Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stickdood)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-30-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
I have a 98' 185 sea ray bowrider with a 14x23p aluminum prop. I was looking at some SS props but don't know if I should go to a 21p or 19p? I do a lot of wakeboarding and I feel my boat has some trouble picking people out of the water that are close to 200 lbs. I myself have no problem because I am only 160 lbs. Also i was thinking of getting a hydrofoil to help planing time. Like the sting ray xpIII. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should get prop size and if hydrofoil is a good idea. P.S. only looking to spend about $500.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-30-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
I would say that 19, more power is always good for wakeboarding.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-30-2010, 2:53 PM Reply   
If you can afford it get a Quicksilver High Five.
Old     (stickdood)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-30-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
Do you own a high five or have boarded behind a boat with one? What makes the 5 blades work better than a 3 or 4?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-31-2010, 4:44 AM Reply   
I used to have a Wellcraft 202 Nova Spider,it was 102' wide and had a 22degree deadrise @ 19'9"long,it was like a tub in the water.The High Five would get it up on plane in less than 5 seconds.The extra blabes give it moe bite and you don't loose much top end.My Nova did 63MPH.I rode behind this boat with a High Five prop for 15 years
Old     (stickdood)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-02-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info...
Old    SamIngram            08-02-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
If you can find one get a Land and Sea Torque Shift Prop, sometimes you can find them on ebay...

Here one is on ebay