Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
can you wakeskate on a wakeboard with no bindings?

Fins or no fins?

I am just wondering b/c i am new to the sport and don't want to waste my money if i don't like it! So i was wondering if i could use my old wakeboard!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-01-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
you could, but you would need to provide some form of traction on it. When I first tried wakeskating, i just used my first wakeboard (which was what everyone did, since at the time wakeskate specific boards didn't exist). I didn't wax it or have pads, so the fun was limited to lipslides and riding the nose.

fins and no fins is a preference thing. I love fins, so i ride with them on.

Truthfully though, unless you're going to mod this board into a make shift wakeskate...I dont think you'll really get the full effect. To have a proper board, like a flat deck at the very least, would be nice in that you'll have a better feel for what you're dealing with, like ollieing, shuving and whatever else.
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-01-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
could i make one?

that is a temperary one!

(Message edited by wakekid72501 on July 01, 2007)
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-01-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
i think i am getting ready to buy one once i get my birthday money does any one know the best one under $100 and any where you can get one in Arkansas?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       07-02-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Any wakeskate under 100.00 is going to be a flat deck. I don't know of any shops in arkansas, but I bet if you did a web search you could find one.

but I do think that buying an actual board is the best way to really experience wakeskating, instead of just using an old wakeboard. So much more is possible on a real wakeskate...

but if you're talking about making a tempory wakeskate from a wakeboard, you could just take your bindings off and put surf wax on it. That might make it messy, but it's pretty much your only option at this point, unless you design your own removable traction system (which I always wanted to do but never did...I thought it'd be cheaper than buying pads).

good luck and have fun!
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-03-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
Thats the way I learned wake to wake and shuvs back in 98 on my obrien evil twin 137, I had never even seen wakeskating before, I was bored on the houseboat and gave it a try, I didnt ride a real wakeskate until 2003, now thats all I do. No griptape, just shoes on a wakeboard, on a 1992 four winns 200 horizon with a monkeybar and 15 year old balls out style.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-03-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
Justin,

Diamond Lakes Water Sports in malvern sells LF wakeskates, they also have GREAT customer service.

they could also probably cut you a great deal ona new skate

501-467-3555 is their number, give them a ring, and tell them caleb rountree sent you