Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-17-2012, 7:27 PM Reply   
I'm going to be spending about every other week in Ft Wayne, INand should have time off while I'm there. I've seen plenty of billboards for dealerships and my girlfriend said she saw some people shredding on a lake near the highway there today. Curious about any crews that I could catch a tow from. I'm always more than happy to bring gas money, help clean up or wipe down, and I recently sold my Mobius XLV but I am more than willing to drive and help out in any way.

Cheers,
Cody
Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-17-2012, 10:29 PM Reply   
I have a summer house in Angola, Indiana. It's about an hour outside of Ft. Wayne. Most of the lakes in the area are in my area, along the northern border of Indiana and Michigan and near the border with Ohio. We're actually in a similar situation, we've got a 2008 X-2 with about 2400lbs of ballast loaded in it, and no one to ride with besides myself, my buddy, and occasionally my girl. We've had a place on the lake forever, but only picked our boat up about three years ago now. I've been trying to find some other local people, as my friends and I are the primary boaters in the family now.

There are alot of wakeboats in the area, but very few riders it seems. Occasionally you'll get a couple boats out on the lake with riders, but most people are out there casually for the pull around the lake at busy hours. VERY FEW riders/boats out early morning or late evenings when the water is calm, who know what they are doing. We managed to hook up with a guy local to us, who we rode with at the very tail end of the season last year. I think he is one of the better riders in our area, but around the end of his set he slammed hard and broke his ribs (he thought), haven't heard from him yet this season.

We've been trying to find a couple local riders similar in age to us (just graduated college group, usually ride with about 6 people in the boat), who want to ride more than party. There's no shortage of people who want to party around here it seems, unfortunately decent people/riders are slim/hard to find.

We're on Snow Lake, part of the Lake James chain of lakes.

Last edited by 9645glazier; 06-17-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old     (Prestoooooo)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-18-2012, 7:14 AM Reply   
There are a ton of riders up in the Wawasee area, most of us work at Bart's. A few of us have boats and ride pretty much everyday but we're about an hour or so away from the fort. Stop in the shop and talk to us and maybe we can go out sometime and ride.
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-18-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
Cody,

I live in Ft. Wayne and have an 08 210. Send me a PM and we'll see if we can hook up. Im 31 and married...you? We usually go out early saturday mornings at a local reservoir. Not big partiers...just like to get out and ride when possible (maybe even some weekday evenings). Im probably an intermediate rider, but am willing to ride with whomever. Let me know!
Old     (premier136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-19-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
Ryan Im also on snow lake and would be down to ride some time. Message me and we can try and hook something up. Im usually up there on the weekends because I'm down at Purdue during the week for an internship. Im always looking for people to ride with I usually head up to cold water to ride with some friends but Im always looking for someone to ride with on snow.
Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-19-2012, 11:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier136 View Post
Ryan Im also on snow lake and would be down to ride some time. Message me and we can try and hook something up. Im usually up there on the weekends because I'm down at Purdue during the week for an internship. Im always looking for people to ride with I usually head up to cold water to ride with some friends but Im always looking for someone to ride with on snow.
For sure man, I'll hit you up the next time we're up there. I'm not gonna be out there till about the first or second week of July, then I'll be there pretty much every weekend until October, and for parts of the week here and there. I'll shoot you a PM on my way up next time. We're out there in the white and blue X-2 with the grey bimini if you happen to see the boat driving around.

Also, looks like you're in one of the fingers/channels, which one out curiosity?
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-20-2012, 8:28 AM Reply   
Hey, I live in Rome City (about 30 minutes from FW) and have a 99 Super Sport and I work at Dry Dock Marine Center In Angola also about 35-40 minutes from FW. Shot me a message zach@drydockmarine.com and we set up a time to ride!
Old     (premier136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-20-2012, 4:19 PM Reply   
Ryan my family has a house in the sprague addition
Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-23-2012, 12:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier136 View Post
Ryan my family has a house in the sprague addition
I'm in there two, lake front bout half way down the shore.