Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (desperado)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-23-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
Hello folks,

I will be visiting Boston in the next weeks and I want to know if there are some good and cheap stores in the area to buy wakestuff.

Don't want to fall back to mail order if not necessary.

Thanks in advance!
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-23-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
I don't know of any, I'm from NH but I go to Boston and look sometimes and never find anything besides crappy boards.
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-24-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
Ya there really isn't too much around here unfortunately. There is Hobb's Board Shop but their main focus seems to be snow and skate. I called them last June and they didn't have any 08 gear in yet so I went the online route. There is a really cool place in Naples Maine that I can't remember the name of but that's a good 3 hours from Boston. There is also Marine Sports and Parafunalia in NH but that is about 2 hours from Boston.

I'll hopefully be riding for another month or 2 so let me know if you want to join us some time.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-24-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
Like said above there really isn't much. You can Also try some boat dealerships, they usually carry some gear.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-24-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
Sunsports Plus is the place in Naples. It's 2-1/2 hours from Boston if the traffic is good. If you have the time, it's worth checking out,but call first.Harry changes the hours after Labor Day. It's a (very)small shop,but is usually crammed with gear,nice people and great prices.Especially now that summer is over.
Old     (dmonte3283)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-24-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
In Connecticut, there is Inland Watersports... You can try them. I have had great luck there.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-24-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
I can vouch for sports and marine Parafunalia, that place has a pretty big selection for the northeast.