Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (tippmancus98)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
hey guys im new to this fourm and New to wakeboarding. I am interested in a 23 LSV Wakesetter Monsoon 340 hp motor w/ ETX CAT exhaust
Sony Stereo, MP3 player
4 Skylon tower speakers w/ Sub and Amp
Pro Speed Control
Flip Bolster driver’s seat
Bimini shade cover
boat cover
pop up bow light
pull up cleats
pair of board racks
stainless cup holders
4 ballast tanks
power Wedge
2nd battery with Perko switch
Transom Stereo remote
Tandem axle Extreme trailer with spare tire, swing tongue, oil bath hubs

the price i was given was 68,386 OTD was that a good price for this time a year since the 08 are coming out soon!
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
Hey dude trust me unless your rich you don't need that caliber of boat if your just starting out. I'm being brutally honest here, and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but if you roll with that kind of boat while brand new to the sport, guys might think your a poser. Seriously look at used boats you can find insane wakeboats for like 30-40K.
Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
Lose the oil bath hubs on the trailer.. Everyone I know that has had them has had nothing but problems with them. Incidentally they were all extreme trailers with oil baths as well.

RD
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-01-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
no problems on my MC trailer...also oil bath hubs.

I don't know about being a poser just b/c you want something nice.Just make sure you know how to load and unload your boat.
Old     (jamieb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-01-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding ability and quality of boat have nothing to do with each other. You can be an awesome rider and ride behind a cheaper boat, or you can be a total newbie behind a brand new x-star (or your boat of choice). The whole point is having fun, right? If he likes the boat, and he can afford it, then why not get it? Its not like the boat is too good for him. Do you think he somehow has to "pay his dues" riding behind a less expensive boat to become a part of the Cool Wakeboarders Club?

And yes, I do say this because I have a brand new VTX and cant land squat. If that makes me a poser, then at least I'm having a blast being a poser.

That price for that boat isn't terrible, considering it comes with most of the goodies. You could maybe get it closer to 65k, but its in the ballpark.
Old     (jamieb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-01-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
(revving engine) "Why won't this thing get off the trailer... BACK IT IN A LITLLE MORE!"

"OH WAIT, STRAPS! Lets pull it back out"

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-01-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
If your looking for a new boat check out http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/455609.html?1180670621 for some info on a really nice boat. A little cheaper than you looking at.

Jamie ~~ You have to start somewhere.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
Hey dude trust me unless your rich you don't need that caliber of boat if your just starting out. I'm being brutally honest here, and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but if you roll with that kind of boat while brand new to the sport, guys might think your a poser. Seriously look at used boats you can find insane wakeboats for like 30-40K

------------------------------------------------
Does that mean that every porsche owner who is not tracking their cars every weekend is considered a poser? Or if you own a street bike and your not racing AMA your considered a poser?

Let the guy spend his money on anything he wants. He didnt ask what boat to get, hes asking about price on a boat that he likes...

Also, I take it with a name like LesPaul you are on tour as a backup guitarist for Page and Plant, or opening for Satriani?

(Message edited by extremeisaac on June 01, 2007)
Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
According to this info I am a huge Poser. I am going to have the first 2008 Mastercraft X-45 in Northern Cali...and I am new to the sport.

I think this is a great price for a boat man. And if you like malibu then go for it.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
Good choice on the X-45 over the X-80. At least you'll be able to tow it without a lead car and a chase vehicle.
Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-01-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
"According to this info I am a huge Poser. I am going to have the first 2008 Mastercraft X-45 in Northern Cali...and I am new to the sport. "

What happened to the X-80? Or did I over-medicate again?

I worried for a second that I might be considered a poser when I got my new boat--then I remembered I couldn't give less of a crap what anyone thinks. Besides, when you have a new boat more people want to ride with you and you'll learn faster.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-01-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
There is an 06 for sale with 25 hours over at themalibucrew.com that could probably be had for about 10k less.
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
Hey guys i want to apologize for making that poser comment I'm sorry that i offended you guys and I feel really low. Hope you guys forgive me. I'm just jealous cuz i couldn't ever afford anything that nice lol. Once again I am sincerely sorry and I hope you guys forgive me.
Old     (3domfighter)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-01-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
What a guy! Forgiven on my end.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-01-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
josh, i ditto the comment to brad.

thanks for cooling out brad.

i am not by any means a great boarder. but i love my ride and it is great to help the my kids grow with the sport.
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
thanks you guys for forgiving me. I really felt bad and if no one forgave me i would have dwelled on it for a long time.
Old     (jmiahhenry)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
I knew the poser comment was not serious. And I was laughing back. I thought I told everyone that I was going with the 45 not the 80 because the wake is better on the 45...the 80 is a nice boat though.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-03-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
25 hours on an '06? If you look into buying that one, make sure it was stored some place safe. All that sitting around is never good for a boat. I've literally put 25 hours on my boat since Thursday.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-03-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
25 hours is barely broken in
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-03-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Here it is, nothing wrong with the boat he just never used it. http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=1243797
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-03-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
I understand what Brad is talking about. I wouldn't have used the term poser, but I think it is good that we offer someone new to the sport different options. I was new the sport at once, and thought any inboard boat would created a good wake. We ended up buying a brand new malibu response. The wake is pretty good, but we could have gotten something a little more wakeboard friendly for the same price. Wish I would have had someone to tell me I didn't need a new boat to get good. But also, let the guy spend what he wants to spend. If he wants a party boat to show off to his friends, a new wakesetter lsv will do just that.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-03-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
Brad,

you got raked over the coals for something that was a great point. Go back and read his original comment. he said "guys might think your a poser", he didn't call the guy a poser. I think that is some helpful info. Many people look at your boat and think that you should be able to do certain tricks in order to justify the boat you are behind. That doesn't mean they are right, or that you should make your purchase based on that, but it might be handy to know you may catch some flack for that. In reality who cares though, people who rip it up usually are not the ones bagging on people who are not as good. Buy your boat, have fun, and if someone rips on your ability, and I do not think that brad was doing that, tell them to kiss your a$$.