Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-19-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
I'll call Sidewayz and ask Ronn if he'll send me a copy of his W2 from last year! I doubt he's making the billions of dollars the record companies and studio's are pulling in for his work. The record company's also make billions. Now with these wakeboard video's these guys try and make in their back yard to bring us some type of entertainment in the sport, you'd think you'd try and support what they do and keep it alive. Keep in mind, these guys don't get a studio budget to start off with. Most expenses come right out of pocket in hopes you'll like what they have produced and BUY it out right so they can make a FEW bucks back and keep making the videos. While Kazaa may be fine for the music you love to listen to as there are billions of people who have that music, I doubt you can compare it the number of copies sold for wakeboard DVD's. Support the sport! NEXT TOPIC??
Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-21-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
I don't even download music, its stealing dude. May not get arrested, but its still wrong.... bet u got more imput then u expected :-p there isn't enough money in wakeboarding to give out free vids.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-21-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
You got that right Rebecca!

Ponch:

Just remember if you get caught stealing a car or robbing a bank to tell the cops "well everyone's downloading music illegally why are you arresting me for this?" I'm sure they'll understand!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-21-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
Go to http://www.totalvid.com if you want to download videos legally. Don't try to tell me that $3.99 is too much to pay for a wakeboard video.
Old    ag4ever            01-21-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
Hey, I spent thousands of dollars on a godd audio system, so I am supporting the record industry, and that gives me the right to download free music, right?

That is the same argument y'all are using with the buying equipment and getting free videos.

BTW, just buying a board, bindings, rope, and handle is not laying out major cash. Try that boat you need to ride behind. I think most of the stealers are the same people that bumm rides, throw a couple of bucks at you for gas, and want to ride again.

Sorry this is a rich man's sport, and if you need to steal to play, get a new sport.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-21-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
if you're such a rich man why do you need more than a few dollars for a bummed ride?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-21-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
Chris: If I didn't know you better I'd swear you've turned into a liberal commie! (grin)
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-21-2004, 6:06 PM Reply   
hehe :-)
Old    ontrider            01-21-2004, 6:16 PM Reply   
"Don't try to tell me that $3.99 is too much to pay for a wakeboard video."

Depends on the quality... and I'd rather have the dvd anyway.
Old    ag4ever            01-21-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
I am not a rich man, but I am also not a cheap b-tard.

BTW, I have worked for everything I own, and don't look to highly upon those that just want to take what they want for free.

If you want to watch people boarding, just watch the vortec power hour. You will get your "free" video then, just dont steal it from those that are doing you the favor of making it in the first place. Besides, who the heck wants to watch a video, just go out and get some water time.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-22-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
I can't afford it, so I'm going to steal it (because I deserve it??)

I love it!!

SANTE here I come!!!!
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-22-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
SO is it stealing if I borrow my friends copy of a Movie and tape it? It's for my private use? I buy a lot of wake dvd's....but I also copy some from friends....some just suck and aren't worth the money.
Old    ag4ever            01-22-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
That sounds like a great way to preview movies. I totally agree with the some just suck, and are not worth my time watching them let along shelling out some hard earned cash for them, but that still does not make it right to steal them. If you borrow a vid from a friend to watch, and then return it, no it is not stealing. If you borrow a copy to make your own copy, yes that is stealing. If you own a copy, and make a copy to keep in your library because you watch it so much you are afraid it might get damaged, that is not stealing.

I have a couple of airchair videos, and they both look cheap, and not worth the $30 I spent on them, but I just wanted all I could get on the chair at the time, and stealing the video was not an option. Did I feel ripped off, yes. Do I think that justifies me uploading them so others can get it for free, no.
Old    ag4ever            01-22-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
That sounds like a great way to preview movies. I totally agree with the some just suck, and are not worth my time watching them let along shelling out some hard earned cash for them, but that still does not make it right to steal them. If you borrow a vid from a friend to watch, and then return it, no it is not stealing. If you borrow a copy to make your own copy, yes that is stealing. If you own a copy, and make a copy to keep in your library because you watch it so much you are afraid it might get damaged, that is not stealing.

I have a couple of airchair videos, and they both look cheap, and not worth the $30 I spent on them, but I just wanted all I could get on the chair at the time, and stealing the video was not an option. Did I feel ripped off, yes. Do I think that justifies me uploading them so others can get it for free, no.
Old    zephlor            01-22-2004, 9:26 PM Reply   
I think totalvid.com is the way to go. Noone should mind paying a couple bucks to preview. If the vids are good then they will still sell. I personally don't download them because the quality sucks and takes away from the vid. I'd rather pay and have it at DVD quality. I can tell you that I won't buy any of them without some kind of preview since we all know that many of them aren't worth the price.