Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    rhys            06-05-2003, 6:35 PM Reply   
Hey i have a 6'3 surf board and was wondering if it would work for wakesuerfing. Ive tried it a couple of tiems at liek 9 miles per horu and i always drop of the back of the wake. Wut am i doing wrong?
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       06-30-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
I finally found the sweetspot on Saturday morning!
I would say the key is foot position.
Being able to shift weight from front to back
with subtle movement. Once I had the back foot
back enough and the front foot just right, I was
able to make very tiny adjustments and ride
with out the handle. When you start to get close
to the boat, a little shift to the rear foot
and I was back in the sweetspot. Start to fall
back a little pressure on the front foot and
I was slowly moving back down the wake toward the
spot.
Old     (sbayboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-04-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
Your surfboard should be fine I am on a 4'8" hyperlite broadcast. I have also used a 6'6" surfboard and what I have found is it all depends on the wake. I just bought 3 sacs to add to my current ballast and when weighted right my 210lbs butt can even surf with out the rope. BTW I have 500lbs interal ballast on either side of my v-drive 600 lbs in the bow and 500 addtional lbs on the side that I am surfing on.
Old    ernie_mckn            08-31-2003, 1:51 AM Reply   
what wake surfboard do you think is the best

Old    ernie_mckn            08-31-2003, 1:52 AM Reply   
hyperlite or what
Old    breakincrazy2            09-27-2003, 5:38 PM Reply   
So far I think Hyperlite Landlocks are the best but my friends at Action Water Sports said that there is a new wakesurf company coming out that is making lighter more floaty boards. My friend went down and road behind the new M.C. X Star using these boards and he said they were awesome.
Old    breakincrazy2            09-27-2003, 5:59 PM Reply   
hey rhys what kind of boat do you use? Is it weighted down, or wedge? If it is weighted down try and put around 2 hundred pounds in the middle of the boat, and around 5 hundred on the back left or right side depending on goofy or regular. try to be around 3to4 feet from the boat while your going, then have your front foot around the middle or even more towards the front. then have your back foot almost all the way back on the board. I also found out that its easier to get up if you start out like you would on a wakeboard. then once you get up put some weight on the front of the board and then the rope should slacken up. If you get to close to the boat just put some weight on the back of the board. After you do it a couple times youll get used to it and you'll learn when to move your weight around.
When you start out you'll it'll seem like you have a tiny place to surf, but after awhile you'll get better and it'll feel like you can go farther away from the wake and get farther back from it. The more you do it the easier it'll be.