Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-16-2004, 6:31 PM Reply   
Hey guys I finally got around to painting my box and I'm happy with the results, but I'm not sure it fits with the styling of my boat which is an 02' Super Air. I like the tribal flames, but I'm thinking its a little out of place. Probably would have looked better on a malibu because of the tribal logo they use. What do you guys think? Keep it or repaint it?

Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-16-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
I like it! I say keep it.
If you didn't like the flame idea then you wouldn't have put them on.
Actually, the "Flame" characteristic is somewhat subtle IMO.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-17-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
It looks good. I really like the air logo in there might have to try something like that with mine.
Old    rmarion            09-17-2004, 4:58 PM Reply   
Paul

I think it looks sweet.......... and the colors match as well. Good Job!
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-17-2004, 5:14 PM Reply   
I too think it looks pretty sick.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-20-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
That box looked ok on the boat, but it will prob only stay up their for a month or less. What is this like the 5th or 6th one that has been on the tower.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       09-20-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
Looks good. Yes the tribal is a bit different on a SAN… but is should still look good… get some pics when you put it on.

Do you have a pic from the other side that shows the clamps mounted with out the speakers installed yet? Does the box have any sort of reinforcement to secure the clamps? Can you pretty much drill and mount them at any width or are you restricted to where the clamps are attached?
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-20-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Thats funny you should say that Jeff because I have the box installed, but I just haven't had the time to put the speakers in. I just used a washer to reinforce it. There is no need to add more reinforcement because it is pretty thick fiberglass and I know it would take a lot to even crack the box. You can pretty much mount it anywhere if you wanted but I like the saying, "Wider is better." I'll see if I can get some pics.

Squid you know me too well. And I have lost track of how many different configurations I have had on my tower.