Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-26-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
Me and some of my friends went out on the lake today and wakeboarded. We only had 6 people in the boat, with all ballast filled and the wedge down. For some reason none of us could get any pop off of it. We usually have about 9-11 people in the boat, but I've also rode with only about 4 in the boat and never had a problem like today. It almost seemed like you would go through the wake instead of popping off of it. This is my second VLX and I can't remeber this ever happening. My question is do you think the weight was distributed wrong or am I just used to riding with a bigger wake?
Old    mb_girl            07-26-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
Were you riding in shallow water?
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-26-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
No not at all, the lake we ride in is always around 50-80 feet deep.
Old    mb_girl            07-26-2004, 10:15 PM Reply   
Weird. I'm assuming same speed, rope length that you usually ride at? Depending on where your guests were sitting in the boat, that could have a big effect on the wake, especially if you're riding with 3-5 people less than you're used to. So to answer your question, yeah, it's possible that you had weight distributed differently/badly compared with what you're used to. Where were your guests sitting?

It's also possible that you guys were just having an off night. It happens.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-27-2004, 6:04 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan, saw you guys ripping it up last weekend (well the weekend before last) down at Norfork. We were in the new black and grey Malibu 23' trying to find smooth water back there where you guys were. I talked to you last year when I had my yellow and white VLX... anyway just wanted to say hey.

As far as your wake goes, any chance your wedge got bent? I have had that happen a few times, it doesn't take much, but if it's bent slightly the wakes might curl over a little or really have a different shape. That's what I'd check frist. If 6 guys all think the same thing something is probably wrong....
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
Ya i thought that was you, I noticed your dog. What engine do you have in that new LSV, is it the 8.1 or whatever? It sounds pretty awesome. So are you gonna stick with the LSV nest year, if not what are you going to get? I cleaned the boat up really good yesterday and didn't notice anything on the wedge but i'll check tomorrow. By the way, we were just doing a LITTLE wakeboarding, you were RIPPING. LOL
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-28-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
Yeah... I saw you guys throwing down... You aren't fooling me!

That boat that I had down there was actually my temporary boat, the Xti and it only had the Monsoon in it. My LSV came in last Friday, I ordered it with the Hammerhead... the 8.1L is a HUGE $$$ option... I'd like to have it but can't justify it just yet! Next year the VLX is totally different, I will probably do an 05 VLX with the new 400HP 383 motor! :-)

Funny, everyone notices our dog... next time I'm down I'll stop by and say hey!
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-28-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
sweet, Whens the next time your coming? I'd like to hop in with you guys for a run and see you board if you don't care. Was that other boat your friends boat? That was a pretty sharp boat too.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-28-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
No telling... my weekends are so full with the INT and dealer stuff going on. I'll try and PM you next time I'm heading down. You are more than welcome to ride with us anytime. We love that lake it's just a little bit of a drive for us.

We were having a dealer appreciation weekend that weekend. So the blue and black VLX with the titan tower was my buddies boat... also there that weekend was an all red LSV, a yellow and white Response LXi, a red and white Sunsetter Lxi, a blue and white VLX, and a bunch of Regals (no sessions). So it was a bunch of my buddies there for the weekend.
Old     (bjgreenewb)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
Ryan,

We had a similar issue a few times in my friend's VLX. We decided to put the wedge back up and it made a world of difference. We were getting better pop with the wedge up that time. Now my friend always rides with it up, but it doesn't matter to me either way. I don't seem to have a problem with it down or up except for those couple of days.

Just thought I would share my similar experience.

Tony:
Are you still coming to Indy for the Triple Crown? Our offer is still good for you to board with us that weekend.

Bryon
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-28-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
Bryon
ya someone else was saying something about that too. If it happens again i'll try to put the wedge up to see if it makes it better. Thanks
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-29-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
Bryon, man I'd love to be there but it looks like this year we have an INT scheduled that same Sat that I have to be at to drive. Thanks for the offer, it's much appreciated and maybe I can take you guys up on it some other weekend...