Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-14-2005, 7:00 AM Reply   
Heard a rumor he recently signed with Centurion, Anybody Know.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-14-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
i dont know but that guy has been a real jerk to some of his youngest fans "ill sign your deal if you buy my board" what kinda crap is that to say to a 10 year old!!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-14-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
That's pretty funny, are you sure it's true? I've heard nothing but good things about the guy... Maybe you're getting some outrageous rumors too?

-Blake
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-14-2005, 4:50 PM Reply   
I'm sorry but as much as I don't like his whole pimp image or whatever it is, Ricky has always been the nicest guy in the world. He always has little kids swarming around him & his latest (super hot) lady friend. He never tells them to piss off or to leave him alone. From what I can tell he is a genuinely nice guy. I doubt he'd say something like that unless he was messing with the kid. Besides how many Hyperlite shirts can one GB rider sign?
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
Ryan- I know Ricky and he and his crew have tied up with us at Nacie back in the narrows on several trips and he is just an ordinary person who has been friendly to all of the people I have seen come up and meet him. Then again we all have bad days!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-14-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
Sounds to me like someone is a little jealous of someone else's popularity, and has nothing better to do, but make attempts at ruining that persons reputation.

-Blake

Ryan, that's not pointed at you, I'm talking about the person who told you that.
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-14-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
Get to know Ricky and you'll find out that the guy is super nice. Don't hate the player hate the game.
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-14-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
And yes the last I heard his riding for centurion.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-14-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
Ya, he custom ordered an all white centurion enzo.
Its rad.

Danny T.
www.okcboardshop.com
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-14-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
maybe it was a isolated incident..but he did make such a comment at one of his planned stops at a boat/wakeboard dealership...
Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-14-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
Hung out with him a bit @ Wakestock 04 and he was a great guy. Musta been yankin' your chain.
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-14-2005, 9:32 PM Reply   
Come on...look at the guy...the kids dig him and he digs the kids.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=259&ImageID=31
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-14-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
maybe he was having a bad day...sorry i said anything
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-14-2005, 10:38 PM Reply   
"Don't hate the player hate the game."
You've got to be kidding with that comment.

Hey, really, none of us where there. Everyone can say Ricky G is a cool guy, but does anyone here REALLY know him? Or did you hang out with him for one day so he's an awesome guy??? Maybe he is. But maybe just for one instance he was a Dck! Is it so hard to beleive? Most of the time I'm a nice guy, but sometimes I'm an happens.

And I assure you I'm not "Player hating."
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-15-2005, 6:26 AM Reply   
....its "Playa Hatin'". get with the times J-rod. You are so 1998.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-15-2005, 7:14 AM Reply   
I have known Ricky for years and he has always taken the time and been nothing but gracious to kids. Maybe the statement was taken out of context.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-15-2005, 7:26 AM Reply   
I kinda like his image. Hey he is just being himself. Whats the saying "don't judge a book by its cover". The guy can ride and represents our sport with some integrity. If it is true I think it is a good addition to the team.
Old    martini            07-15-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
I've know RG since late '96...he even had my boat in his driveway in canyon for a summer back in '98 or was it 99? doesn't matter...! i will always give him the benifit of the doubt!It seems every year someone trys to throw him under the bus! ...i have never seen him do anything negative when it comes to fans...maybe if your an x girlfriend you might have some crap to say...i wasn't there to hear what he really said but i highly doubt it was as bad as you say ryan...maybe the kid was rude to ricky first?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-15-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
This is a funny thread. "HATERS" I just got back from the 06 GB catalog shoot and Ricky was in rare form. He has been training hard at Canyon lake and riding well. I have also know Ricky for years and his "Image" has nothing to do with his character. He is a father and a stand up guy. Ricky has taken all the Jr's and regional youth GB riders under his wing and really showed these kids what it takes to make it in this industry. Not to many veterans would have taken the time with these kids like Ricky did.

Wait till you see the new line up for 2006. GB is blowing up!
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-17-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
Ricky has always been great to my family and has always helped kids I know this first hand cause my kid has spent plenty of time with Ricky. He,s a nice guy who works hard on his riding and he is awesome with kids. The kids love him and thats that.
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-19-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
Ricky is one of the nicest guys, I've been friends wth the guy for along time and I've never seen him be mean or rude to any fans especially little kids, dont let the look fool you he's a really nice guy, loves kids and family, so you must of heard wrong, I dont think Ricky would have done that....
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-19-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
Dirty- Any talk of another Big Block SLider Party like the one held last year in central cali?