Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (serjoint)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2009, 3:46 AM Reply   
Hi !!! Iīm going to change my set up ,.
and iīm clear on the board ,. but very confused on the boots!!!

could you help me?

Rigth now iīm ridding a recoil 08 and pbfloyd 08 from slingshooy,.,...
But this next year I got sponsored by my local dealer,. so Iīll have a new Hyper set up,.
so,... I already rode the marek board ,. and I like it,. what about the boot,.
I rode the murray boots 08 ,. and they sucks ,. the are very stiffy and unconfy,.. I didnīt like them,,...
any suggest??!!

Thanks from the other side of the ocean!!!

(Message edited by serjoint on January 26, 2009)
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-26-2009, 4:50 AM Reply   
It seems to be a pretty even split with the team riders between the white Murray boots and the Mareks. Both are designed to give you a ton of ankle support. If you want a high end boot with a little more flexibility then you are looking at the Audio's which is Ruck's new boot.
I personally like the looks of the Marek's.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-26-2009, 5:51 AM Reply   
As far as the Hyperlite boots for 09 go, I'd agree with Kyle that it'd be between the Murrays, Marek, and Audio boots. Coming off the Atlas boots, I'm sure the Mareks will not only be supportive, but considered stiff. The Murrays look great for this year, and from what I've heard will provide a supportive, but more flexible feel than the Marek boot. The Audio had more flexability in mind. But hey, you gotta ride em, not me! Good luck, and congrats on the sponsorship!
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-26-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Spanish Ninja !! sponsored !!?? CONGRATS !!
You know i love the byerly boots, are they an option for you ?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-26-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
Sergio Quote: "I rode the murray boots 08 ,. and they sucks ,. the are very stiffy and unconfy,.. I didnīt like them,,..."

Just a thought...You might not want to publicly criticize the products of the company sponsoring you & providing free gear!

Congrats on the sponsorship!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-26-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
I agree with Kat you should never bad mouth a hook up!

As for the 09's go with the audios.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-26-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
isn't hyperlite more of an indirect sponsor through the dealer he is sponsored by? either way, ya, i'd agree, say only nice things and you need not whisper.

i have not ridden any of the new HY boots, but the '09 Murray boots got a few changes. the liner is different and wraps around kinda like the LF boots and the footbed is different as well as the plates. I would definitely cruise down to your shop and try all the boots on in the shop if you cant actually put them on some boards and give them a full demo.

i messed around with the Marek at a boat show and it seemed the laces did not glide through the boot well and it was a little difficult to loosen and lace up... but maybe that was because the boot was not wet and it was new and not broken-in yet?

Just go try them all on

maybe these vids will help in the mean time
marek http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru8ejhx8jk4
murray http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgjJ1G5Qk7U&feature=related
audio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xGKWwxjWb8
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-26-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
he got hooked up by a local shop, not hyperlite... badmouth away.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-26-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
if you not looking for a stiff binding then stay away from the marek boots. i got them and love them. but i like my bindings very stiff. i also have the new byerly boas and they are very comfortable and not super stiff. plus you can adjust the forward lean on them to exactly where you want with the boa. i have only tried on the audios for a second so cant give you advise about those and the same goes for the murray boot. i do know that the new murray boot is much better than the 08 model so i wouldnt turn you back on those boots all the way
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-26-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
The 09 murray boots had several key design changes to them to make them a more fluid fitting boot that moves with you but burly enough to give tons of hold. The most noticeable change is the tongue/liner. It is now a wrap style liner and thinner, more flexible tongue without the pressre points of last years. As said above, for this year the mareks are the stiffest, the murrays are medium and the audios are softer. Depending on your preference you can go from there.
Old     (serjoint)      Join Date: May 2008       01-27-2009, 3:25 AM Reply   
Thaks 2 everyone,and in especial to Nedge (mayor_h)

Well ,. sorry if I made Myself missundestanding , but my english itīs as bad as mouth

I think I dindnīt even knew whats I was telling you, so again my apologies,... anyway ,. yes I made it for the dealer in Spain, that must be like any local shop on USA... the wakeboard in spain still littel,..

WHat I was triying to say , it that I didnīt feel confy on last year murrays,. the were to stiffy for me,.,. but now ,. if it has change ,..well

anyone of you had try murray and audio??

Thaks again guys!!!!
Old    joshj095            01-27-2009, 5:10 AM Reply   
THE NEW BSIDE AND THE AUDIO BOOTS ARE WHERE ITS AT THIS YEAR. HYPERLITE HIRED A NEW BOOT DESIGNER SO THERE BOOTS THIS YEAR ARE INSANELY COMFY. THE MURRAY AND AUDIOS ARE BASICALLY THE SAME BOOT, JUST THE AUDIO HAS A LOWER SUPPORT SO ITS ALL ABOUT PREFERENCE. THE MURRAYS ARE JUST A LITTLE HIGHER AND OFFER A LITTLE MORE SUPPORT.

ALSO THE B-SIDE IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST CONSISTANT BOARDS IN THE LINE. THE SPEED OF THE OLD 3DS AND THE BOOT OF A PREMIER...YOU CANT GO WRONG. GO CHECK IT OUT.