Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-28-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
I'm planning a trip to visit my son in college, and get some riding in with him.
We hit up Winterpark a couple years ago when we went to check out colleges for him, and would like to try somewhere else.

He has been to Breckinridge and Arapahoe Basin so far this year.

Any other spots that some of you Colorado guys like?

Also how about any mountian bike trails for after the snow melts.
Oh yeah, how close is any wakeboarding to C Springs if he decides to stay for the summer?
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       01-28-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
my buddies that attend the airforce academy by colorado springs always go to arapahoe basin and keystone. They like keystone a lot. sounds like a fun trip
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-29-2009, 5:40 AM Reply   
Try Copper, Steamboat or Vail. I had a blast at Copper earlier this month.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-29-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
I-70's a on weekends. From the Springs I would go to Monarch or better yet Crested Butte.
Much smaller crowds that the I-70 corridor.

Zoomies all go to A bay/Keystone because they get a cheap pass.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! Good tips.
Interesting two of you are from Illinois, and one fro CA, did you used to live there?
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-29-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
I raced for CSU and then lived in Aspen for 10 years. Still have a place there and have 18 days so far.

If your son doesn't have a pass yet, there are some really good deals. The A+ Spring pass @279 is good till June at A Basin and five days at Keystone, Breck and one of which is good at either Vail or BC,+ a day at Silverton. If your there for 3 or more days it probably pays for itself.

That being said, I don't really like the Vail resorts and would go elsewhere if I was paying full price.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-29-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
http://www.arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/tickets/season-passes.aspx

Forgot to post the link:
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-29-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
I have never lived there. Went there for the first time the first week of January. I went with a friend who has spent a lot of time there and he gave me the lowdown.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
Thanks shredhead,

My son did buy a multi area pass in the fall for about $400.00 (mom and I got the credit card bill) hahaha

I lived in Aspen a couple seasons a loooong time ago, and my sister lived there for 26 years, so I visited frequently also.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-30-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
I should have thrown this out there for you as well Chris. Get the best of three worlds:

http://www.powpowplatter.com/index.html?itc=CM_subpromo_right_powpow_121908

Screaming deal for three days of fun.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Thanks STL,

that's a great suggestion!
Old     (scrupulous)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-12-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
I would also suggest Monarch or Crested Butte. Less Crowds, great terrain, better snow IMO, ect, ect. Monarch passes aren't too pricey to begin with. Check with the Holiday Inn in Gunnison, we scored $37/day tix from there for the butte. Not sure what kind of riding you guys like to do, but check into Silverton as well.

(Message edited by scrupulous on February 12, 2009)
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-12-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips Esteban,We'll check those out as well.

Looks like Monarch is the closest to CS, what's it like? When my son and I ride together, we look for mostly back country, bowls, and steeps. And of course pow pow when it's there!

He's in Vail right now, ...and it's snowing, lucky kid!
Old     (scrupulous)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-16-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
The Mirkwood area at Monarch is quite a bit of fun if you are into bowls, chutes, drops, ect. They also have some great snow cat accessed terrain. Of course the snow cats aren't cheap, but great stuff. If you like steeps, trees, and technical terrain, the "North Face" area at Crested Butte is right up your alley. Silverton is all about pow, chutes, steeps, and bowls. Have Fun!
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-23-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
hey chris, i live in colorado springs. i go to copper 2 times a week. i love copper. brech is way to over crowded.

and i also go wakeboarding at pueblo. denver has some great lakes too. i go with a guy to pueblo and i also met some guys in denver who go quite a bit
Old     (madriding1)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-20-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Torey hit us up sometime.. we are down at pueblo every weekend..