Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-26-2005, 5:43 AM Reply   
Speaker box, tower quick disconnect? Where, other then wakeproducts, can I get these and what kind of price will i expect to pay? Wakeproducts has some but it looks like a set of tower clamps and quick releases will run over $200??
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-26-2005, 7:02 PM Reply   
Come up with a pair that has a $100 retail and you got a great business model, $200 a fair price for the quantities in the tower speaker aftermarket.

If they (or we) could sell thousands per month the price would come down quick but making billet parts as a small company with reletively low volume is pretty expensive.

There are some ideas on www.diyTower.com that may help if you want to make some.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-26-2005, 11:08 PM Reply   
I just rotated my Precision Metal Machining clamps and added an aluminum L bracket cut from a thick piece of al angle. Instead of bolts I have big plastic knobs with stainless inserts. The clamps have studs that you just hang the speakers from then screw the locking knobs on. It's working pretty well although the knobs have come loose a couple times so I have to watch and retighten them occasionally.
Old    grud8            04-26-2005, 11:31 PM Reply   
Mikeski, I'm not certain if I am picturing it correctly, is there a way to drill a hole in the bottom portion of the locking knobs and through the clamp? If so you could run a cotter pin or small metal dowel through it that would keep it in place. Just a thought.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-26-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
Does this help...

Old    grud8            04-27-2005, 12:26 AM Reply   
Perfect. So if you have a drill press you can drill a small hole (maybe 7/32 in diameter) on the neck between the L bracket and clamp and through the locking knob bolt. You can then either run a cotter pin with a flat head on one side and a hole on the other for a clip or else a clip right through the hole. The key is to get something that is the exact same diameter as the hole. This should eliminate the knobs from loosening without convoluting the ease of the quick release setup.