Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-29-2007, 6:01 AM Reply   
http://www.concrete-inl.com/07main/index.html
What do you guys thinkin about it?
Does anyone ride it? Looks pretty puerile for me...
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       08-29-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
lol @ concrete
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-29-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
That Ultema Shape is different!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-29-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
Funny intro and webpage. The Ultema looks like the old helix with really pointy tips.
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-29-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
There was this sideways promotional dvd we got when I worked at larsons and it had a video of those guys that ride for concrete. Those guys rocked they tore it up. They were throwing the biggest tantrums and glides out there. and just pure style. Dont remember what the videos name was though that it was previewing.
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-29-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
The white one with the skull graphics is awesome.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-29-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
I have a old pair of Concrete bindings I bought back in 1999. The company used to be run out of Oceanside or Carlsbad CA.
Just people following thier dream..
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-29-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
5 stage rocker?
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-29-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
The Icon Boa (in black) looks identical to my buddy's '06 J-Star Lymans. Same Boa system in the back and even the same pattern on the front. is there some kind of corrolation between these two companies or did Concrete completely rip off Lymans for their '07 boot?http://www.wakeworld.com/boots/getboot7.asp?ProductID=3377
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-29-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
Obviously, most of those bindings are based off old HL/Jobe molds, but what's interesting is that one of the bindings looks like it's based off Liquid Force. Same with the vests, looks like they're coming from different manufacturers.

Note to self: Add Matrix Jacket to Christmas list.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-29-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
The drysuits look pretty sick, and ya, when i saw those icons, i knew it was a lyman.

Ya that matrix jacket was pretty boss doc!
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-29-2007, 9:27 PM Reply   
If its anything like a Toyota or Honda it will take over the world.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-29-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
I agree, the Drysuits look Bad Ass!
Old     (unregistered)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
Their boards are pretty sweet. Seen the Ultema Ltd Ed up close, construction is good and they don't weigh a tonne. But yeah, their designs are very very similar to other board companies, plus they arn't all that cheap.

Pretty good team of riders, tend to win a lot of the asian comps.

Here's Bomb (Thai rider) recently when he was in Singapore

http://www.wakeboard.com.sg/index.php?showtopic=1434

And Zucky used to be sponsored by them too

http://www.davidngiam.com/albums/0503-zucky/
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-30-2007, 12:00 AM Reply   
zucky was the stuyle back in the double up days.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-30-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
those dry suits are bad azzzzz
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-30-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Briefly I was their US National Sales Manager till the pulled the plug on the US development.I was working closely with them two years ago to bring them back into the states. Duane from Kampus still owns the US rights. They didn't like the cost of advertising and what it would take to get in the US.
They do not have the right to sell in US do to the fact they bought the name but only the rights to outside the US.
I spent many long hours and a couple visits trying to get them to understand the cost of US market to the Japanese.
Good people solid ideas and yes the out source a lot of the production.
I have some 06 boards and bindings.
Quality wise top notch.
ITCH
Anyone want to buy some good boards or bindings?
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-30-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
"If its anything like a Toyota or Honda it will take over the world."

AGREED!!! Especially since the Toyota wakeboard board was such a smashing success.
Old     (ilovelake)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-30-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
When you click on wet&dry it shows a picture of a guy wearing a badass tan/brown drysuit but then it's not in the list that comes up. I would totally buy that drysuit based on looks alone. I can see why they wouldn't want to invest a ton of money trying to break into the US board/binding market with a lineup that looks like other companies' old models, but they should DEFINITELY consider marketing those drysuits here in the states!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-30-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
^^^Agreed. All their drysuits look awesome! The tan one is by far the coolest though.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-30-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
AGREED!!! Especially since the Toyota wakeboard board was such a smashing success.

My point was that when Japan decides to make something they end up owning it. Like Honda/Toyota, just look at those drysuits, everybody here has had a positive response to them, Just think if they worked more on the boards.
I think if they put their mind to it, with the computer technology thats available today, they could come out with some bad ass boards that would open put a dent in the existing board market.
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-30-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
Well the Prophet bindings definitely use Liquid Force parts. The base plates and foot beds look like they came right off of my Ultras. The other bindings I'm guessing are based off of J-Star or older Hyperlite gear since those look like they have a lot of the same parts. Maybe they bought the designs from Hyperlite after they stopped using them.

And I agree. Why don't we have those dry suits in the States? I would wear it to bed as a onesie! Those things are awesome.

(Message edited by dmcguirt23 on August 30, 2007)
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-31-2007, 12:24 AM Reply   
Whatever dude, I was just clowning. In general I agree with you. I've owned 3 Honda cars, and right now I'm considering a Tundra truck. My shades (Legend) are even made in Japan.

I meant to type BOAT but I mistakenly typed "board" instead. My point was that Toyota already tried to break into the ski/wakeboard boat market, but their product was crap, it did not sell, and as a result it did not stay on the market for more than a minute. Clearly, it was a failed venture. I was just making (another) stupid joke, but while we're at it, it's worth remembering that there are exceptions to most every rule.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
I told them those dry suits would be a huge hit, they said to have them made then shipped the suits would run 770-800 bones, WHAT????????????????????
itch
I had a warehouse all lined up that they didn't even have to rent to save on shipping they could just bulk rate them by the pallet.
To my surprise they said no thank you.