Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-04-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
I'm looking to buy a drysuit. Any advice, pros, or cons of different suits would be appreciated. Right now, I'm leaning toward the O'neill Boost. I mainly ride in the California Delta.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-04-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
The Boost is a great suit. It's comfortable, and very well made. This is our first season with them, and haven't had any problems.
Old    deltahoosier            11-04-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
I have the Oneil. I think it is the boost. Mine has the rubber seals around the legs and arms and a neoprene around the neck. I love the neoprene around the neck. I have a large neck, so, I do not have to worry about cutting the seals to make it fit or anything. I just was able to use it off the shelf. Also, my wife is smaller than me and she can use it too. She looks a little silly, but, it is very functional.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-04-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
I boost in my Boost... Just make sure to get a newer model (past '02) because they have the suspenders inside and they're a must. Oh yeah... make sure to keep your zipper waxed too!

(Message edited by dcervenka on November 04, 2003)
Old    steveaz            11-04-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
I'll second Kung Fu's statements. I'm not a real fan of the boost because they feel like they carry water but perform well.

My personal favorite is the Bare Ultra Dry.
Old    holbywan            11-04-2003, 7:10 PM Reply   
Kung Foo know's his stuff. Get an 03-04 Boost. Wear warm sweats underneath and be happy. Great suit.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-05-2003, 6:31 AM Reply   
check out Barefoot Internationals drysuit...

I believe the website is www.barefootinternational.com ... if that doesn't work, there is a link off the sponsor page of www.midwestwakefest.com

~Forrest
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-05-2003, 6:33 AM Reply   
check out BFI's drysuit. I believe the website is www.barefootinternational.com ... if that doesn't work, there is a link on the sponsor page of www.midwestwakefest.com

~Forrest
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-05-2003, 6:34 AM Reply   
oops....
Old    aka sickboy            11-05-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
My buddy has the boost, and I bought a Bare Ultra Dry. The boost just feels very heavy compared to the bare. Also, I would not recommend getting a dry suit with a fleece lining. With no lining, if the inside gets wet, you just towel it out. If you have a lining and it gets wet, you're done for the day.

mb
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-05-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
scroll down the page a bit and see http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/85314.html?1067304601