Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-07-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
I see how far back everyone is wakesurfing and i wanna know how i can do that on my boat. I have an 05 VlX. I usually put the wedge down, fill all four sacs and i also put 240 lbs of cement in the back and im still pretty close. Can any one give me some advice.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-07-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
this should be in the wakesurfing section
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-07-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
i Say empty teh non-surf side sac, move put up the wedge, and get some more weight forward. rear weight it good and helps make the wake steep, but front weight gets teh nose down and gives you a longer surfable area
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-07-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
Don't fill all 4 sacs, only the riding side, half middle and use front to clean up the wake. Throw the concrete on the riding side.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       04-07-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
hey dave. go over to wake outlaws. they have detailed set ups. i have an 07 and ballast as follows.

midship full
surf side rear tank full/ 750 on top of that.
375 under the surf side seats and another 375 on top of the seats.
and last but not least i run a 400 up in the bow on the surf side. also with the wedge try running it at around 10 oclock.