Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
I bought a Monster Tower about three years ago and have been very happy with it. However, recently the four main bolts won't stay tight through a run of boarding and I think it is time to replace the bolts and nylock washers. Has anyone had these issues? I have looked all around Knoxville for replacements, but can't find them and I have emailed Monster and called and left a VM, but have not gotten a response. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
You should get a product called loctite 609. put it into the threads of the bolt and screw on the nut. let it sit for 24 hours and you are good to go
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
John, did you make sure to put in the four expanding bolts as well (two on each top corner of back hoop). I was getting some sway and wiggle from my tower so I called Monster to see about what I could do, apparently the installer never drilled through the pilot holes to set the expanding bolts in there. Monster sent me a set of them since they are such a great company; but I would think that with those, there would be no reason for the bolts to back off.
Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
The four expanding bolts have been in since day one of use. We have used the tower for three seasons now without any problems. Now, even during a set it can become so loose as to sway 2-3 inches on a jump and the bolts are loose.
Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-01-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
Just wanted to update the post - Monster Tower is shipping the bolts today. As always, great customer service. Hopefully this will cure the problem.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-01-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
Monster tower is freaking amazing with their customer service. they will bend over backwards for their customers