroactivity provisions in 1992, I knew that not only for me, but for my colleagues as well, prospects were grim. Even for the awesome Olympia & York, headed by the powerful Reichmann family, the future looked bleak.

Ö

In 1989, with approximately the same debt, I had a net worth of almost $2 billion, maybe more. By the end of 1990 I had the same debt levels, but I was in the red. The problem: property values had plummeted so dramatically that many of my projects were worthless. In retrospect, it all seems easy to understand. Nevertheless, at the time, it was one of the toughest meetings Iíve ever had.

Finally, Trump details his comeback:

By 1993 I began to feel more like Chavez than like Taylor. My personal debt of $975 million had been reduced to $115 million, and I had two years to finish cleaning it up. There was no way to deny that things were going really great. Piece by piece, deal by deal, a beautiful picture was beginning to emerge. What my people and I had already achieved was astonishing.

The details of Trump's losses in the 90's were right there in Black and White the whole time. Declaring such losses would have been standard practice for any business.
Given how wrong you are on consistent basis, i'm not reading any of that... haha. It's a safe assumption, its all a waste of time
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-06-2016, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
This is too good...This was not even the intent of my comment yet you had to go on a drunken diatribe against me (again) for some reason and got owned.

Let's just leave this here again so that you know that I saw it after you said it. (thanks psudy)

Top 10 US Exports to Japan

America's exports to Japan amounted to
$62.5 billion or 4.2% of its overall exports.

1. Aircraft, spacecraft: $7.1 billion
2. Medical, technical equipment: $7.1 billion
3. Machinery: $6.5 billion
4. Electronic equipment: $5.2 billion
5. Pharmaceuticals: $3.5 billion
6. Cereals: $3.1 billion
7. Meat: $2.8 billion
8. Organic chemicals: $2.2 billion
9. Plastics: $1.8 billion
10. Oil: $1.8 billion
So wait a minute.... we do have a export base? Then what is your problem with trade? For the record, yes. I was wrong on the above.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:20 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us