Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-20-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Ok PA guys, here is what I was able to dig up. As I read it "NO" we do not need the Jersey Cert. to operate in the river. Jersey will accept a cert from another state, but PA only requires it for people born after Jan 1, 1982. ??? Seems like a loop hole, but to play it safe you can get the PA cert online for $25.

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Fish_Boat/98boatco.htm

http://www.boat-ed.com/pa/

Jersey Info:
http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/maritime/faq.html

Q2
I live in another state, do I need a boat safety certificate?

A2
Yes - Out-of-state residents are not exempt from the education requirement listed above; however, the law states that an out-of-State resident who is at least 16 years of age and who will be in this State for less than 90 days may operate a power vessel on the waters of the State of New Jersey if they possess a boat safety certificate issued by their state of residence, or if they possess written proof of successful completion of a boat safety course approved by another state, the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators(N.A.S.B.L.A.) or the United States Coast Guard.

Q3
Can I operate a power vessel in the State of New Jersey if I possess a current United States Coast Guard operators license?

A3
Yes, a person holding a current United States Coast Guard operator’s(captains) license, who is otherwise required to possess a boat safety certificate, may operate a power vessel on the waters of the State of New Jersey without having completed a boat safety course approved by the Superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, provided that they have their captains license in their possession while operating.

The operators license can not be converted to a New Jersey boat safety certificate.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       04-20-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
The Delaware River is shared so I am not going to bother. My boat is registered in Pa and I only go on the river. I do have a Coast Guard Certificate from about 10 years ago. Maybe I will just keep that in the boat just in case.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-20-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
Dave M what do you mean by no wake allowed on hopatcong?

George, it sounds like you will be fine.

(Message edited by bwood on April 20, 2007)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-20-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Hello All,
71 Days and I'll be in the lovely state of NJ
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
The water level on the lake is extremely high, over some of the docks. They aren't allowing any wakes to minimize damage. Hopefully this week it will come down. I saw the dam today and there was water pouring over it.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-23-2007, 4:20 AM Reply   
Ok, how many people out there were thinking about being pulled at 22 MPH yesterday?!?!? I had to drive into Philly and I was amazed at how utterly flat the Delaware River was at 3:30 in the afternoon. I think it took my fever to ride up a few more degrees!

It also has me shifting into WakeFest mode. Granted Alex has been on Route Wakefest 2007 since July, but I'm gonna join him in nailing down some sponsors.

And Jeffrey Z, I gotta say your enthusiasm for Wakefest is better than this warm weather! I don't know if everyone else scans all the other topics on the discussion board, but Jeffrey gives a plug to Wakefest all over the place on Wakeworld! Good stuff!

But Wakefest stoke aside, Jeffrey, one thing I'm gonna enjoy just slightly less than Wakefest is the Eagles games on November 25, a surefire win up in Foxborough against the Patriots! I'm gonna be up there for the game, so we should get together to tailgate.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-23-2007, 5:55 AM Reply   
We spent yesterday putting our docs in up at lake Wally, the water was glass flat (one slalom skier came through) but the water temp could not have been much more than 45! Sure made me want to drop the boat in and get a nice healthy case of Hypothermia though! Hopefully this week I will pull the giant out of storage and start the upgrades, shower heater tower speakers and a good bath!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-23-2007, 6:01 AM Reply   
Just a little taste of another project that I have been working on over the winter. I started this back in Nov...

Upload
Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-23-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
Yesterday I had about enough yard work by around 3pm...............so I splashed the X-star for its maiden voyage. The river was 50 degrees, but absolutely flat! The boat performed well, tried some different speeds, both with ballast and without. Drove a few double-ups just to check out the wake. I'm now ready to pull some riders (you drysuit guys listening?)

I have a family party this saturday, but sunday should be free. Anyone want a pull, let me know.

KG, nice speaker box. Is this the Blastmaster 6000? Who's boat is it for?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2007, 4:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the offer Dave; I've got one more weekend around the house. The gardens are edged, deck has been pressure washed and stained, so the last thing now is to get the mulch down this weekend.

Another work of art KG, Looks great!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-24-2007, 4:59 AM Reply   
Nice box kev.

Dave-
50 Degree water is not bad at all, I was in the Atlantic this weekend, 3/5 wetsuit with gloves and booties, no hood.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
Doreen checkin in!
Doug, I wear my sunglasses at night too!

JB, you and Alex are the sponsor Kings! Between the both of you with your contacts, I'm sure it will be as great as last year!

There wil be more wakefest updates to share with everyone in the next week or 2. I'm really excited!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-26-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
Well, work on wakefest is moving right along. I'm hopeful that it's going to be another good one!
But I'll tell you what...even though I'm pretty much going through the same motions as last year, this
year's planning has been quite a different experience. It seems a little bit of recognition carries
both assets and liabilities. Hooda thunkit.

I believe I'll have the Super Air fully ready to go by the end of this coming weekend. My drysuit will be
ready as well. It's time friends. It's time.

Doreen and I are unsure what to do. Do we go to the May 16 Bart-n-que and then roll the dice on the opt-out
test, or do we play it safe, stay local and burn two nights taking the course? We're so undecided.

Very cool speaker box KG. It's clearly a member of The Blast Master familty, but up-graded for the 2007
model year. With 60 Sylvia getting an entirely new backyard, The Blast Master 5000 now has it's own special
shelf in the new shed! Remember how happy Karen was to see The BM5k move from your house to 60 Sylvia?
Well, Doreen was equally as happy to see it move from inside 60 Sylvia and out into the shed!

If you look in the windows behind KG's new speaker box you can see he has his tower off his boat and
on the floor!

Hey Gavin, have you have any more wakefest talks with Tom at 1st Klas Marine? If he wants to get in the game
and get on the shirt I'll have to know pretty soon.

Eustace: How about your guys at Wakeboard & Ski Boats of PA? Have you spoken to them about wakefest 2007?

My nautique brother Woody: Got that boat ready to go yet? I think you'll be lovin' it in pretty short order.

I recently saw a teaser from the upcoming Sidewayz Gator Boards team video Transgression. It looks
really cool. Ronn is the master.

See everyone real soon. Alex
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
Watched The Chick Flick last night...Awesome! Simply Awesome!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
I have Karen & I signed up for the May 14th/21st boaters course in Paramus, NJ. I figure it's a good way for her to learn some more about boating and I would get a refresher. I may even learn a thing to two!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-28-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
It's Saturday morning and it's a beautiful day! Sadly, I'm going to be behind my desk at work until 4:00pm.

I recently saw yet ANOTHER teaser for the upcoming Sidewayz Gator Boards team video Transgression,
and for a split second, I'm in it!

Doreen and I have decided to do the right thing and take the boater safety course. We owe it to everyone we
invite onto our boat. We're currently eyeballing Saturday May 19, at the Boater's World retail store on
Route 37 in Toms River. We burn a Saturday taking a class, we go to The Saw Mill afterwards to celebrate, and
that's it. We're good to go forever after. Plus I like shuffling around in Boater's World. I can always find
a couple of things I need.

Any one want/need some 15/32 plywood? If you scroll up to my March 1, posting you'll see how I had to
wrap the back of 60 Sylvia in plywood for the duration of the bulkhead replacement. Now that the new bulkhead
and new shed are in place it's time to take down the plywood and I have absolutley no place to store it.
If anyone wants all of it or some of it, please, give me a shout. Maybe Jim B. could use it to rebuild his
kitchen. Or Pop's Lef could use it to make trick ski dicks. Or maybe Doug could use it to build a tequila cabinet.
Or maybe Kevin could use it to go into Blast Master mass production. Otherwise Doreen may have me build a
second shed for all of my eBay'ed wakeboard gear!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
lets gets some 2-4's and build a slider we can place at low tide at bordentown for the wake event! we can panel the sidewalls of the rail with plywood making it real safe. We can drive in in the dirt at low tide and remove it when we are done.

somebody (ie. kevin) back me on this and i'll draw plans of what i was thinking.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-28-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
I just re-read my last post and it's over thirty minutes old so I can't go back and edit it.

When talking about what to do with the plywood, I meant to suggest that Pops Lef could make trick ski "disks."

A slider in the lagoon at Wakefest? That sounds really cool! But that means someone will have to think through
everything that will possibly be needed, have everything purchased in advance, have all the necessary tools,
have a truck to get everything to the event site, be there by 6:00am to get set-up, baby sit it all day, use it
for a little while, wait 'til 5:00 or 6:00pm to break it down, load it all back into the truck like it was
never there and cart it all back home. AND have back-up plans for every step that could go wrong. If someone's
up for that responsibility, email me. I've been thinking about this and I already have some ideas on the
back burner.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-28-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
What's up all?
Alex the kitchen is done so I wont need it.
I think I'm gonna put my Sea Ray up for sale next week and start looking for an inboard boat. Nothing fancy mayby like 1998 to 2004 between 13,000 and 21,000. The only problem is most of the boat for sale online are very far away. But I will keep looking.
NICE BOX KG. somehow that sounds wrong.

See you all real soon.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-28-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Jim, you should have bought mine man. I would have given you a good price. The new boat will be here tomorrow.

(Message edited by bwood on April 28, 2007)
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-29-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
Just got back from Hopatcong, water was cold but there was some glass. The guy at Barnes Brothers Marina thought we were crazy when I went in to buy a flag.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-29-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Woody, I was thinking about it. What did you get this time?

Who has a boat for me?
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-30-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
Jim, not sure of the condition or anything but they are GREAT people to deal with, this is where I bought mine, if you are interested call up and ask for Tom (owner) and tell him I sent you. Scroll to the bottom of the used boat, 1998 22' Tige. He is also a monster tower dealer and could do a tower instal for you!

http://www.firstklas.com/default.asp?Type=~New
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-30-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Gavin, That's funny because last night at work I found that boat on onlyinboards.com and emailed them about that boat. I asked him for more pictures and info. I was thinking a monster tower would look sweet on that boat. Thanks Gavin good looking out.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-30-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
No problem Jim, if you were looking to go new he has a couple left over 06s that he is blowing out. He is a nice guy to deal with for sure, little bit of a ride for you but worth it for quality dealer!
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-30-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
1st Klas has one of the better service shops in the area too. Had to have the control box replaced on my parents Sea Ray last summer. They were the only ones that knew what they were doing.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-30-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
Sorry Alex, I've gone over to the dark side. I got a nice deal on a 06 Master Craft X1 and jumped all over it. Before you know it we will have a fleet of Master Crafts on the river. I can't wait to put this baby in the water.

Upload
Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-30-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Woody,

NICE RIDE! Dark side? Why, whatever do you mean?

Good luck with it, it's a beauty, where did you find her?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-30-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
WOW, Woddy has had 3 boats in 1 Winter Season! That has to be some kinda record!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-30-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
Gavin, I called Tom at Firstklas and he seemed straight forward to deal with. He told me that boat was a trade in from a guy on Barnaget bay and the did a good once over on the boat and replaced a few things because of the salt water. That is a brand new trailer and the interior is in real good shape. He said the boat runs good and he feels it to be a dependable boat. So I'm off next Monday and I plan to take a ride out to see him. Can you email me good driving directions to his place?

Thanks Gavin and Dave M for the advice on that marina.I'm thinking if the boat is decent and I can get it for $14,000 I'll put a monster tower and perfect pass on it and I'm set.

Woody that is a sweet looking boat,good luck with her.
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-30-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
Gavin can probably get you better directions, I know the other side of the lake a lot better and I would be sending you way out of the way.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-01-2007, 2:30 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, the boat is from Atlanta,GA and it only has 23 hours on her.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-01-2007, 4:44 AM Reply   
Nice boat Woody! Congratulations!!

Alex, I have a call in to Chris at Wakeboard & Ski Boats of PA. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from him.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-01-2007, 5:49 AM Reply   
Jim, I will shoot you directions to the email in your profile. Good luck up there, and bring your board and suit, I am sure Tom will water test it for you but the water temp will be COLD
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
Thanks Gavin.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-01-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Hope it works out, we need more Tige people around here!!!!
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-01-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
Thanks Brian, after all I've read I can't wait to try the wake out.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
60 days and counting my friends!
Sweet water whip Woody!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
In the last 10 days the river has gone up 10 degrees...sweet!

Upload
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
gettin antsy! this nice weather is finally here and it looks like it might stay! (thank you global warming for the few cold days)

I am looking to get a new board....I am still riding my old O-Brien Evil Twin from 1996 I believe. This thing is a beast and it's about time to give er up for something new. Any suggestions? Places to look for a good deal?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-02-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
Scott check www.bartswatersports.com

Never had a problem with service and did business with them for the past 15 years.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-02-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
Wow I've missed a TON! And I know I cannot answer or respond to everything that's happened, however....work has been out of control and it's getting worse as we move closer to summer. Hopefully we'll slow down sometime soon.

KG, the tower is looking good.
Woody, sweet looking boat, that was a fast transition!
Jim, it's good to see you active, and good luck with the boat purchase. How's the knee been?
Jeff Zuk, always good to see you checking in. And even Russ is back with us. Very cool.

I'm getting excited to see all of the commotion going on and the talk of getting back on the river. There's just absolutely nothing better than it. I am certainly looking forward to more days where we have 6 boats all rafted up, beers in hand, enjoying good friends company. (sappy I know)

Alex, you have an EAGLE EYE! It's funny you noticed that. I didn't look at anything but the box, but you scanned the entire pic. i don't know if my stepdad could use the ply but will ask him.

Looking at all this talk and the shuffling around to get the boater's safety certificate, Michele and I are happy we took it first thing almost 2.5 yrs ago.

From what I understand, you can get the endorsement on your L's, but you're supposed to carry the cert. card on you at all times while operating a boat. (Dave, remember at Ray's Town you were the only one allowed to drive the houseboat because I only had the endorsement, not my actual cert. card.) But anyway, it seems like you all have it covered.

Hope to see you all soon on the water!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-02-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Just booked at the Hampton Inn...29th & 30th, Pays to be a Triple A member!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
Scott, I have that same board sitting in my basement The Evil-T.. What a gem!

Give Craig at SOS a call; he has a good selection and pricing. 800 442-6754

http://www.soswakeboard.com/flash.html
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2007, 9:19 PM Reply   
so it seems my past has been brought up....I have dealt with overtons....barts...and even sos....i know what kind of "deals" they have....anyone know of a truely good find? not that the help isnt appreciated.....
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-03-2007, 2:51 AM Reply   
Justin, the Super Sport was sold on sat around 1pm and the X1 was delivered sun at 7pm. It took a lot of phone calls to make it happen like that, but it was worth it.

Scott, try Ebay and just type in wakeboard. Not all the board are used in fact most are new.

Is anybody going riding this weekend? Besides my boat not being legal yet, my father and I are going to Gettysburg,PA this weekend to tour the battlefield. So I'm shooting for next weekend.
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-03-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
congratz on the new ride. x1 looks sweet. should be a blast.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-03-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
If you find something try the house http://www.the-house.com/ most of the stuff is year old left overs but there are some good deals to be had. I picked up the Obrien Natural last year and that board absolutely RIPS, sadly I only rode it one weekend before the season ended but it ripped, def a good choice imo
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-03-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
Justin, what's up. No my knee are still in bad shape. With the new job I was not able to take the time I need off to have surgery, after this summer it will have to get done.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-03-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
Scotty: Go on-line, do some research, go to Craig at SOS with the best prices you can find, tell him you're
part of the New Jersey crew, tell him I sent you, and I'm pretty sure he'll match or beat whatever pricing
you show him. He wants our business.

Jim: Being boat buyers is one of the greatest returns we can offer to wakefest sponsors. I had a chat with
Jim at 1st Klas, and while he thought wakefest is a cool idea, he wasn't sure if New Jersey is really a
market that he should be targeting. Jim, there's going to be a Correct Craft dealer at wakefest, a Malibu dealer,
maybe a Sanger dealer, maybe a Moomba dealer and maybe an MB dealer. (I have no idea about Mastercraft).
I'm sure these guys have used boats for sale and I'm sure they'd love to be talking to a serious potential boat
buyer while at wakefest. Jim, if you're in love with that Tigé at 1st Klas Marine, go for it. But there may
be other nice boats available through wakefest. Or maybe have 1st Klas Marine bring that boat to wakefest for
you to test drive! It's a buyer's market; especially in the boat market, and especially with gas prices
so high.

Dave M: Do you know Ron at San Bar Marina? I've spoken to him several times and he seems like a real good guy.

Jeff Z: Is The Hampton Inn right in Bordentown? Are you going to be stopping-in at 60 Sylvia on Friday again
this year?

Woody: If things work-out just right, I might actually dunk the Super Air in at Bordentown this weekend.
The X-1 looks nice. Congratulations. It would have been cool having another Nautique out there, but
it's just as cool having the ONLY Nautique out there too!

Thanks for the inquiries, but I think I've found a taker for all of my 15/32" plywood. I have quite a stack
of cinder blocks to get rid of too. The same guy said he'll take those too. Anyone here need some cinder blocks?
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-04-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
Alex, who is the Sanger dealer? I only knew of one semi local (in NY), if that is them I am guessing you have been speaking with Charlie, if that is the case tell him you know me and to bring a boat down for the day! I also talked with Tom at 1st Klas last week about wakefest, he is trying to make it work but is hard as that will be one of his busiest weekends for sales. I'll stay after him though!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Alex, Dave W sent me some links to all the master craft dealers around and I also have been on hear,onlyinboards.com and iboats,and boattrader for a few weeks now. Most of the boats these dealers have are out of my price range.
Monday I am takeing the ride out to1stklas to look at that Tige. I hope it's worth that long ride. If it looks good I will take it for a ride and see what happens from there.

It looks as if my boat will be sold this weekend. Leaving me with nothing. Thats a sad feeling in a way. My boat will be missed as she as created many unforgetable moments with my 2 daughters. That boat is like a family member to me.
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-04-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
A nice weekend. Sweet. Thanks for all the tips on shops and whatnot!! GREATLY appreciated. ENJOY THE WEATHER! I am sure as hell gettin on the boat this weekend for a cruise. If only I could ride with her.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-04-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
Alex, wazz-up?

Hampton's in Bordentown, I'm 4.5 hrs driving time from you directly... They want me to check in by 6pm, that may have to be done by phone.

Whats your deal on Fri?, Workin? Skien? I could be there early...Noon, 3pm etc...
Are you towing again? The Question should be re-stated, Is the Nauti gettin wet this year in B-Town?

Are we doing lunch and a dip in Turtle?? Let me know so that I can pre plan.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-05-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
Today is an emotional day in alot of ways. I sold my boat to Shawn, a friend of pops Lef. I'm happy because I'm now looking for a boat just a little bit bigger because my daughters are growing and want to bring more friends on board.And I'm stoked to buy and inboard.
As I pulled away from the boat ramp without my boat I actually got a little tear in my eyes because the whole ride home I recalled alot of great times I had on that boat with my family. Besides the fact that I never once had a problem with that boat. It served me well and I tip my hat to her.
Hopefully we will get to see Shawn on the water with his new boat. I hope she treats him as well as she treated me.

Hey Jeff Zuko, how many days til that wakefest thing?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-05-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
...And on the 56th day there was sunshine and 83* weather with a slight breeze....

Jim, maybe I shouldn't jinx the day in question!
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-05-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
Haven't been over to San Bar Marina. I picked someone up there but thats about it.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-05-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
Jeff...
So you're coming back on the 31st?
Hmm...I am trying to plan out my trip~ I might head over from NYC that weekend~
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-06-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
What up Ms. Lee?
From NJ I'm heading down to Wilmington, NC for the week with the wife...
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-06-2007, 6:23 PM Reply   
Jim, Glad to hear everything went well for you and the new owner of the 'ray. Feel good about the fact it went to a good home to someone who will take care of her and treat her right!
Now you can look forward to your next towboat. Does this mean we'll be seeing more of you and the fam. on the Delaware river this year? (Hope so.) :-)

Jeff Z. and Kelly Lee, there's a good chance I'll have the X-star out on the river friday before wakefest for some pulls.

Here's some lodging info for anyone coming to wakefest:

COMFORT INN- Bordentown, NJ
1009 Route 206
Bordentown, NJ 08505
609-298-9111
Mention "NJ WAKEFEST" for a 10% discount.
Free cont. breakfast, pool, refridge, micro, coffee maker in all rooms.
Located less than 2 miles from Wakefest site.

DAYS INN, Bordentown
1073 Route 206
Bordentown, NJ 08505
609-298-6100
Mention "NJ WAKEFEST" for a 10% discount.
Cont. breakfast, pool, fridge, micro in every room.

Days Inn has more rooms and more parking for those towing boats. You may have to unhook from your tow vehicle to park. Nicer pool too!

Quick directions to Wakefest:

Take NJ turnpike to exit 7.
Take route 206 north approx. 1 mile (stay in left lane)
Turn left onto Farnsworth Ave.
Follow Farnsworth through center of Bordentown to Park st. Turn left.
Boat ramp and parking lot are at bottom of hill.
(Go under R/R bridge.)
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-06-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
Alright people...
There's some important information floating around our there that has been thus far not shared.

First, how was riding on Saturday?

Second, how was Drinko de Mayo?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-06-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
Hey dave, how'd you get the deal for the hotels mentioning NJ Wakefest?

(Message edited by njladydriver on May 06, 2007)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2007, 2:58 AM Reply   
Dave, I hope so. I still like the Mullica better. How did you and Kyle make out at SOS? I saw those crazy north Jersey guys in the water Saturday. Still a little to cold for me.In 30 minuters I'm leaving to go look at a canidate for a possible next boat.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-07-2007, 5:02 AM Reply   
"Crazy north Jersey guys" ?? Hey! I resemble that remark!

I'd review Saturday's first dip and the subsequent Drinko, but I don't have enough time. I have to
get to work.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
Doreen,

I visited both hotels, told them we will have some out-of-towners that need a room while attending wakefest, can they get a discount when booking a room. Both places are offering a 10% discount if anyone mentions NJ Wakefest.

Jim, good luck today. Give us updates as they happen! If you need anything, let me know.
At SOS I picked-up a new Watson. Craig hooked me up with a good deal. Can't wait to try it out!

(Message edited by njskier on May 07, 2007)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-07-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
Saturday Fist Dip / Drinko de Mayo

Well I think the first dip was a grand success! No problems, everyone jsut warming up...no pun intended with that 57* water...Alex and Doug both on new boards so they were feeling that out. Karen got some sun...Brian and I were jsut chilling doin video and pics.

Water was chilly though, 57*-60*, and although 60 is what the water is in late June in Avalon...it still felt very cold even with the wetsuits.

Drinko de Mayo was great. Good to see everyone together having fun!

Was a very good day!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-07-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
Saturday Fist Dip / Drinko de Mayo....
Very Jealous of you folks, I can't even get my brothers to help put in the docks....City slickers

Hopefully I'll have my first pull on the 12th, keeping my fingers crossed.

(Message edited by zuka666 on May 07, 2007)
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       05-07-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
Great to see you guys are going out already. I need warmer water. Our boat is still in storage. From the news it looks to be getting warmer so that should give me some motivation. I saw on channel 6 new today the NJ Police was out in force inspecting boats. I guess they are going to be enforcing the boating certificate.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
Yeah George I just saw that too.......checking mostly fishermen but not just for their limit but their safety equipment as well. Everybody make sure you have what you need to comply (fire ext., throwable cushion, horn or whistle, flares that are within date, enough life jackets for each person on board, etc.) Okay, enough playing water cop, you get the idea.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-07-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave...let us know if you have anything else going on. When we do the next mailing, we'll be sure to include the info. I'm glad you posted it.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2007, 10:57 PM Reply   
It's official. I am now the proud owner of a 1998 TIGE PRE22IWT with the Tapps wake plate system. A little elbow grease so miner repair and tune up and she is ready. Oh and I have to install the new Monster Tower I bought for her as well. I am so excited. First I have a couple house projects to tend to, the the boat. I'm thinking 2nd week of June I'll be ready.

Gavin thanks for all you info and insight.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-08-2007, 2:54 AM Reply   
Congratulations Jim, did you bring her home yet? If so let's see some pictures.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-08-2007, 5:01 AM Reply   
Huge wake plate enhanced congrats Jim. Is your new baby direct drive or v-drive? You're going to be able
to focus on house projects with a new wakeboard boat parked in your driveway? Good luck! And like woody
said, post-up some pictures!
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-08-2007, 5:42 AM Reply   
Jim, glad it worked out! Welcome to the Tige family, and check out tigeowners.com there is some great info over there and people are always willing to help out fellow owners! Should look sweet with the monster tower on there as well. So how bad and how long of a drive was it? I was guessing 2 hours 45 minutes, how close was I ?
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-08-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
Gavin, whats the temp like for Wallenpaupack, possibly going to be up there on Sunday. Definately the following weekend.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-08-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
Dave M, I don't know exact but COLD, usually we hit mid to high 50s by memorial day. I was up two weeks ago putting our docks in and I could only keep my hands in the water a minute or two before they went numb! Thank god for neo waders!!! Dave W was describing to me where your slip is, you are over by where White Beauty used to be right? If you are up for Memorial Day weekend we should get together. We ride every morning up there by the nature preserve, usually out by 7.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-08-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
JB... Cinco de Drinko... we rode in 76 degree water warm Mexico weather. Ate at Jessie's Cantina, then went to Guzman's to watch the De la Hoya fight...

Aloha - Gringo!

Hope it is ok to go on the NJ site... someday I will ride out there (when it is warm)
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-08-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
Hey, what's going on everyone. It's been a while since I checked what's happening. Needless to say everyone got new boats. I got lucky and was sent a notice for jury duty for tomorrow and Thursday. I called and don't have to report tomorrow, nice. One more day of jury duty, and hopefully I don't have to report Thursday either. Does anyone have any jury duty horror stories you want to share?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2007, 5:46 PM Reply   
Hi Joe!
Welcome to the New Jersey Riders thread!!
I'm Alex's fiancé. Great job on the designs....we recieved rave reviews on what you presented so far. We're getting pretty pumped up about our little gathering. Nice of you to stop in and say hello!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-08-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
Alright! It's Joe Pearson checking-in! Friends, Joe is the So Cal artist who's working-on the designs for
this year's wakefest t-shirts. As Doreen mentioned Joe, everyone's pretty psyched about the concepts
you've come-up with. I'll be in touch soon and we can hammer-out some more of the details.

What's up Justin H. Good to have you checkin' in.