Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    grantmi1            07-09-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
Please post pictures of the inside of your boat with your ballast system. I am trying to get ideas and get an idea of how this changes the boat to add ballast sacks and tanks. How it changes the everyday regular use or seating and storage. Anyone had experience with resale value too?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-09-2003, 5:46 PM Reply   
I posted an article on wakeboarder.com showing how I made a custom ballast system for my Mobius. Go look in the archives there.
Old    grantmi1            07-09-2003, 7:24 PM Reply   
Thanks dood you rock, I am geforce from the moomba forums.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-10-2003, 7:12 AM Reply   
here you go. This system works awesome. cheap and easy.
www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/54451.html
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-10-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
Jon,

I have a question about your article. You say the wood on the bottom of the rear ski locker is "supported on both ends and does not put any pressure on the gas tank". How did you support the wood on both ends?
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2003, 12:24 PM Reply   
FYI on the whole impeller water deprivation subject. I blew out an impeller about 10 miles from the dock. I was able to make it back by keeping the speed above 10-15mph. That must be the point where pressure is high enough to cool the engine because it would cool down to normal operating temp at that speed.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-10-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
tre,

on both ends, the wood is resting on fiberglass, not the gas tank. the wood is pretty thick and it doesn't flex at all, therefore putting not pressure on the tank. I hope that clears things up.