Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nomore)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-01-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
I dont know how many of you ride Slingshot's product, but I was a strong believer in them. Their customer service used to be the BEST. I am now convinced that I will no longer buy anything they sell, due to how things are going now. Its not the same as it used to be, and I understand the economy isn't so hot, but they should definitely have someone working in warranty that knows their own butt from a hole in the ground... And as far as I can tell, they have some people working in departments they definitely should NOT be in.

All in all, I see Slingshot's customer service going straight down the drain! After a couple things happened recently, I REFUSE to purchase anything they sell now.

Anybody else had any issues? I feel that I am not the only one who has these feelings now!
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
nice first post... I have not had to deal with their warranty dept, but did have to talk to customer service, I had a good experience with them...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-01-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
uhh ohh... maybe more time is needed to get things in sway after the change up? i have not had to deal with customer service. probably wont till those RAD boots come out. i want to check those out (like everyone else )
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-01-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...king+slingshot
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
There's no need to reference the old thread...none of the text transferred over (at least it hasn't yet).
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-01-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
I haven't had to deal with them since Kyle left... but while he was there it was seriously better than best.

I would call with a problem, expect they could do nothing and would have understood, and next thing you know I have the warranty guy's cell phone so he could help me resolve my problem while he was on vacation.... hard to beat that.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-01-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
yea, it's supposed to transfer over sometime Dave said. You can also change the display mode and see the text
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-01-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Could you explain a little more about your situation? I had some trouble when I first got my bindings, and then they tore, but they replaced them just seeing the photos and didnt have wait but about a week before I had some new ones and never sent anything off but emails.
Old     (97sunsetter)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-01-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
Yeah, I agree with Highrock. If your so upset tell us why! My board is gettin old and I'm starting to look for new ones. I love Hyperlite's customer service. I have had countless pairs of boots rip on me and they just replace them, and finally they upgraded me from Foundations to 3DS for $40. Not to mention the lifetime warranty they offer on their boards. Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the boards they offer right now. What happened with Slingshot? I'm hard on gear so I'd like to know the company I purchase from is going to be as good to me as the guys at Hyperlite were.
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-01-2010, 11:44 PM Reply   
Dont knock on slingshot after my boot liners fell out of the boat last week they sent me brand new liners free of charge...now thats customer service
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-02-2010, 1:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
I dont know how many of you ride Slingshot's product, but I was a strong believer in them. Their customer service used to be the BEST. I am now convinced that I will no longer buy anything they sell, due to how things are going now. Its not the same as it used to be, and I understand the economy isn't so hot, but they should definitely have someone working in warranty that knows their own butt from a hole in the ground... And as far as I can tell, they have some people working in departments they definitely should NOT be in.

All in all, I see Slingshot's customer service going straight down the drain! After a couple things happened recently, I REFUSE to purchase anything they sell now.

Anybody else had any issues? I feel that I am not the only one who has these feelings now!

you wouldn't happen to be an ex-employee or ex-rider hiding behind an alias, would you?