Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-16-2012, 8:24 PM Reply   
I need a new work watch. I have been wearing a Timex Ironman Triathlon watch for the last 9 or 10 years and it finally gave up.
I am looking for a replacement in the $40-$75 range with the following:

-water resistant
-good back light
-super durable
-stop watch
-ability to put a Velcro band on

Any ideas, or just get another Timex???
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-17-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
I realize this is a bit more ($150 range), but I have a Luminox 0201 that I have been wearing to work for the last year. Its been really comfortable and solid. It doesn't have a stop watch but they do have versions that do. Some of the new Swiss Army original chronograph's look nice too (same price range). Just a thought, sorry if it doesn't help.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-17-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
Thanks, $150 is a bit more than I want to spend. I'm a carpenter and I am hard on watches (cell phones too). The Timex seems to hold up the best, so I might just have to get another one. I would be bummed if I smashed a $150 watch. I like the looks of some of the Smith and Wesson watches but the reviews aren't that great.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Here you go! Deal of the day. An Invicta for 50 bucks. It's not bad looking either.

http://www.jomadeals.com/?utm_medium...mpaign=2189285
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-19-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
check out shopnbc.com or worldofwatches.com

Super great deals and large selection. I have way to many watches but most are under $300 and no one would know the difference because they retail so much higher.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
If you really want a nice watch that watch lovers will appreciate, there's a uBoat on sale right now for 799.00. I've dreamed of having a uBoat for year. I think this is my opportunity. http://www.jomadeals.com/handbag/?ut...mpaign=2189285
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       07-19-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
What is a uBoat? I am a watch guy and have never heard of one. I will check it out. I jump between a couple dive watches but my current favorite is a Breitling Super Ocean with a blue face- love the size of the watch and the band. Bang per buck I'd probably go Timex.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
uBoat is a high end Italian watch. Similar to a Panerai in looks, but more rare. The newer models range between 4,000 and 10,000 usually. To put one on your wrist for 3 figures is a bargain.

TW Steel also make very attractive watches with italian styling for very affordable pricing.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
Here's a classic style uBoat
Attached Images

Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       07-19-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
It is a nice looking watch but for that kind of money I want an automatic movement. I tried on a Panerai years ago and thought it would be a flash in the pan but it was cool looking. I love the newer Rolex Submariners or whatever they are called now with the bigger case. I have one with the smaller case I bought in 2000 but it honestly feels tiny on my wrist after wearing this Breitling around. I have got hooked on it. I only buy a watch every 10 years or so but I love watches.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
The one above is $3300. I think that's quite a bit cheaper than what Pans and Rolis are going for nowadays.

But I hear ya. The quartz movement is less desirable.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-20-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
What is a uBoat? I am a watch guy and have never heard of one. I will check it out. I jump between a couple dive watches but my current favorite is a Breitling Super Ocean with a blue face- love the size of the watch and the band. Bang per buck I'd probably go Timex.
Rob,
I hear you on the Super Ocean. I love mine.
Attached Images

Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-20-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
That uBoat looks really nice. The next 3 watches on my list are an everyday Breitling Colt with a canvas or rubber band, Swiss Army Alpnach, and a Chronoswiss Pacific. I apparently have sickness.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
As far as nicer watches go, this is what I have.

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/se...23110396102001

Since I started this thread I picked up another Timex Iron Man. You can't beat the price and I hammer my watches at work.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-20-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
Oris Williams F1 2008 here

OP should get a gshock