Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-12-2013, 5:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoon View Post
No
coon, looks like you're gonna miss out.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-12-2013, 5:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ers906 View Post
Yeah, we r bringing several riders, our G (maybe the 210 as well), several single girls (as well as our GF's), my parent's (big scotch drinkers who are known to pick up a bar tab or two). I know Ryan Platt was planning on going, along with Mike from Action. Not sure about the rest of those guys. I am actually starting up a wakeboard clothing company (ie tax write-off) so we will be giving away shirts hats etc and hoping someone with fashion sense can give me advice.
you have two boats??

we're gonna be heading up Friday morning and stay till Sunday. MR BombWake and his Wifey (along with my wife) are heading up with his 211. I know Platypus is going up with Luke and some friends Friday. also Robbie mike, maybe nick from action are going up.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-13-2013, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
coon, looks like you're gonna miss out.
I hate when that happens I need to get healthy
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-13-2013, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ers906 View Post
Yeah, we r bringing several riders, our G (maybe the 210 as well), several single girls (as well as our GF's), my parent's (big scotch drinkers who are known to pick up a bar tab or two). I know Ryan Platt was planning on going, along with Mike from Action. Not sure about the rest of those guys. I am actually starting up a wakeboard clothing company (ie tax write-off) so we will be giving away shirts hats etc and hoping someone with fashion sense can give me advice.

2 boats?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-15-2013, 9:42 PM Reply   
is there an echo in this thread...
Old     (jonsquatch)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-16-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
... MR BombWake and his Wifey (along with my wife) are heading up with his 211...
You sure he has a real boat? And he made plans that far in advance? Wonders never cease

We are sitting this one out, the wife keeps wakeboarding on it and her knee needs a rest, and I am tired of traveling and still have one more CLWC event in Lake Elsinore, CA this year. Why do they always wait until the end of the year to do this stuff?
Old     (JustinMD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-16-2013, 9:09 PM Reply   
I was on Bartlett on Sunday. There were Malibu's everywhere! What's up with that?
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-17-2013, 2:07 PM Reply   
Yeah I have two boats (actually three if you count a pontoon). Looking to sell the 2002 210, just getting some new seat cushions, a new key pad, and some detail work done before I put it up for sale. She has been a good boat over the years, I would like to have her new owner enjoy her as much as I have. I prob have met you (DC) before at one of the action events or parties, but my brain seems to be retaining less and less the older I get. Anyway, will be a fun time I think. Hopefully get a decent sized group.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-17-2013, 4:57 PM Reply   
Jon
how am I ever gonna see you and Natalie? aka my wake wife

Justin
I have no comment on those Bu's you saw were they power turning? if so I don't know them...

Eric
it's possible we have crossed paths before. hopefully I'll formally meet you somewhere up there. I'm pretty excited for this event. the action guys told me Bob Soven is flying in Thursday to phx and carpooling with them to Parker. also I can't confirm but they may be bringing a 2014 g23 and 230 possibly.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-17-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
oh ya, anybody going wakeboarding tomorrow?
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-23-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
DC, sorry if I missed you up at Parker. It was a great time. Soven was there, and an absolutely an amazing guy. Cool for the adults to hang with, but the most impressive part was the time he took with my GFs kids. Doubles rode with them for several hours, coaching them, and again helped them ride cable for the first time ever on Sunday morning before he left. One of the most impressive professional athletes I have met in any sport. Aside from trying to relive my twenties (in beer consumption and late night antics), it was a successful trip. I know AWS sold at least one G, and maybe a few other boats. We are already working towards panning next years event. I will post pics on here if I can finish the (real) work I put off by going.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-23-2013, 1:46 PM Reply   
I THINK I saw you... but like you said I was living like I was in my twenties (cuz I still am) and getting chocolate wasted. I was on the 2014 230 the majority of the time... "product testing"

and like you said, I'll post pics up here when I can recuperate. I'm still exhausted
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-23-2013, 5:29 PM Reply   
Yeah I think we said hi in passing. I was on the black white and grey G23, with four kids (Gfs, not mine!) running around. Seemed like everyone that was there had a great time. You are lucky that you are in your twenties, because it is no fun getting really close to 40 and being reminded of it in the morning (by your body and your GF)
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-24-2013, 1:36 PM Reply   
Is this ^^^^ Dr. Roberts from All Creatures????
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-24-2013, 2:48 PM Reply   
Yep.
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-24-2013, 5:37 PM Reply   
How crazy! My wife is Nicole and our dog is Stella, the dog that was really sick last month. We really both appreciate how much attention and care you gave to Stella.

If you frequent Bartlett you probably have crossed our path 100 times out on the water.
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-25-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
How is Stella doing? Has her fever gone down? I pretty much only ride at bartlett so I have no doubt that we have crossed paths. I rode a tan white and blue 210 until I bought the G. What type of boat do you ride behind? Let me know how Stella is doing and flag me down if you see me (White Black and Grey G with no factory graphics on the side)
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2013, 9:12 PM Reply   
She is doing much better. Fever finally went down after a few more days. Did a bunch more tests that all came back negative, ended up removing a lymph node that was really inflamed. Through process of deduction we are pretty sure she has an immune disorder. She has gained back about 8 of the 14 pounds she lost while being sick.

I for sure remember seeing that 210 out there. We have an all white Malibu 23LSV out there almost every Sunday afternoon. I will flag you down if I see you out there and will probably be begging for a pull behind the G. I really want to hit that wake.
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-27-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
Glad to hear that Stella is doing better. Spoke with Dr. Aguirre yesterday about her and he seemed to be very optimistic, especially since she is putting weight on etc. Was not the easiest case I have ever had.

We will be out at bartlett on sunday, look for the G. Not 100% sure what time we will be heading out there though, since will be at the ASU-USC game on Sat night (and day tailgating after work). Stop us on the water if you see us.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2013, 9:48 PM Reply   
ok I'm finally getting around to posting some Parker pics. I know a few of you are my Facebook friends so you have seen some.

our toy haulers

me on the cable, pic taken from our room

on our way to dinner up river. I was too drunk to remember the name of the place..

pirate booty

more pirate booty...

and that's the end of Friday
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2013, 9:55 PM Reply   
Saturday morning glass

230 strolling by

2014 230 rear layout

the highlighter on the water

shreddin the gnar

BTW the new updates for the nautique Linc system are awesome!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2013, 10:14 PM Reply   
we also got the chance to surf with Soven for a couple hours with my wife, Mr and Mrs BombWake, and myself behind the new 230. water conditions at that time were pretty bad so we didn't wakeboard with him. he really didn't want to.either, which i could understand as he does it all the time for a living. but all in all.he's really down to earth.

Last edited by durty_curt; 09-29-2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: .
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2013, 10:29 PM Reply   
a few.more from surfing session #1

Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-30-2013, 8:50 PM Reply   
Eric,

Saw you out at Bartlett Sunday around the flats, looked like you were heading out and you had quite a full boat. Stella got up on the sun pad and gave your boat a few barks. We had just got on the water. We usually get out 2pm and stay till sunset for the good water.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       10-01-2013, 6:31 PM Reply   
Like that new 230 man,,,,, can I ask was that a gloss yellow painted tower or is that slightly less shiny textured tower that is supposed to be really durable they started doing this year?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-01-2013, 10:19 PM Reply   
it was the textured tower, not gloss. after putting over ten hours on her the past weekend, I figured I could comply a decent review on the new 230
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-02-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
Jason, I figured that the dog and the sundeck was Stella and that was your boat. We had 14 on the boat, and had very little fuel left which is why we were beating feet towards the launch ramp. Took some of the wakedevils out and ran through about 55 gallons of gas in 6 hours. Not horrific for a G with full ballast and at least 2500# extra in people and beer. Wake was bigger than I have ever seen it, so of course I decided to ride (even with a partially torn MCL and meniscal tear), and promptly ate it and either broke or bruised a rib. Not my wisest decision. Next time I will make sure we have more fuel and we will pull you if you want.

On a different note, due to the federal government shutdown, all of the lakes in AZ which require a Tonto pass have been shut down. We went out yesterday (and had the lake completely to ourselves), but only because we got around the ranger, and was able to sneak the boat in and out. I imagine this weekend it will be much more difficult to be "sneaky"

photo.JPG
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-02-2013, 9:36 AM Reply   
The glass and the signs
Attached Images

Old     (JustinMD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-02-2013, 9:37 AM Reply   
What lakes are shut down?
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-02-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
Anyone that needs a Tonto pass, I copied this from the website

Bartlett Resevoir
Canyon Lake
Saguaro Lake
Apache Lake
Roosevelt Lake
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-02-2013, 9:45 AM Reply   
Not sure how other states are handling it, but I cant imagine it will be much different
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-02-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
Luke was telling me how tricky it was to get through at Bartlett. and that's probably the easiest lake to get around barricades and road blocks. sadly it's pretty darn far from me
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-02-2013, 12:02 PM Reply   
It was certainly one of the more "covert" wakeboarding operations I have ever been a part of
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-02-2013, 12:57 PM Reply   
we were able to squeak in before the shutdown commenced, my wife wanted me to take her friends out before the purge.

got my bass back

don't forget to Stretch

for the sake of Sparkys lake days, he hopes the lakes open up soon

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-02-2013, 6:52 PM Reply   
I think the sheriff should have just forgotten to lock the gate!
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       10-02-2013, 8:38 PM Reply   
Curt, please do give me and wake world your thoughts and review on the new 230,,,,I may have my boat sold this weekend and am heavily leaning towards a voltaic yellow 230.... I have no first hand experience with it yet and your opinion good and bad would be appreciated
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-02-2013, 10:14 PM Reply   
Need info... What does it mean they have shut down the lakes? They have prevented access to the lakes? Or there just are no services available?

And what do you mean you snuck by the barricades? That implies they were partially blocked... How do you get around them and any idea what the penalty is if caught? I was planning on going out in a couple yaw to either Saguaro or Bartlett but not if I end up with a $500 fine or a felony trespass charge.
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-02-2013, 10:35 PM Reply   
I am not sure what the penalty will be if you are caught, but the Ranger seemed to be trying to play hard ball when we got stopped. The roads to the North Ramp were blocked by an official vehicle, rangers, and a blockade. We were able to "sneak by" mostly by a bit of slight of hand and some smooth talking regarding marina business by one of my crew. There are certainly no services available, from what I heard from the marina staff today is that no trash pickup, etc. has occurred since the shutdown went into effect. Still planning on riding on Sunday, just trying to put together a "how" with minimal chance of that felony charge
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-02-2013, 11:22 PM Reply   
Curious... I thought the whole point of the shutdown was no rangers. The marinas at both Sag and Bart are private not federal, no? So launching from the marina ramp should be allowed? Hopefully this will be fixed before the weekend.
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-03-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
Can you still get access to the flats or SB cove at Bartlett and shore launch or are the roads closed? I really need to get on the water Sunday. I wait all year for October water!

When there was a fire 5 or 6 years ago we went around barricades and got on the water but then got kicked off by the sheriff.
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-03-2013, 12:10 PM Reply   
Not sure how it is going to be set up this weekend. On tuesday there was a Ranger there diverting traffic. I asked if he was a federal employee and could tell that he wasnt really happy with the question, so I decided not to push my luck. Felt sorry for the guy, because not only was he likely not getting a paycheck until this cluster**** is over, but I am sure he was getting a rash of crap from boaters. Based on where the barricade was, there is no way that I know of to get to the flats or SB cove. There were a few campers out on tuesday, but last I heard, the Rangers were kicking them out as well. I have also heard through the grapevine that they cannot close the entire lake since the marinas are public. We will see on Sunday I guess, although I am going to be calling the marina on sat to get a heads up on the number of boats out and if the sheriff is harassing people. Unfortunately, they will likely ignore the jet skiers and tubers (like normal) and come after the riders.
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-03-2013, 12:55 PM Reply   
The marina says it will launch and retrieve your boat on their ramp for $20, but its only between 8-4. I am gonna see if I can work something out to be later than 4pm on Sunday.

I expect Pleasant to be jammed this weekend.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-03-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
we were having the discussion yesterday on the wake devils Facebook and one of them that's working at the marina at bartlett chimed in, Jason you're right about $20 to launch and retrieve. he also said that they will close there ramp after 4, I'm guessing block it with there tractor or something. they are also renting slips for a the weekend if you wish to just stay out. it's $50
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-03-2013, 1:44 PM Reply   
at this very moment some of them are out on saguaro and are telling me that they're literally the only boat out there! I'm gonna ask them what the deal is there when they return this evening.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       10-03-2013, 7:42 PM Reply   
Curt, not trying to b a pain but could u give me ur opinion of the new 230 please,,,,, I am almost for sure that's the way I'm going now but my dealer doesn't have a new one to demo yet... What r ur thoughts on it the week I've had it?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-03-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
mike I started you a thread under boats accessories etc. so everyone could help chime in. I'll write my thoughts when I get on my computer.
Old     (Bradg1)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-03-2013, 9:49 PM Reply   
We paid $25 to launch at Saguaro Marina this morning. Literally counted 4 other boats on the water all day today. It was the best day I have ever had on Saguaro.

I also spoke with Canyon Lake and you can launch at the marina for $20 a day there.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-05-2013, 5:39 PM Reply   
anybody riding tomorrow? I'm Wigging out here
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-05-2013, 6:39 PM Reply   
I think we are heading to Bartlett
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-05-2013, 7:53 PM Reply   
let me know how that goes, tell Luke I said what up. I'm gonna try to get a crew together and attempt to get into canyon
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-06-2013, 9:03 PM Reply   
got on canyon lake! saw maybe 10 boats and 2 jet skis. we were the only people with wakeboard boat with a real stereo, so anybody nearby had to deal with deafening tunes. paid $20 to get on, they didn't make me unhitch trailer to tractor have absolute power over me like Bartlett. marina launching hours is 8 am to 8pm!

sorry for so many pics, I'm trying to give you guys the idea of how dead the lake was on a weekend during rush hour
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-07-2013, 6:35 PM Reply   
I dont wanna go to work anymore I wanna go to the LAKE!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-07-2013, 10:00 PM Reply   
then why don't you just go Joe? when was the last time you went to the lake? do you still have a boat??
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-08-2013, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
then why don't you just go Joe? when was the last time you went to the lake? do you still have a boat??
I havent been out since the end of July
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-08-2013, 8:05 PM Reply   
I've got you beat Joe. Pretty sure the last time I rode was back in March or April
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-08-2013, 9:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoon View Post
I've got you beat Joe. Pretty sure the last time I rode was back in March or April
come the 26th coon, that will change!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-08-2013, 9:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
I havent been out since the end of July
hey Joe, are you off Columbus day...
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-09-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
come the 26th coon, that will change!
I have a Dr. appt. at 4:15 today. Going to review the latest x-rays. Im pretty sure he'll tell me I can start riding again. I'll keep you posted.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-09-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
So I have found a new hobby in my down time that is very easy on injuries

[IMG][/IMG]
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-09-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
hahahahahaha! that's so funny! Ryan would be so proud of you!

ok so I'm off this coming Monday but have a Dr apt @ 330. anybody gettin an itch to go out?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-11-2013, 6:07 PM Reply   
HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-14-2013, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
hey Joe, are you off Columbus day...
Negative......

But.... here are some cool pics from this weekend! May not be at the lake but im still tryin to have some fun

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-14-2013, 7:23 PM Reply   
it's ok, we didn't even board this weekend..

we just sat around...

ya know, just another lazy lounging weekend...

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-14-2013, 7:32 PM Reply   
Looks like a rough weekend you had their Curt
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-14-2013, 8:09 PM Reply   
sure was, good thing you didn't take me up on that invite
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-21-2013, 10:49 PM Reply   
I gotta give a shout out to my awesome wife! I only planned on going out Saturday, but no; she wanted to go Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday!

no complaining here

this couples weekend with friends made it even better

got some chase boating...

saw some birds...

and even squeezed some yoga in

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-28-2013, 2:08 PM Reply   
so many pics from this weekend but I'll just post the most outrageous of them all.

Eric, you'll have to ask Adam or Andy what happened on Sunday..
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-29-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
I love sunken trucks. Pumped for double up tomorrow. Can't wait to see what the UPS man can deliver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-31-2013, 4:04 PM Reply   
Here are a couple pics from our Halloween double up costume contest
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-31-2013, 4:55 PM Reply   
love the pic of you riding with the "crack" mask! just realized you left your bag of baby blue in my back pack Heisenberg
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-05-2013, 3:22 PM Reply   
Anyone riding this Saturday or want to ride?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-19-2014, 9:05 PM Reply   
One

Two

Three days in a row!

Water temp is about 57°. Anybody else still riding? I know Coon hasn't been

Joe Beaver, I still know a few girls

Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-21-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Water temp is about 57°. Anybody else still riding? I know Coon hasn't been
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-22-2014, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:

Joe Beaver, I still know a few girls

hows it been on the weekends, totally dead?

Im still alive by the way.... just lurking a little (not much real interesting happening on WW these days).....office life is killing me.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-23-2014, 6:03 AM Reply   
Yeah I've been pretty inactive on WakeWorld myself. Still going practically every weekend if not twice a week. Winter is always nice cuz the boats that are actually out there riding. We are friends with.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-20-2014, 5:50 AM Reply   
With the warm weather we've been having saguaro is up to 60°. But still wetsuit weather for me.

And i still can't wakeboard quite yet so I'm still only able to surf.

And another one for Joe

Hey Spencer, where are you tubing/power turn pics at???

Last edited by durty_curt; 02-20-2014 at 5:54 AM. Reason: .
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-20-2014, 6:02 AM Reply   
Aw man. Right on, I am not going to be out there for a long time.... I am moving to CA next week.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-18-2014, 11:05 AM Reply   
Any update on the water temp at Saguaro? Thinking of heading out there this week,
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-18-2014, 9:49 PM Reply   
Hey uh...... i miss Arizona
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-18-2014, 10:19 PM Reply   
The coldest water temp at saguaro I've seen is 63. Some spots I get 67.

We rode dirty this weekend. Just Mr BombWake and I. Shredded the Gnar for a good six hours! Gas bill was horrendous.

For the record, my boat only holds 35 gallons