Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2009, 9:43 PM Reply   
I see Rathy riding both these boards, so they must both be pretty sick. What do you guys think? Cost aside, which board is better?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-29-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
Well now he is riding the Conspiracy. For 2010 the Monarch will actually be cheaper then the Assault because it will use the standard core
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-30-2009, 4:52 AM Reply   
Aaron Rathy is riding the conspiracy because it is his pro model
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-30-2009, 6:46 AM Reply   
Rathy would kill it a on a 2x12
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-30-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
There are 3 boards in the line for 2010, and the core has changed for the Monarch. The core is now a BIO3 Core like many of the Hyperlite boards. The formula for the BIO3 core is new this year and it is lighter and stronger than previous years. The shape stayed the same for the Monarch though.

These are 3 completely different boards, I will try to explain quickly:

Assault - Blended 3 stage rocker with a Eglass rail along the heel and toe side. This creates an edge that is almost indestructible! If you see me at a boat show I will be the one with a hammer hitting the edge of this board.

Conspiracy - This board takes the Eglass rail off the edge of the Assault and moves it under the footbed. This creates the strongest board ever under foot, but will still flex on the tip and tail. This is the thinnest board Butch has ever shaped. The new BIO core and Eglass is why we can build such a thin board. Below is a picture from the Hyperlite Facebook page of the very first production model of the Conspiracy. It was still to hot to hot bare handed when I took the picture. This is Rathy's new board and you will see big things from Rathy on this board.

Monarch - New graphics and a new core. This board is still gonna kill it. If you loved the pop and the feel of the Monarch last year you will still love this board. Our lightest BIO core ever.

And all of these board will in the range of $380-$480. Many retailers have already started receiving these boards so go check them out if you can. Or email me if you have any questions.

Corey M @ Hyplerlite
corey@hosports.com

Upload
Upload

these boards have not had their top & bottom sheet taken off yet. They colors pop alot more after they are done being QCed.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-30-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
Holy hell, does Hyperlite employ all the laid off Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka's factory? That is one tiny person!!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-30-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
LOL
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-30-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that the conspiracy has both the glass rope edge AND a glass rope deck inlay. this should make it recoil back to its original shape faster than ever before. also the glass rope is braided this year for increased strength.

I have yet to ride the conspiracy but was told it would ride like a faster, looser monarch. if so im game.

The monarch made me a believer after one ride, and it is the single most explosive, poppy yet smooth and manageable ride. i hate to say its a blend of smooth and explosive because it really has the max amount of both. Smooth and easy on the surface sorta laid back like scott's personality, but if you hold a decent edge thru the wake, look out or should i say up because that is the only place you will go no matter how fast you come into the wake. It is not the fastest board out there so you do need a decent edge to get the best pop, unlike some crazy fast boards (Marek) that just need to be pointed at the wake and speed takes over. until i find something that ka-boom's (yes i said it) off the wake as good or better the monarch, it will be shredding away under my feet.

the assault i only rode for one set, and its a bit slower and grippier than the monarch. the pop is still amazing, but it didnt scare me like the monarch. very fun and lively board, plus its tougher than nails.

to sum up the differences between the assault/monarch:

Assault: a lil deeper in the water, tighter edge hold and A/A- pop.
Monarch: a lil higher in the water, more snowboardy edge hold and A+++ pop.
(but cant wait to give the conspiracy a rip)

this is my take on things, hope this helps.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-30-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
Tomorrow is Hyperlite Happy Hour on stokemeter.com. You will have some guys from Hyperlite on to answer all your questions about boards, other product, or pretty much anything you can come up with. It is on a 3PM eastern or Noon for the Left Coast. Go to www.stokemeter.com/stoketv.htm

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-30-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, I know that this thread is about Byerly Boards, but the people on the show will be able to tell you a thing or two about Byerly Boards. They are made some where pretty close to Hyperlite and they might have some insider knowledge!

Corey M @ Hypelite
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-01-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
"Holy hell, does Hyperlite employ all the laid off Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka's factory? That is one tiny person!!"

No this board comes in a 52", 54", and the supersized 72" model.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-01-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
Monarch = wake riding only. if that is all you do there is no better board (my opinion)....... first rail you hit you might as well through $700.00 away.

Assault = wake, rails, what ever........ does them all very well.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-01-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
This is a pretty big board, and when it still has the flashing on it you can just about use it as a second bimini. Plus, Aaron Stumpf was hiding behind the board cause he is a little camera shy! i tried to get him in the picture but he was ducking and diving pretty good. I think he might have been a running back before starting his career as an amazing shaper.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-01-2009, 11:04 PM Reply   
Spearing - the Monarch now has a BIO3 core so it is no longer $700. It is more like $380. The Assault is def more of a rail board though.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-02-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
Corey - Thanks for the update on the the new Byerly products, good news on the Monarch :-)