Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-28-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
Has anyone had any issues with their binding spacers bending up? I bought them when I bought my bindings because I have Ones on a Sub6. The set up is sick, but w/o the spacers my stance is way to close. The right spacer is bending up and not grabbing the teeth on the mount. I have been putting peices of rubber in the back side to make it grab, but there has to be somthing better than that. Do I just need to give up on my board or is there another way?, because the spacers suck.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       09-28-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
sorry off topic, I didn't even know that there were spacers for older boards..i just got the Ones and found out they didnt fit my wide setting on my older transcend...are those even worth getting? sounds a lil dangerous since they tend to bend and may come off while riding? I'm planning on getting a new board anyway..may be your best bet also...
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-28-2011, 8:14 AM Reply   
Yes, I rode the new Ronix boots on a 2008 CSV1 all of 2009 and it was terrible. The spacers only last a bit before they start to bend and slip.

It was only meant to be a temporary fix. Sorry, but it is time for a new ride.

I know someone who still rides the spacers. He got his hands on two spare ronix-toothed washers and off the line of the inserts (beside the spacers), drilled a hole in the board ans set a screw to help support the spacer. That is all that I have seen that works.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2011, 8:18 AM Reply   
For any boot size larger than 8 they will bend. Unfortunately like he said, this is a sad fact of getting new bindings, or, a new board that has the sliding stance whatever it's called like Slingshot
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-28-2011, 10:07 AM Reply   
That sucks I love my board, well does that mean I buy the One board?. Any other boards I should consider? Im pretty impressed with the boots, so im really diggin Ronix. If I did go with the One, what did they change in 12? Should I go with the 11 and save some cash?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-28-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
2012 District with the Sintered base is a good option. New for around $300.

I have been riding it for a few months and really like the combination of snap off the wake and toughness on rails.
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-28-2011, 11:48 AM Reply   
After a little research I might have to rock a time bomb, sounds pretty sick. It might look a litttle weird with my black and yellow ones but.......
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       09-28-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
If you like the Sub6 but want a Ronix, then you should really look at the Viva. It is the closest to the Sub 6.
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-30-2011, 2:11 AM Reply   
Yeah, I here the viva is a solid board, but I have been thinking of going 3 stage. Im trying to keep all the hype to the side but, the board description might as well have said " you should buy this board right now!" I guess the only question is do I buy it now and stare at it all winter, or do I wait til spring.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-30-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNRIDER View Post
Yeah, I here the viva is a solid board, but I have been thinking of going 3 stage. Im trying to keep all the hype to the side but, the board description might as well have said " you should buy this board right now!" I guess the only question is do I buy it now and stare at it all winter, or do I wait til spring.
If you wait until the 2012 stuff is released in the stores, you should be able to get some good prices on 2011 gear.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-30-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
Yup, the spacers can bend. I had a pair on my 2009 Cells and after a dozen or so bad lock n' load crashes, they definitely were not the same shape and clearly contributed to additonal base place warpage