Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old    pdxWAKE.com            05-19-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
Once again the Oregon State Marine Board is having a hearing to discuss another popular wakeboarding area and proposing to make it a NO WAKE zone. This is one that we can win, but we need people to show up at the meeting. They have shut down large stretches of the river already and it will continue unless we can put a stop to this.
They are proposing to make the entire 2 mile stretch of water behind Ross Island, right down town a no wake zone. This is one of the most popular riding places in all of Portland and even Oregon. We need your help to just show up in numbers and spread the word....
Thanks so much!
To ready more about it go to www.pdxWAKE.com

LOCATION FOR MEETING
Date: Time: Location:
5-27-09 7 p.m.

The Portland Bldg. Auditorium
1120 SW Fifth Ave.
Portland,OR

If for some reason you can't make it please at least send an email showing that you do not support it: OSMB.rulemaking@state.or.us
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-19-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
That spot on the news was good for our side, Bobby didn't sound so hot. Are you in charge of the evite? I might round up a few of the dealers e-mails and get them on board.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            05-19-2009, 9:39 PM Reply   
You can forward the evite to anyone. That is exactly what you should do. Do it from the Evite page and they will be officially invited.
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-26-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
This is another ridiculous attempt to control a portion of the river by people who do not pay boating fees or help to fund any portion of maintianing oregon's waterways. If you guys want to pass this law, then make every single floatable device that touches our waterways register and pay licensing fees like all of us do who own power boats do. Our money pays for the law enforcement.

Also, if any of you knows and understands the traffic in this portion of the river, and how crowded the channel is, then you would understand that you are putting skiers and wakeboarders alike in harms way. I would never take my children out for water sport activities if it meant I had to run the channel to do it. What will the Willamette Sailing club think if your attempts to pass this law is approved? How dangerous will it become if all the dinner cruise boats, sailboats, and powerboats are all trying to use the same stretch of water? The back of Ross Island keeps the channel safe in one of the most heavliy congested areas of the willamette river, and to vote yes for this is not smart. I urge you to vote this law down. I will bet any amount of money there will be mulitple deaths in this area if this law is passed. VOTE NO.........

Why would the people who support this bill argue Erosion Control for one side of Ross Island and not the other? This is the most ludicrous arguement ever. Does the Island need Erosion protection or doesn't it? You can't have your cake and eat it too. If rowers and Kayaks want flat water, they can use the portions of the river that are already deemed no wake zones, that is their right. A small group of people should not be able to impose their will on the masses.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            05-26-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Whats up Chris? Hopefully you will be at the meeting and submit that. Here is the email address to send it off to the Marine Board too if you have not already done so...
smb.rulemaking@state.or.us">osmb.rulemaking@state.or.us
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-26-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
Yes, I did, Thanks Bro. They said that they made a note of my email
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
bump, anyone who can possibly attend please do. we need numbers to show how many people oppose this.
Old     (bruunstar)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-27-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   
I will be there...