Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-02-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
Many of us complain when we are injured or hurt and cannot get on a board, myself included. Personally this year was a notably bad year for injuries. As of late I have been complaining about the fact of not being able to get on a board between the months of October and April. Unfortunately I have the type of personality that gets really frustrated and upset when I cannot ride (or "vent through physical activity").

Then I came across this website: http://www.shredformikey.com/

Reading through the site it really put things in perspective and allowed me to see "how bad things could be".

To those who are currently injured, lets take a moment out and reflect on how much worse things could have been, and how fortunate we are to do what we do.

Sorry if this link has been used in the past, I just came across it.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-02-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
Don't bum out too much bubba. You'll be bustin' OA 7's in only 4 months. Just get strong and remember that everyone gets hurt at some point. I did too and it sucked. I'd still take the 4-5 new tricks and spins you stuck in such a short time frame...punk. I'm still jealous.

Now get back to work on my tax return and quit complaining.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-02-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
i was on the trampoline this summer learning new tricks and i have the net so i dont fly off it and hurt myself but i ended up jamming my finger into the net and the bed resulting in surgury and 2 pins..now any pressure on my finger hurts..
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-03-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Just this morning I woke up and thought for the first time that maybe I should really see a doc about my knee, cuz it's getting kinda bad. Then I saw this and thought, "nah, quit being a sissy!" LOL! FYI - Don't know if anyone else did this, but I sent an email to Mikey thru his site wishing him well. Recovery for him will take a long time and I figure every little bit helps!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-04-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
FYI - got a response from Mikey's dad to my email, so figured i'd post it so everyone can read it. hopefully we'll see him out on the water soon! "Hey Kylie,
I'm Mike's dad, and I just came across your note, thanks for the kind words of encouragement for Michael. I'll make sure he see's your note and it will certainly bring a smile to his face. I know snowboarding is his favorite sport, but I'm positive if he had the opportunity, wake boarding would be a close second. I checked out the wakeworld site and that's right up his alley. Good luck to you and all the other riders, it appears to be a close knit community, just like snowboarders. Stop by Michael's website again, I should be putting pictures of him trying out sit-down mono skis for the first time in February. Who knows, maybe he'll be trying knee boarding in the summer!!
Take care,
Mike (dad)"