Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-12-2006, 10:42 PM Reply   
I know most of the delta boarders were at tthe DRA event at union pt., but I guess it was a pretty bad crash to start a poker run off in antioch area here the news article;

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/15261518.htm
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-12-2006, 11:28 PM Reply   
crazy!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-13-2006, 12:01 AM Reply   
is that the norm there were you guys board?boats going that fast? or is that in a bigger body of water?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-13-2006, 12:03 AM Reply   
it's not the norm where my friends and i ride. and no disrespect, but the crash had nothing to do w/ wakeboarding or wakeboard boats.
Old     (deltaboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-13-2006, 12:08 AM Reply   
So many speedboats were out today because of that poker run. My friends parents saw 2 accidents out near stockton and there was a Scarab in Indian Slough that must have lost it around a corner and ended up on a mud bank that I saw vessel assist pulling out
Old     (garman)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-13-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Those Skater boats are something else. The 40' Skater can run up to 170mph!! The hull only weighs about 4500lbs.. and holds 400 gallons of fuel. I saw one the other day on Lake Ouachita. It was definitely fast....
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
I am not sure what happened, but there was one, out of the water, stuck on the center Island in Indian Slough right in front of Disco Bay around 4:00pm yesterday. It was still there at 8:00pm when I returned
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-13-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
100 miles per hour? How big is the body of water where the crash took place? These are BIG boats right?

Man, those guys must have some stones...
Old     (vfrdude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-13-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
That section of the river is probably a good 1/2 mile across, maybe wider. They've run boat races there during the Pittsburg seafood festival. You'll see these types of boats running up and down this channel on a regular basis.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-13-2006, 4:05 PM Reply   
hahaha we saw that scarab but also at the scene was the around 40 ft extreme motor sports cat. from what we saw we were thinking they were racing. not sure though. guy in scarab was complaining about being out of beer when we asked if he was ok. i think that that mighta had something to do with it. and to answer your ? on them being big some are and some aren't they range from like 23ft on upwards
Old     (hollywood1971)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
does anyone have any pictures?
Old    vessel_assist            08-15-2006, 1:54 AM Reply   
I actually worked both cases. That Skater is a one of a kind special. One of the Arneson drives fell the f%^k out of the transom. It left a big hole. Some of the boats behind him saw him flip and slowed down...some didn't and hit some that did. It was described to me to be like restrictor plate day at a NASCAR race. Pile up.
The Scarab was a BUI arrest. SO had me impound it. The owner was not at the wheel. That same boat (different owner) was involved in another accident about 3 years ago above Orwood RR Bridge. Ran over a little trihull. A young girl was ejected into the levee off the Scarab. I believe she perished. I towed it then to.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-15-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
Sounds to me like this boy hasn't learned his lesson, and needs to go to JAIL !!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-15-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Sounds like a SCARAB with bad Karma to me!

I've never been clear if there is a speed limit or not on the Delta or is it one of those "never go faster then it is safe" type laws?

I have only been on one of those "offshore" type boats once and we were doing about 90 on Old River when a boat pulling a rider came out of the cut coming from Victoria and our island. Our driver had time to react so it wasn't a close call or anything but what struck me was how quickly we closed on that boat. If our drive had his head turned even for a second it could have been disasterous!