Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-23-2004, 7:32 AM Reply   
im just wonerin if anyone has road the fish by LF. we havnt got em in yet and i really want to check this board out..ridin ten cm shorter an inch wider, i would like to know how it performs..thnx
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       09-23-2004, 5:20 PM Reply   
I tried it out, but the water conditions weren't the greatest. Even so, I really liked it. It has very explosive pop! I figured ahead of time that the landings would be a bit hard, but I was surprised how soft they were. I rode the 129, but the 133 would probably be a better choice for me (6'2" and 200lbs.). It's tough to get a good feel of a board with a really different shape when riding it once in choppy water, but my first impression is that it's a winner. It's an excellent spinner. If you're looking to learn spins, the Fish should be at the top of your list. Next spring, I'll definitely be trying the Fish again a few times head to head with the Subjekt. With just the molded fins, it rides pretty loose. It doesn't track overly aggressive with the bolt on fins on, though- it felt pretty good.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    sbvfive            09-23-2004, 8:49 PM Reply   
Mike, I talked with bruce at liquid force at expo, and he said that jimmy designed the board to be ridden with the bolt on fins all the time. He said that if you ride it finless, the water doesn't release off the tail right and messes up the tracking, and doesn't perform the way it is intended too. I guess you could ride it with just the molded, but its just what I heard.....

do you guys have any on order for the website??
Old    alanp            09-26-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
hey what is the pricing on these? i thought, for some reason they were going to be relatively cheap(or maybe it was the roam) i saw it listed for over 400 bucks. seems like alot to ask of someone if it isnt even their main board.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-26-2004, 7:58 PM Reply   
yea alan, i agree. The board is selling for like $439 on buywake.com...$40 more than the substance or any of the other pro models. Unless this thing helps me land a 720, I dont want to waste another $400 on a board I am only going to ride 10% of the time.