Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-06-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried them?
I never see anyone talking about them on the board. Curious how the 5'0" Outlaw rides?
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-09-2007, 11:42 PM Reply   
yo. the 5'0 outlaw works pretty good. thats what i got 2nd place in tulloch on, but i worked with the shaper to get my own board made and basicly it came out insaneee. fast light, unique and it works well for everything. its a 4'10" diamond nose bat tail with a single to double concave, available with a thruseter quad, or 5 fin setup for adjusting to different styles and wakes, has grab rails for strength, chined rails for speed, and its all around an amizing board. this is the js model.
Old    surfdad            08-10-2007, 5:24 AM Reply   
Picture of Johnny (behind the blue Comp X) from the podium at Tulloch. Johnny, the new Johnny Stieg signature model sounds like it'll rip. Is it available yet? If so, where and if NOT, when does the manufacturer expect it to be avilable.

Upload
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-10-2007, 6:33 AM Reply   
Why isn't the board he rode and placed on in front of him? doesn't make much sense.
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
Looks like he won that one for taking 2nd.
Old    surfdad            08-10-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
Yep Loc's right, if you look at Jaime Lovett he has the Calibrated he rode at the event behind the prize board he won.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-10-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
aww I see.

Just wondering because I know that sponsors usually get bummed when they invest into a rider and see them in pictures with another board. Not saying that's the case here (because I see Jaime with his Calibrated) I just found it a little odd.
Old    surfdad            08-10-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
To be honest Sean, Johnny may have had his board up there and I just posted the only picture I could find! My apologogies to any sponsors if I posted an inapproiate or less than appropriate photo.
Old    mobster            08-10-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
That was a long day ,He was stoked to make the podium not everyone keeps their ride with them, he did not have the bat wing at this contest you can see the board he was riding in the tulloch 1 video johnny pulled a benny Hani free surfing he is a great skater plus a great person , plus a MoB team rider
Old    mobster            08-10-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
here are some Frame Grabs From the Morro Bay grinch Tour Johnny was a big help on this day
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
yea about the contest it is atucally a really long story. we were all really tired and i didnt expect to podium and didnt have the board i rode and it wasnt even my personal board and it didnt have my other sponsors on it and so forth. but thats old news. the board is available. you can order one from www.thewakesurfshop.com thats the only place online i know of you can order it or you can email new wave vehicals, and get one set up. its available in whatever size you want. we just finished the board and did a lot of R&D and it came out good.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-15-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Hey Johnny

I don't see your board on the wakesurfshop website. Is that it pictured above?
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
ya there arent any pics up yet, but its available you just have to contact mike. im sure he will get pics up soon. thats teh board above. we narrowed out the tail some on the newest version. ill see if i can get some pics of mine up