Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
So here is my layout.... does this work? note the on / off switch and how i keep things seperated. Trying to determine if that Acc / REM line would screw up everything because its on the seperate battery...

Is there going to be a problem doing that?

(Message edited by clayton191 on June 23, 2006)
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-23-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
You will get ground loop noise possibly if you don't run the HU from the same batteries. You can try it and if you do that would be the likely source.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-23-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
ground loop noise may be an issue, also fuse or use a circuit breaker on the power line from the trojan t-105's.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
adam: I didnt draw them in, but i have a fuse on each amp b+ to battery. Can't you do something to stop ground loop noise? is this just a bad idea? I'm just trying to isolate the stereo from the rest of the electrical stuff.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-23-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Are you goign ot use a perko switch or relay/combiner, ect to hook all yoru batteries up? to make is easy on me, I used a perko, and run on batt #2 (Golf Cart) and only ever switch to #1 in a non starting situation (low batt #2). All my boat power (pumps, stereo, PP, acc) is off batt #2, yes I do get some "nosie" thru the speaekrs that is audible at very low volumes when the blower, bilge pump or ballast pumps are on. Both batteries are on trickle charges when the baot is not in use.

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on June 23, 2006)
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
I've looked around - This whole Perko thing might be the way to go then. I didnt know if it would be cool to start the boat off the golf cart batteries... but it sounds like that is what your doing.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-23-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
I've been doing it for the last year, no problems and I still get a 100% charge on them. I've run a few differnt charging systems this is the simplest, least expensie methond. another better way but more expensive way is to run and isolater and combiner.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-23-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
tate is right on (would run sealed gel cells for batteries though)

i think the speakers in the boat are going to underpowered powered by the deck...