Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-27-2012, 9:11 PM Reply   
106,070.00! what u think bout that?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2012, 9:55 PM Reply   
So actual purchase price is probably ~90k? Is that about the same or a little cheaper then the MKZ with the 450? Honestly I would of expected a little cheaper but who knows what actual purchase price is going to be. It could be 75, 80, 85, 90,95, etc?
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-28-2012, 12:29 AM Reply   
the worlds,with heater&cover...93,500 out the door. i think the 550 motor is only like 2grand more..worth it or not? man when ur spending 93 whats another 2 grand???
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-28-2012, 4:45 AM Reply   
100k+ 22ft tow boats. Out of control...

Nice looking boat though, best of luck on the purchase.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-28-2012, 6:15 AM Reply   
Chris that's not what they shot you for OTD is it?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
Chris, is that including tax and license? If so how much were those 2 things? For comparison sake it is better if you don't include those in your price since not all states have sales tax and even if they do it isn't the same. Does the worlds come with Z5, tower speakers, sub, amp, etc? Is that including the plug and play with the 3 sacks? I know it includes hydraulic seat and driver's seat heater.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-28-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
So actual purchase price is probably ~90k? Is that about the same or a little cheaper then the MKZ with the 450? Honestly I would of expected a little cheaper but who knows what actual purchase price is going to be. It could be 75, 80, 85, 90,95, etc?
Brett, lol, its MXZ, not MKZ.... :-) If they price that boat against the MXZ they might have a problem. Especially with the new Malibu Surfgate that can be ordered on the MXZ. I would think SC would make it substantially less to pursuede buyers.... If it is 90k that's pretty crazy.

As you mentioned, msrp is very skewed, my vlx msrp was $90k, I paid much less than this for the boat. The numbers change quite a bit when you open your checkbook and are ready to purchase... Hopefully this is the same for the SA 450/550... Would like to see SC have a successful launch of there new boat.

Last edited by fman; 07-28-2012 at 8:13 AM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Brett, lol, its MXZ, not MKZ.... :-) If they price that boat against the MXZ they might have a problem. Especially with the new Malibu Surfgate that can be ordered on the MXZ. I would think SC would make it substantially less to pursuede buyers.... If it is 90k that's pretty crazy.

As you mentioned, msrp is very skewed, my vlx msrp was $90k, I paid much less than this for the boat. The numbers change quite a bit when you open your checkbook and are ready to purchase... Hopefully this is the same for the SA 450/550... Would like to see SC have a successful launch of there new boat.
I am not so sure they will have that much of a problem trying to compete with Malibu. Considering there is a few people that left MAlibu and are at Skier's Choice now they know the strengths and weaknesses of MAlibu are. Malibu did a great job in the late 2000's of bringing a product to market that had amazing looks, feel and performance. After seeing the SA I wouldn't be surprised if Supra changes all of their boats to be more similar to the SA or V bow MAlibu's. Sure, I think they should be priced lower then MAlibu but not much. IF they can be about 5% less then the MXZ(without surf tabs) then I think they are in a perfect spot. If they can redesign the 21V and 22v with the 21V slightly less then the VLX and the 22V even or slightly more then the VLX then they will be pricced perfectly. One thing is that outside of this new SA what was the last major hull change they had. Teh outback V in 2009? The 22V in 07? They shouldn't feel bad and aren't throwing away a bunch of money in a recent hull redesign by coming out with new hulls on all their boats. The new SA hull looks like it has a deeper V all the way to the transom then the Malibu's. If so it should surf better then the Malibus(not that Malibu's are bad, they jsut aren't elite) which will make it a more versatile hull then the Malibu.

It might not happen right away but I wouldn't be surprised to see Supra have very similar priced, designed and equipped boats to Malibu. It is a very good spot to be in the boat heirarchy in my opinion.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-28-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
89,000+tax and stuff fro total of 93,500. and that with them giveing me 4540.00 for useing it in the boat show next spring. that fully loaded,with heater and cover included. really not that bad. thats with the 450 motor...dont think i need the 550..and they will store it this winter,winterize and summerize..but mspr on that boat is 106,070.00...
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
100k+ 22ft tow boats. Out of control....
Agreed. It's insane.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-28-2012, 7:18 PM Reply   
X2......when you can say that $93,500 isn't that bad for a tow boat......thats insane. I didn't pay much more than that for my 3 bedroom Townhouse!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-28-2012, 11:07 PM Reply   
$106k for a Supra 22.5ft. Ouch.

Maybe "Shock and Awe" was refering to people's reactions to the price.
Old    TN22            07-29-2012, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quoting MSRP is great and all but has anyone actually paid that for a boat? Seems kinda irrelevant to me.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-29-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
If you think 106K MSRP is irrelevant you must be beyond RICH. Good on ya brother if you don't even blink at the 100K mark!
Old    TN22            07-29-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
That's not what I meant, I was saying that the purchase price isn't going to be that so why does MSRP get so much attention when you won't be purchasing at that price?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-29-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
Even paying $90k for a 22.5 ft boat after discount isn't what I'd call cheap..... A Mojo for $60k looks like a steal in comparisson....