Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
I just had to share how happy I am with the new custom cover I just had made for my Calabria Pro-V. Outstanding fit and finish on the cover, but I really have to give him credit for awesome customer service too! My last cover was in sorry shape, and I didn't want to waste $100 for waterproofer plus the hassle of washing the thing.

Just so you know, my boat was the first Pro-V he's ever done, and now he has a template for it. Mine is an '02 with a Boss tower, but he can do newer ones too with a swoop tower if you can give him measurements on where the tower feet are. I think he already does just about every kind of Malibu, Supra or Moomba - but if you're in the Seattle area like me, Cory can do it custom.

Man, as lame as it is seeing seeing the Seattle rain fall the morning, it's pretty cool watching it roll right off of that Sunbrella. And I will *definitely* not miss the pitch pole, and those damned trailer straps from my last cover! Plus, this summer I can tow with the cover on.

Thanks Cory! Here's a link to his site:
http://www.covercrafts.com
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-26-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
seadawg, he made one for my 05 supra ssv. it was also the first he had made and all i can say is wow.

and as you said, cory's customer service it top notch.

db
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
If you dont mind me asking, about how much did you pay. I would like to get a new one for my Pro V also.
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
Well, without talking specific numbers, I'll say that he was able to get me in on a big order he was already doing for some Malibus. So, like anything, the more he can order at the same time, the better deal he gets from the manufacturer - and I appreciate that he passed those savings along to me.

I know that Rankin quoted me over $900 without shipping (they're local to me too), and Cory definitely did better than that. Sorry to be vague, but I want to be fair to him and not put everyone's pricing expectations too low.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info, any pics?
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-26-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
I will stand up for Cory, when he first started on his own I needed a cover for an 04 Malibu 23 LSV. We worked together and made it happen, it is the best cover I have ever had on a boat, tows like dream.
Old     (jwharan)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-27-2007, 5:40 AM Reply   
just ordered one myself
Old     (npcain1)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-27-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Add me to the list of satisfied customers. Got my new cover for my Moomba last week friday and it looks great! Turn around time is fantastic, I think mine was done in a week.
Old    mendo247            04-27-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
does he do them for any boat??
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
richard, from what i understand with the exception of most bu's, he wants to do them only for boats that he can go and inspect and measure to assure a quality fit.

i know on my supra he went to a local dealer to do the measurments and then after the cover was done he went back out to assure a perfect fit.

doug
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-27-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Rob, I'll try and shoot some pics this weekend.

Richard, like Doug said, if he can get his hands on the boat, then no problem. But I don't think we have any Sanger dealers up here, so that might not work. You could shoot him an e-mail though, and maybe he could get it done with some good measurements.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-27-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Richard

I just emailed Cory and his response said he does not make covers for a Sanger.
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-27-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
Cory is very careful about what he says he can do. My 2004 Mobius LSV was the first Moomba he did and he only did it because a local dealer let him have access to the same boat. Not only did he take measurements of the boat in order to make the cover, he then took the cover to the boat and put it on to make 100% sure it fit before he sent it to me. Even with all that, my cover was delivered to Austin, TX in about 2 weeks from the date I placed the order. Since then I have been 100% satisfied with the cover and Cory has the absolute best customer service around.

If there was some way he could get access to a Sanger, I know he would be willing to make one. Unfortunately, it sounds like there are no Sangers in the area.

Here's a picture of mine (now all I need is new guidepole covers):

Upload

(Message edited by WakeShoe on April 27, 2007)
Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Do you really not need to strap these down for trailering? Also, are there poles in the front and back so the water doesn't pond?
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-27-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
That looks really good on your Mobius, wakeshoe!!

Mike, no, you definitely don't need trailer straps for this cover, and you don't need "puddle poles" as Cory calls them. The cover is stretched taut from front to back, and is secured by straps at the stern that attach to the grab rail above your swim step, and the stern strap attachment point as well. There's also a rope that goes all the way around your rub rail that you can ratchet "piano string" tight, plus there are two or three spots on each side of the cover with padded brackets that "grab" the rub rail. Between those, they keep the cover taut enough that *nothing* is moving, even at 60mph, let alone coming off. And the water rolls right off with no puddles, as I've found out over the last few wet days.

After having both, there's really no comparison between this and the semi-custom covers with the trailer straps.
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-27-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
No poles and trailerable as is. I have towed with this cover for over an hour at a time going highway speeds with no problem. The cover is held tight (hard to explain just how, but if you see it it is very obvious) so there is no pooling of water (there are several adjustment points to make sure the cover is taut in all areas). Best yet, the cover breathes. With my old cover that was not trailerable and had poles, the cover didn't breath so I had some mold issues on the upholstery. With this cover, the inside is completely dry, not damp, so no mold. I can tell you we had a huge ice storm this winter. If you left your car outside, it had over an inch thick of solid ice. I couldn't even get to where my boat is stored (outside year-round). A week later I stopped by to check on it and it was perfect.

Quite frankly, I always hated the old cover and did not like the way it looked on the boat. This one looks classy to me.
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-27-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
seadawg,
I couldn't figure out a good way to describe the attachments but you did a great job. Here are a few more pictures, especially in the rear that shows the rear straps. The ratchet is below the grab rail in the back.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-27-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
Thanks wakeshoe, and your pics really show how it works.

BTW, I can see what you mean about those guide pole covers, but it sure looks like they've been doing a good job for you - that Moomba is sweet!
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-28-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
Here's some pics of my cover.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-28-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
And my pictures don't show it that well, but Cory added reinforcement for contact spots, like where the ski pylon touches in the stern, the windshield edges, and especially the front where the DHM Trailer bow rests are.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-28-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
That looks great!!
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-30-2007, 5:53 AM Reply   
here is my covercraft.

dbUpload
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-30-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Nice setup, insuranceman! Can you give me a link for that wakesurfer rack on your tower?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-30-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
seadawg, i got it from monster tower. it works fine but if i had to do it over, or spend the difference i would have gone with the dbot5.
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-30-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for the tip.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-30-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
Seadog, just put the Dbot5 on mine, very nice.
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-30-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
Those do look sweet, and I'd love to have one, but with all of the cash I've dropped on the boat in the last few weeks, I think the wife would have me sleeping out there for a week if I pulled the trigger. ;)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-30-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
You have to love covercrafts, much better than Rankin in my opinion and yes I've had both.

Upload