Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (epicism)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-04-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
I have a 2007 Epic 23v and am wondering if anyone else has trouble steering their boat in comparison to other wake boarding boats. Mine has a few mods that could be playing a factor. I notice how easy it is to steer my friends Malibu and Axis A22, whereas my boat is always a chore especially at speeds over 25mph. Even at 5mph it takes more effort than the other two boats I listed above. I pretty mechanical and there is nothing wrong with the system from what I can tell. All parts move freely while not int he water, nothing is pinched, nothing is binding, and all fitting that have zerks have been greased.

So, some factors that might be affecting it are the HP and trust of the new Kodiak engine I had installed (425hp 496ci) and the prop I had to install to keep the RPM under 5k (4.5x32). Could the thrust make that much difference? I mean that engine and prop combo turned this boat into beast.

Do you think this is the problem or the fact that epic decided to put in a cheap manual pull push wire steering on a 23' boat. if this is a common problem, has anyone installed a hydraulic system in theirs? I think that is what I am going to do unless I'm Missing Something.

Thanks for your response.