Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       08-16-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
What do I need to do to change the ATF in the transmission? And what fluid is in the V drive, and how do I change it?
Thanks for the help.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-16-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
Haven't dealt with a Moomba before (Mercruiser?) but if it's like the rest of the v-drives I've seen you suck it out through the dipstick hole with a hand pump. There's no drain and the new fluid goes back in the same hole.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-16-2010, 8:04 PM Reply   
Transmission. Should say on the tranny but it usually uses Dextron/Mercon III compatible transmission fluid. There is not a drain hole. I have a drill pump (about $20) so suck out the fluid from the fill hole in the top (about 2 quarts as I recall).

V-Drive - Check the manual but normally they all take straight 30 weight motor oil without any additives. The assitives will make if foam too much and you need straight 30 weight. No 5w-30 or 10w-30, etc. You can suck that right out the top too.

Very easy process with a drill pump and an old bucket.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-17-2010, 7:46 AM Reply   
Oh, so it has a divorced transmission and v-drive? I thought most were like my MasterCraft and the v-drive was the transmission (all in one).
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-17-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
This is what i use for all my fluids. Works great and only takes no time at all to get the job done. Just make sure to put back in the same amount you take out of the Trans and V-Drive and you'll be fine.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10440
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-17-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Oh and yeah Jeff the Trans and V-Drive are seperate.
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-17-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Here is a walk thru from the moomba forums. http://moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=10977