Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (vigzz)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-04-2007, 6:12 AM Reply   
i was wondering what is better, the lsv 23 or the vlx 21?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-04-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
It totally depends on what you want. They are both better for different reasons. Unless you have a really deep garage you won't park the LSV in it, that's why I got the VLX. Neither boat is really better then the other. The VLX wake stock is a little bigger than the LSV, but that's easily taken care of with a little extra weight.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2007, 1:48 AM Reply   
get the 21, i have an 07 vlx and the wake is the best, i have ridden behind both boats alot and the 21 had the most pop over any other malibu.
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
I have had 3 LSVs (03, 04, 06) and my 2nd VLX (07, 08) will be here in a couple weeks. Per my son, the VLX wake is a definitely better than the LSV. But, he has no problem with either. Remember, its not all about the wake. Technique will get you further than the perfect wake.

I couple things to consider... My 04 LSV was a HH with manual wedge, the 2nd was an 8.1 with power wedge. Out of those 2 the 8.1 had a better wake. The 8.1 added weight and I'm sure the power wedge helped. The VLX had a better wake stock than either one of my LSVs. Put, 8 people in the VLX and pull up the wedge and the wake is sick.

The boats drive and handle pretty close to the same. I do experience more bow rise with my VLX. But, you get used to it. They both handle chop and rough water pretty good. I really thought I would regret moving down in size to the VLX. Haven't yet!

If you go with the VLX the Monsoon is a decent choice at my altitude (<400). My fuel economy was great. When loading the boat down with people I sometimes wished I had a little more power. I was running the stock prop though. I did go up to the HH in the 08. I hope the fuel economy of the HH with new ETX/CATs is ok!!!

If you go with the LSV I think the Monsoon a little small unless you are riding with a small crew all the time (then why get the LSV). And, even more of a problem at higher altitudes. If you regularly ride with a large crew then go 8.1. Or, at lease the HH. You won’t regret the extra power. I once carried 16 in my LSV and the 8.1 had no problem.

Before someone chimes on my motor thoughts. You can always put a 1248(?) on the Monsoon and get the low-end you need but loose top.

Get the boat that best suits your needs. The nice things is they are both Malibus!!!

Hope this helps!

(Message edited by larrys on August 06, 2007)
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-06-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
my lsv with 3000 pounds in it is the sickest wake on my lake
Old     (vigzz)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
chase where did you weight your boat, i just got the 1200lbs bow sac and have mls+wedge and also have two fat buddies and one fat boy. Where should i weight it
Old     (goochy)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-10-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
I have had a 2001 VLX, 2005 LSV , 2007 LSV. The 2007 LSV is by far the best wake so far. I always carry a small crew, but I wanted a BIG boat . SO I got a LSV. Both boats are similar. I can get LarryS son behind my boat with stock ballast and power wedge..... after about 3-5 jumps ( warm up ) here is going huge . so its not the wake its the rider. The VLX might be alittle more vert , but both are great wakes. I have a large shed to park in, and I just enjoy the extra room inside the boat, Did I need I 23 , NO , I just like it ! I ride a sky ski ( hydrofoil ) and sometime I lay it in the floor . It fits in one piece. In a VLX it will not lay in the floor, boat is to short. I also enjoy the way the LSV drives and handles the water. Both are great test ride , before you BUY !! Upload

Pic of my wife , with 2 people in boat , power wedge on 5 . She rides power wedge on 2 when boat has more people in it . She had a hard time going from riding behind a 2007 VLX ( we had to bum rides while our 2007 was being built ) to the 2007 LSV . The VLX is a easy wake to go big on, the LSV she had to change her stlye , but NOW she is going huge again behind the LSV . PLUS the LSV has a GREAT surf wake !!
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-10-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
i put two 350 s in the rear lockers 1 long 350 in the walkway 1 more 350 in the flor by the rear seats and 1 300 by the 350 in the floor and a 300 up front
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-10-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
bow sack up front and all the rest in the back or in the floor
Old     (vigzz)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
tell me what you think! should i trade my 2002 lsv for a 2006 vlx with 8 hours on it?
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
vigzz,

That would be a great trade!
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
Just saw the new 08 23 LSV. This thing is sweet. I didn't get a chance to ride behind it but all the outlaw riders were saying is that the wake was a lot like the 07 LSV but a lot lipier. if thats a word haha O and did I mention it looks BAD A*S
Old     (want2ridealot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
sry it wont let me upload the picture