Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-17-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
This could be alot of fun for some of you guys to check out. I mess around the surf league but Im going to do the wake league this season to see how savy I really am.

http://www.fantasyactionsportsleague.com/wake
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-17-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
Only 5 days till the first stop!

Everyone should make a team. Its free and you can win stuff. You can also join the premium league and win 1,000 bucks! This could really big deal for wakeboarding this year. Check it out! Pick your favorite riders and get them on your team. And win!

Last edited by ghettofab; 05-17-2010 at 8:25 AM.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-17-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Its legit! http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latest...tasy-game.html
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-17-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quit signing up 90% of the way through the Free one. I don't find any reason to give virtually all my information outside of a SS# for a chance at a prize pack. Call me negative nancy.....
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-17-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
I did it last year and the moto leagues this year. Its legit, for sure. This years going to be rough though with all the youngins moving up. Plus the salary cap on the game is crazy....makes you really stratigize your team. Check it out for sure.
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-17-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Someone needs to correct their lineups! At least get Bob on there.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-17-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
Shawn Watson, Chad Sharpe, Brian grubb all play too.
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-17-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
Yeah, WHERE'S BOB?
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-17-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
where is bob thats the question. I think their hopefully working on the line up...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-17-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
this is what they told me

To eliminate opinion based Values, we base Values on real world stats - in this case - last years results. If we were to add Bob now, so as to not upset the real world ratings, we would put him in the last spot Valued at 1 Mill. Everyone would put them on their team.

For Event 2, we combine the results of the 1st event and last years rankings to come up with a new Value for each rider for the Event. This gives the Rookies a real world Value and they still come in at a good value based on not having a ranking last year - but not at 1 Mill where everyone would grab them.

We did this for Moto with positive results. Ryan Dungey was not available for the 1st event. He finished 2nd and came in Valued in the Top 10 for event 2 - which put him at a Value that was a tougher decision than picking him up at 1 Mill.

And as far as some of the guys not riding - that gives you an advantage by knowing that and that is exactly how fantasy sports work. You should have an advantage by being in the know.

Hope that all makes sense
Old     (bridges)      Join Date: May 2010       05-17-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
were can we check to see who is riding in events and who is not?
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-17-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
thanks hairbandude! that makes alot of sense. I thought that might be the reason for no Bob.

Bridges. I think the best way is just to do a little research.
Old     (bridges)      Join Date: May 2010       05-17-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
o ok i just thought there might be a site that shows which riders will be riding in the event and who wont be. but ok thanks.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-17-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
you can check out my blogs on the front page of the wake fantasy league for some tips ill be giving through out the season. Cant give away too much though