Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-02-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
I want to thank everyone who has shown their concern for our son Chad the past couple of weeks. Many of you have been calling wanting to know how he is doing, so I decided to give a quick update. He suffered a severe knee injury last month while training in Florida. He came down wrong while learning the Tootsie Roll and tweaked his knee. Finally, after x-rays, MRI's and meeting with the Orthopedic Surgeon the conclusion is that he will not need surgery at this time. He tore his MCL, which they informed us that they rarely do surgery for this, it heals itself most of the time. He also stretched his ACL very bad and had some areas that were frayed. Being only 13 years old they felt it would be better to let it heal on it's own instead of doing surgery and disrupting the growth plate. The Doctors feel he should have a good recovery although he still can't walk on it and has tremendous pain. Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts.

Sincerely,

Chuck & Linda

(Message edited by cheeseman on November 02, 2007)
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-02-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
Best of luck to your son Chuck and hopes for a speedy recovery-
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-02-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
Chuck, good luck to Chad in his recovery...
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       11-02-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Get well Chad!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-02-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear this Chuck. Send chad a "get well soon" from CIE! Maybe we'll take him out and get him a lap dance to cheer him up.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-02-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
Good news, thanks for posting.

J-Rod your killing me
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-02-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Chad, All I was going to get you was a bag of candy.

J-rod- If I blow out my knee this weekend will you get me a lap dance?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-02-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
Glad to here it wasn't that bad. Chad, if you are going to get a brace, call me. Derek really likes the one he has now as opposed to the one he had before when he blew it out for a second time.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-02-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
Hey Chuck, please tell Chad that we wish him a speedy recovery and please give Linda and the fam our best!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-02-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Vince, fo show... do you prefer blondes or brunettes, or both at the same time?

Gotta start them early. We'll turn his lap into a dance floor!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-02-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
For a "is it really that extreme?" labeled sport there sure are a lot of kids getting hurt and it's happening at a younger and younger age!

Tell Chad to get well soon!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-02-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
chuck if you need any help just give me a shout
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-02-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
Whats up Chuck! just thought I would drop in and say good luck on his recovery! I hope his knee gets better! this injury happens way to much in this sport
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-02-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
Hope you feel better quick Chad. And remember give your mom the droopy I'm in so much pain eyes and you can get just about anything you want. And if you need a push in the wheelchair let me know.
Old    walt            11-02-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
Get well soon Chad.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-02-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
The Twelkers are hoping and praying for a speedy recovery. Get well soon Chad!

P.S. Be careful about Hillbilly pushin' you in the wheelchair. I hear he might be kind of a crazy driver.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-02-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
Glad to hear you don't need surgery and it will heal on its own. Good luck with a speedy recovery!!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Chad, get well soon bro. Let that thing heal up nice and good. Thats what the off season is for.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-03-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Nonsense I'm a proffesional driver! My license says so!
Old     (shawna_h)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-04-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
We all hope you'll heal really soon and are praying for you! Love to watch you ride and we know you'll be back on the water soon! But you'll probably be back on snow first.