Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeboard247)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-16-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
I'm currently an ex-pat living and working in Spain. I'm heading to Thailand in a few weeks for a month and am thinking about doing some wakeboarding while i'm down there (Since its not a sport which is easily available out here). Was wondering if anyone has done any camps or riding in Thailand and if anyone has any recommendations.
Cheers
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-17-2011, 1:41 AM Reply   
this is where u need to go dude, awesome park, awesome riders

http://www.thaiwakepark.com/
Old     (dorK)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-17-2011, 4:29 AM Reply   
Also check out www.wake-a-lot.com , Pretty sure they have just put a cable in. Might do a day trip from pattaya next week
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-17-2011, 11:41 PM Reply   
total entertainment wakeboarding.
Nice small lake at about 45 minutes drive from bankok.
No nightlife at all,but good thaifood.
We went the next day,it felt like the where not running any ballast at all,...untill the coaches ride them selves.

overall nice spot.
Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-18-2011, 3:27 PM Reply   
I was wondering why there's so many wakeboard camps in Thailand. Never thought about getting a few sets in over there before. I will try it next time. Since I'm visiting Vietnam this summer I just did a Google search but didn't come up with much wakeboarding camps in that country.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-19-2011, 6:21 PM Reply   
http://www.maxouthydrosports.com/ Ryan Lee is the man! If you're in his neck of the woods you should hook up with him!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-19-2011, 8:05 PM Reply   
Maxout Hydrosports is awesome but its in Singapore (my hometown)

Thailand has some of the best riders in the world

Bomb (Padiwat Jaemjan), Aey, Lota, Aum, Didi. I realise these aren't names most will recognize but they have been ripping for years

And of course Daniel Grant, absolutely the most promising young wakeboarder/wakeskater in the world right now. Kid just landed a bunch of BS315's yesterday...
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-20-2011, 1:15 PM Reply   
2nd for thai wake park... really nice setup there. Phuket cable ski was pretty good too, it was so quiet when I was there I never had to wait in line.

But either place.. bring your board / helmet / vest if you can. The gear was pretty weak and at thai wake they charge extra on the board rental if you hit sliders or not. I swear the board I used there weighted 10 lbs it was so waterlogged ..