Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
Just had my prop fixed for my Tige, the guy at the shop said I need to get it back to the wear line on the shaft. HOLY CRAP!!! I have been trying to push,wiggle,slide that dam thing for 45 min! Is ther a trick to it? do I try and lube her up,or call the guy back and ask if he will put it on for me....It'll make me feel like a complete worthless ass, but I got to have it ready for Friday ride.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-22-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
I sure you need the tool for this, I had to buy one for mine
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-22-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
Start tightening the nut once it is line up. this will push it where it needs to go.
Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-22-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
I’ve worked at a Correct Craft dealership for almost 10 years and here’s how we put the props back on. (Same for all inboard boats I’ve ever encountered)
Simply slide the prop on, wedge a piece of wood against the prop and the trailer (so the prop can’t turn), and then tighten up the nylock or castle nut. Top it off with the cotter pin and your set to go. I’ve never had a customer prop come off nor have I ever looked to see if there was a wear line on the shaft.
Please correct me if different manufacturers have a specific installation procedure.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-22-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
I'm not aware on an install tool, just slide it on as far as you can, put on the nut, and snug it up. This should pull it up to where it needs to be. Place a 2x4 between the prop and rudder to hold it.
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-22-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
Ditto with what Bills says. Just tighten the nylock until you are blue in the face and you are good to go.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
make sure the key is not going in crooked. and it does down into the indent on the prop shaft. and you line up the key way with the key
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-22-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
I am an idiot and tried to put my prop on backwards... I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go on. Well -- the drive shafts are tapered so make sure you are putting the prop back on the right way, then tighten the nut.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-22-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
I put some grease on to ensure an easier "off" for next time, mabe that will help.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
All good info, Thanks guys. I'll check key way, and tighten her down. Just started raining so it'll have to wait till morning.