Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (bradcraig78)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
I have already emailed Tim at wetsounds regarding this problem but they are closed till Monday. Below is the email I sent and was wanting to know if others have had semilar issues? Is this as simple as a lose wire in the internal wiring harness:

"I purchased all new wetsound speakers for my boat last season (tower and cabin) and they rocked. After the last day out I pulled my Pro 80's down and stored them inside my house so no one would steal them. Today was my first day going back out and when I hooked up the pro 80's one of the speakers only seams to be playing the horn, no mid bass. When you touch the outer speaker you can't feel it vibrate and only sound coming from horn. I disconnected and switched it with the other one to see if it was a wiring problem and found out it was not. What do you think is the problem? All help would be greatly appreciated."
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-21-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
Brad,

One of two things.

You blew the mid bass driver. Since this is a Pro-Axial driver, there is 2 drivers. A mid bass driver and a compression driver. So you can blow one of them and the other will still play.

Or

The speaker connector from the crossover to the mid bass driver may have come undone.

So you can pull the driver and see if it is connected. If it is and still nothing.

Call Gyver on monday 877-938-7757 about sending the driver in and getting it repaired.

Thanks,

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (bradcraig78)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Thanks for the quick reply. I will take a look.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-21-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
Brad, not to worry because I had the same problem straight from the factory. Tim and Gyver hooked me up and got me rocking again! They will hook you up just be patient
Chris
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-21-2009, 5:07 PM Reply   
I'd check the connection from the crossover to the midbass driver like Tim said. Also while you've got the speaker out, check the impedance of the midbass to see if it's 4 ohms. If the speaker is blown then it should show a dead short.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-21-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
^^^ Or open.
Old     (bradcraig78)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-30-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
Update: I sent my speaker in on the 24th and it was sitting on my front porch when I got home today. Hooked it up and it sounds great. Thanks to Tim and John for great customer support. Can't say enough, this is why I purchased Wetsound products, great equipment and great customer support.