Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (kogswell21)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-14-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
Just curious if anyone has used a lab 12 in their boat. If so how does it sound and did you make your own box?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-14-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
that sub is designed for a huge horn loaded box, and you need around 4 of them to get the extension you would want. pretty application specific

there are much better subs for the job
Old     (kogswell21)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-14-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
cool, I had spoken with a salesman and he said they would work great on the boat. He didn't sound too sure.. Thanks Tim..
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-15-2006, 12:25 AM Reply   
Ooops I thought this thread was about a 12 year old Labrador !
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-15-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Yeah- my lab's almost 3 and she's great in the boat!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
Hey, are you talking about an Eminence Lab 12.... I'm assuming you are by the fact that Tim said it's meant to be horn loaded. In that case: THEY ABSOLUTELY POUND. I have two of them in my X2 right now and they hit soo hard it's rediculous. I'd go as far as to say they are better than pretty much anything I've ever heard. My bro used to do development for Eminence and had 4 of them to build into horn loaded enclosures for PA use. After looking at the spec sheet he convinced me they would be killer boat subs. The guys at Neptune Audio did the install for me. They built custom boxes that were small enough that you can't even see my sub on the drivers side. It's behind the kick panel. They are sealed enclosures driven by a Memphis Audio 1200watt mono block. Six ohm drivers in paralell to get a 3 ohm load.

I'm telling you, or wait and see if anyone that's been in my boat posts... They are killer. I actually have the other two still around and I'll never sell them. I want them for my next boat.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-15-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
uuhhh... Yah... You feel it through your whole body, but we never turn them up all the way cause they hit so hard.

AL
Old     (kogswell21)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-17-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Evan do you have specs on the enclosure?