Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-25-2013, 4:58 AM Reply   
Anyone else notice we only see like 10 seconds of Shaun's riding in videos?
Here's what we see in no particular order:
1. One cool move
2. Him looking at or pointing to the camera with a cheeky grin
3. A raley

I'm not talking smack here, I just want to see more of his riding, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-25-2013, 8:22 AM Reply   
I'm guessing you're referring to the Hyperlite team videos. Have you seen this yet?

Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-25-2013, 8:29 AM Reply   
Heres a recent one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JDVUs38f-k
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-25-2013, 9:07 AM Reply   
It wasn't too long ago that Shaun was the guy in the spotlight.....getting most of the video play time, two video parts in All or Nothing, etc.... I still love watching Shaun ride. For as long as he's been in the sport, I'm stoked to see him still holding his own on the pro tour against the youngsters and still riding hard. Even by today's standards, he's still one of the best.

Guys like Rusty, Trever, Scott Stewart, and others are the ones that are pushing the the limits of what is possible of a wakeboard today.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-25-2013, 9:12 AM Reply   
Shaun's longevity is insane. He's the Brett Farve of wake.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-25-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
I'm guessing you're referring to the Hyperlite team videos. Have you seen this yet?

I was holding my breath at 1:40!!!! If that edge catches it's lights out and sorry boutcha face!

Shaun is the man and for once a positive role model in our sport. We NEED more riders like him on and off the water. More power to him!
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-25-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
Shaun's longevity is insane. He's the Brett Farve of wake.
IMO that comparison does not do Shaun justice.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-25-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
Look at Eric Kosten, he is a skate legend and he only had a few tricks in Guy Mariano's part in the recent release of Pretty Sweet. Shaun is in that same situation, he is legend status and isn't going to be pushing it as hard, it doesn't mean he is washed up or doesn't ride anymore. It's just different now.

Hopefully that made some sense.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-25-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
I'm going to pretend this was never said about Shaun Murray. I grew up watching/idolizing Murray in movies like For What It's Worth. He has more contribution to this sport then just about anybody. (obviously you can toss Byerly in that discussion). He has invented tricks that most guys can only dream about behind direct drives with no wake. And also one of the best ambassadors for the sport.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-25-2013, 11:39 AM Reply   
Visit Orlando and you can watch him ride all day long. By far the most humble wakeboarder of the whole bunch of pro riders Ive met. Spent lots of downtime with him fishing, rode doubles with him & even took a trip to Home Depot with him & picked his brain. Def a legend
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-25-2013, 12:10 PM Reply   
Murray is hands down one of the most positive role models for any sport - sincere, down to earth, nice person. I spent two days at The Boarding School last year and he offered to drop off a job application for me in the FedEx drop-box on his way home so I would not have to make a trip out from the camp. Wish there were more people like him in professional sports.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-25-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepintoliquid View Post
I'm going to pretend this was never said about Shaun Murray. I grew up watching/idolizing Murray in movies like For What It's Worth. He has more contribution to this sport then just about anybody. (obviously you can toss Byerly in that discussion). He has invented tricks that most guys can only dream about behind direct drives with no wake. And also one of the best ambassadors for the sport.

I don't think anything bad was said?
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-25-2013, 1:17 PM Reply   
I could never think of a better ambassador or role model for the sport. He's the most down to Earth, honest, humble rider that I have ever met. And besides, he does the sweetest raleys known to the sport! They speak for themselves.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       01-25-2013, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepintoliquid View Post
Was about to say the same thing! For what it's worth was the first wake video we owned and my brother and I almost wore the tape out watching his section over and over again.
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-25-2013, 3:16 PM Reply   
No offence was ever meant. Shaun is an awesome rider I just want to see more than 10 seconds of his riding. I love his riding... just want more cause it inspires us older guys.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-25-2013, 4:18 PM Reply   
I think there was a thread recently about how Shaun is still progressing his riding and landing new tricks. I don't even know where to begin to look but maybe some of you guys remember. Anyone remember Switch 22? That movie was hilarious and Shaun was killing it!
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-26-2013, 5:13 AM Reply   
i think a Shaun Marray doco is way over due.
Old     (Hooya)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-26-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
Personally i have seen more vids of shaun than of any other rider in the last (and my first) two years of wakeboarding.
Old     (on_board_wakeboarding)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-26-2013, 10:21 AM Reply   
I just wanna say I met him today at the Dusseldorfer Boat show in Germany, and he is "Mr Nice" super friendly.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-26-2013, 2:37 PM Reply   
Must have read it wrong. I blame the hater-ness on winter time.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-03-2013, 5:58 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NBrR...hxdidg&index=2

This should ease your concerns. This is pretty recent shooting for our new website.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-03-2013, 8:35 AM Reply   
sick
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       02-04-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
^yup. All that riding behind the 230?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-04-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
I'll talk smack all day for new Murrary footage. Thanks, there are a few videos in this thread that I have never seen.
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-07-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NBrR...hxdidg&index=2

This should ease your concerns. This is pretty recent shooting for our new website.
Nice. I can't think of anyone who makes wakeboarding look easier. His riding is so fluid.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
I would defo buy a Shaun Documentary.

Have to agree with Wiatowski, he just makes things look seamless and easy.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       02-07-2013, 12:59 PM Reply   
I think it's time for Kilgus to put out a new movie. We could hijack the thread and call it "Kilgus what the ???? Where's our Murray Documentary" haha totally kidding but when you really think about it Parks, Danny, and Byerly have all had documentaries. All more than worthy of course, but I see Shaun being just as deserving. Who knows though, he may have had the opporutnity and turned it down or didn't have the time. He does a lot for this industry and not just the brands he works directly for.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       02-13-2013, 3:38 PM Reply   
I have been told that the G23 doesn't turn sharp enough to be at TBS. That is why the 230 and the 2013 X-Star are there.