Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
Sorry about all of the posts about boats lately, but I'm trying to get info for my dad for our next boat. What shape is the wake on a B52 V23? I have been told that MBs take more weight to sink because they float high, is this true? I have also heard that the Pro Tower rattles, is this true? If you had a choice would you get the Pro or swoop tower?

Thanks in advance
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
BTW I did do a search and didn't get much info
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-09-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
The B52 V23 comes with 2000lb of ballast. I have an 06 and its plenty of weight. The wake is big, the more weight you add the harder it gets. It is nice and rampy but still has a nice lip at the top that pops you nice.

Really you need to get out and ride one to see if its the type of wake that you like. All wakes are different and so are all the boats. Ride all of them and you will know when you find one that fits you well.

As for the tower I went with the swoop tower I did not like the look of the pro tower. I have two NVS addictions hanging from mine and the tower is good and stable.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Do you add more weight up front to compensate for not having the front ballast?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
How far back do you ride?
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-10-2007, 4:33 AM Reply   
I have the Team Edition of the V23 (hi Sean, another Alan customer here) and it has an extra 500 lbs of ballast in the bow (making it 2500 lbs total). I'm not very good, but I've had a few people behind it that are crazy-sick riders, and they all seem to love the wake.
I have the pro tower and have no problems, although I can understand not liking the looks of it. That seems to be a love/hate kind of thing. However, if you have to take the tower down a lot, I'd recommend the swoop as the pro tower is a bitch break down & put up.
Also, I ride @ 80 (75 + 5 on the handle) ~ 21 Mph, although I haven't had my speed calibrated, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of that #. Everyone seems to ride 5 - 10 ft longer than they normally do (compared to a Supra or Malibu 23LSV).
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-10-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
they are great boats ive got an 07 b52v with the swoop tower the one i had before this had the pro tower on it and after having both there is no way i would go with the pro tower again. i think it looks better than the swoop but moves side to side alot more than the swoop and like everybody else has said its a major pain in the butt to break down. abou the wake ive not meet anybody that didnt love it. but im sure there out there get in one and see what you think
Old     (redneckracing)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-11-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
i have a 06 b52 v23, has anyone ever had serious problems with their mb sports boat?
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
ya ive had some but even though it took mb a while to adressing the problems they did take care of. i didnt think there is a dealer in wy? did you get it used our go out of state to get it? ether way it should still be under warranty. pm me if you want ill try and help you any way i can.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-11-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
I've only ridden behind the v23 team and I loved it.... Cool boat, nice wake. I thought construction seemed solid.

Tomcat or V23? That'd be a tough decision. I think it breaks down to how big of a boat you need. I'd be inclined to go Tomcat because of the huge bow area. As far as wake.... I'd have to ride them the same day to really coment. I definitely know that I had fun behind both of them which is something I rarely say about a boat with stock ballast.
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
Shaun,
The only problem I've had w/ my v23 was on occasion, one of the pumps on the ballast system would be flaky. I mentioned it to the dealer, and he knew right away it was a problem w/ the impellers (they were too big). A few days later, I had 3 new impellers in the mail & everything was working fine.

As far as Tomcat vs B52 V23...I like my wake better, but who am I to judge? I pretty much suck...
Old     (redneckracing)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
I like the wake on my v23, only because it is steeper and not as mellow versus the larger tomcat wake. The tomcat wake is bigger than my v23 wake though.
Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       06-12-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
I have a 07 b52. It has the stock 1800 ballast and it makes a great wake. But i went and added a 350 sack in the bow and a 540 sac in the middle and it puts out a huge wake now! I also have the swoop and i think thats the way to go. Heard alot of problems with the pro towers.
Old     (longgonebon)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-16-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
one more vote for swoop.. well I just have pro and don't like it, mainly for breakdown reasons. If I didn't have to break it down I think i'd stick with the pro becasue i think it looks cool and i have no rattles or any other problems. I have an 07 22v but think the wake on it is great. Another thing I like about it is that the since the ballasts are two big ones the run up each side it is easier to set up for surfing, makes a surfable wave by just filling up one side.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       06-17-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
wait Shaun, you have an MB? you were just ripping on MBs in the tomcat thread... whats wrong with your v23?
Old     (redneckracing)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
tomcat is an okay boat, my v23 wake is better. but i have had some serious problems with the whole boat
Old     (cdl)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-19-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
shaun what kind of problems? I find it hard to believe that the didn't or won't take care of you.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-20-2007, 12:05 AM Reply   
Ive had mine for a little over a year and have not had any problems or issues. I love the boat
Old     (gerryaws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-20-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
Closedtoe,
I would be happy to take you and your family out in a Tomcat and a B52V23. Just give me a call at the store, no pressure, and you guys can decide which one you like if any. I can be contacted at the Oregon City store at any time, (503) 650-5991.