Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                03-09-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
How exactly do you load the line or whatever and get air without the jumps. I see people there doing huge raileys and stuff off the water. Can anyone give some advice or point me to a site where it shows maybe? Thanks
Old                03-22-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
It's all in loading the line, just like behind a boat, then realease real quickly. Just practice doing it a little bit a few times; if you get it right you'll feel it try to pull you up even if you just release and don't try to jump or anything. If you load the line right, then get off your edge and just let it go, it'll yank you up like ya wouldn't believe. Hope this helps, good luck...
Old                03-23-2004, 5:17 AM Reply   
www.orlandowatersports.com
go to their video section and download the video's of larry. you can get a good idea about how you are supposed to edge by watching him...I think they have some vid's of other people doing stuff off the lines too.
But as you'll see you have to have a really good edge and push it hard (in the vid his butt is just about in the water) then kind of just stand up/scoop your feet behind you.
I've in the process of learning this and was told it's better to learn backrolls first. And for that as you are getting off your edge you just pretty much look up and away (in the direction of your lead shoulder).
One of the cable Pros (sorry Dave didn't get your last name) was helping me out at OWC the other day and that is basically what he was telling me.