Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-11-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean Ellis
H2O Pro Accessories
Old     (makai_surfer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-11-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
Check out: www.pop-products.com get at least 20 bags and you will be all set with some 500-750lbs sacks in the rear corners.

Get the boat deep in the water and as tilted to one side as you can. I like the pop bags since they are easy to move and allow the wave to be nicely dialed in.

You can also play with the trim tab at 1/4 - 1/2 position to get a little extra push.

Good luck!!
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-13-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
kgb about half full, surf side stock full and about a 400 lbs sac in the rear locker and you will be good to go. That is what we use in our 08 X2 and have no problems
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-13-2009, 3:12 PM Reply   
I have been doing everything you just said Justin.... but had the KGB full. I will try it half full and see how it does.

Thanks!

H2O Pro Accessories
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-14-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
I think some people mess with the plate some to help but I have not done that yet. I don't have a problem with the way I am set up. It is not anything huge but if works and that way I don't have to mess with any extra sacs since i have the fly high X2 sacs installed it is just a flip of the switch. We normally have 3 people sitting on the surf side so if you don't have the bodies you may need to use a extra sac on the seat. Good luck!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-14-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
My boat doesnt have a wake plate. How much did it cost you to put the Fly High X2 sacks installed?
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
I got the sacks from a friend used since he upgraded to a xstar, so I only payed 300 for them. I think to get all 3 sacks new it is around 600. I installed them myself. It is very easy if you just run the overflow to them and a new overflow out of the sack. There are several post on MC team talk that give full instructions and pics. If you are interested in the sacks call Ian at onlyinboards.com and he will set you up. The Fly high kit is the only way to go in the X2. The wake for wakeboarding is so much better than just stock ballast. The only thing that is a pain is getting the pump timers extended. I have been messing with mine and still don't have it perfect yet, but I am not sure if your 07 pumps timers are setup the same as mine or not. Just call a dealer and they can tell you exactly what you need to do.

If it stops raining here this weekend I will get out and get a few pics of the wake. Good luck!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-16-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
is the bow sack the Pro X Series Integrated Bow Sac?

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Ski-boat-accessories/fat-sacks.html

It's on the page above.

I just want to make sure I get prices on the right things.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. I want to do more riding during the week instead of the weekends. The bayou is getting too crowded during the weekends and it's turning up the water. During the week we have all the glass we want. But then... you cant get as many people in the boat cause people are working. So..... I need extra ballast...

H2O Pro Accessories
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-17-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
When we surf the 08 X2 it is kgb 1/2 full, surf side factory full, 500 in the rear locker, and 500 on the rear bench. The X2 likes to go fast (12-13mph) to get any length out of the pocket.
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-18-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
I don't think that is the one. Here is a link to fly high's page and go down to the X2 additional ballast there is part #'s there and just send Ian @ onlyinboards a email with the #'s and he should be able to get you set up. I think the # is for the kit with the valves so it will be like 1100 I think. Just tell him you want the sacks from that kit. Here is a link that shows how to install and all the addition parts you will need.

http://fatsac.servehttp.com/FlyHigh/FlyHighSacs.html

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25491&highlight=high+ballast

Sorry I didn't get out this weekend due to the wind and now bad flooding of the river so it may be a few weeks before I can get any pics.

rzap how many people do you have in your boat when you surf? Any pics of that wake? To me the pocket is good but I am no pro. I might have to try a sac on the seat to see if there is that much of a difference. I have one but don't want to mess with extra sacks and pumps if I don't need to.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-18-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Justin!
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-19-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
We usually have 6+ people (adults and kids) the wake is tall and thick. It is just the pocket is fairly short and we found that it gets larger with more speed giving us more room to play.

We may however have too much weight in the back, and may need to move some of it forward. That will be the next trial.